- Save up to 40% on hotels & holidays this August
- Book holidays to top destinations in Europe & worldwide
- Travel before 26th September 2019 (inclusive)
Kerguelen weather in January 2020
- 1010°C max day temperature
- 2424 days with some rainfall
- 44°C min night temperature
- 1616 hours of daylight per day
- 0No heat & humidity
- 5656 mm of monthly rainfall
- 88 (Very High) UV index
- 55°C sea temperature
The January weather guide for Kerguelen, French Southern & Antarctic Lands shows long term weather averages processed from data supplied by CRU (University of East Anglia), the Met Office & the Netherlands Meteorological Institute. Find out more about our data sources.
Metric (°C / mm) | Imperial (°F / inches)
Guide to Kerguelen weather in January
The average maximum daytime temperature in Kerguelen in January is a cool 10°C (50°F). The average night-time temperature is usually a cold 4°C (39°F). There are usually 6 hours of bright sunshine each day, which represents 39% of the 16 hours of daylight.
Expect 56mm (2.2 inches) of rainfall across the whole of January with 24 days with some rain falling. Maximum UV levels will be very high (8 UV index) at midday when the skies are clear.
The average sea temperature in and around Kerguelen in January is 5°C (41°F).
Kerguelen sunrise & sunset times for January 2020
Browse the sunrise & sunset times for Kerguelen in January 2020. Select a month to view Kerguelen sunrise & sunset times for the next twelve months.
|Date||Sunrise times||Sunset times|
|Wednesday, 1st January 2020||04:17||20:27|
|Thursday, 16th January 2020||04:36||20:21|
|Friday, 31st January 2020||05:00||20:04|
- Save an extra 10% on cheap car hire worldwide
- With this exclusive Holiday Autos discount code
- Travel before 31st December 2019 (inclusive)
More French Southern Lands destinations
Get FREE travel offers
Sign up to receive the latest deals and exclusive discounts on holidays, flights, hotels and more, plus inspiration on where to go when
We promise not to share your details
Popular travel offers
*affiliate links: find out how we are funded and why this helps us remain free to use.