- Save on luxury holidays with in the latest BA Club World sale
- Book business class flights + hotel with British Airways
- Deals on all inclusive escapes, beach holidays & city breaks
Cheap Orlando holidays: Studio & theme park deals 2017/2018
If you're on the hunt for cheap holidays to Orlando in 2017/2018, look no further as we have the very latest deals and special offers on breaks for all the family. Whether it's a trip for kids or a grown up treat, here you'll find great value holidays plus detailed information about each theme park, and Orlando attractions.
- Latest Orlando deals
- Fly Drive holidays
- Disney World Orlando
- Universal Studios
- International Drive
- Other resorts in Orlando
- Key facts about Orlando
- Orlando weather guide
- Florida holiday deals
Cheap holidays to Orlando 2017/2018
If you're searching for cheap holidays to Orlando in 2017/2018, you've come to the right place. Here you'll find the very latest deals discounts and special offers on all types of holidays to the world's theme park capital:
- Save up to £500 per couple on summer 2017 holidays
- Book holidays to Canaries, Balearics, Spain & Portugal
- Travel before 31st October 2017 (inclusive)
- Save on flights to the USA with Thomas Cook Airlines
- Fly to Orlando, Boston, New York, Las Vegas, Miami & LA
- Flight prices from just £179.99 one way
- Get FREE hire car in Florida when you book flights & villa
- Also includes FREE welcome pack & satnav
- Travel between 1st Jan & 31st Dec 2018 (inclusive)
- Save up to £400 on winter sun holidays in 2017/2018
- Book holidays to Canaries, Caribbean, Cape Verde & more
- Travel between 1st Feb & 31st Mar 2018 (inclusive)
- Get 14-day Walt Disney World ultimate ticket for price of 7
- Book 5 nights or more at a Disney Resort Hotel in 2017/2018
- Travel before 31st December 2018 (inclusive)
Expires at 23:59 on Monday 31st December 2018
- Receive DisneyLife FREE for 12 months with holiday packages
- Access to Disney movies, box sets, live TV & more
- Book 2018 Walt Disney World holidays online today
- Travel between 1st Jan & 31st Dec 2018 (inclusive)
Expires at 23:59 on Monday 6th November 2017
- Save on holidays to Orlando, Florida with Thomson
- Browse the latest top holiday offers for Florida, USA
- Filter deals by departure airport, duration & more
- Save up to 10% on holidays to Orlando
- Book online with Thomson to receive discount
- FREE kids places & low deposits also available
- Save on hotel stays in Orlando, Florida with Hilton
- Browse available hotels on a map to find the perfect location
- Book online with Hilton Hotels for the lowest price
- Discover the best holiday deals to Orlando
- Check out the latest late deals or seach for a specific dates
- Pay low holiday deposits from £49 per person
- Browse the top offers on holidays to Orlando
- Browse the latest Destinology sale offers & online deals
- Filter deals by departure airport, star rating & more
- Browse the top holiday offers to Orlando
- Check out the Tripadvisor rating before you book
- Filter deals by price, star rating, duration, month & more
- Find the cheapest flights to Orlando by month
- Filter by airport or select a specifc departure date
- Prices shown are one-way including taxes & charges
- Explore the latest offers on holidays to Orlando
- Filter deals by departure airport, price & star rating
- Holiday prices shown are per person
- Save on holidays & tickets for Walt Disney World Florida
- Book special offers & save on holidays in 2017/2018
- Offers include FREE dining, gift cards & more
- Save up to 25% with the latest hotels deals for Orlando
- Compare hotels & read the latest reviews before you book
- Check out the best prices from leading hotel providers
Orlando Fly Drive holidays
If you're looking for complete convenience on your cheap holiday to Orlando in 2017/2018, consider booking a Fly Drive holiday.
The principle is simple: book and pay for your car hire when purchasing your flights and/or holiday to get a great combined deal. It's a cost effective way for you to make the most of your precious holiday time. Enjoy the freedom of being able to easily skip between the various theme parks and attractions in and around Orlando, or further afield in Florida. Various companies offer Fly Drive packages including British Airways and Virgin Holidays.
Disney World Orlando holidays
A break at Walt Disney World Resort is far more than a holiday, with a seemingly countless supply of rides and attractions to enjoy when on a cheap holiday to Orlando in 2017/2018. There's so much to see and do for every age and interest, from wildlife and dinosaurs to science and technology. Read on to discover more about Walt Disney World Resort's five parks:
No cheap holiday to Orlando in 2017/2018 would be complete without a visit to Disney's Magic Kingdom. It's an absolute classic, where you'll gaze upon the famous Cinderella Castle and meet familiar faces such as Mickey Mouse and Donald Duck. As the first park to be built within the complex, Magic Kingdom is possibly the most well known. It opened in 1971, and has been delighting visitors of all ages with its selection of rides, attractions, and friendly characters ever since.
Magic Kingdom is dedicated to the world of fairytales, where you'll meet everyone from Belle of Beauty and the Beast, to Aladdin, Rapunzel, Peter Pan, Frozen's Elsa and so many more. You'll also enjoy an impressive firework display and musical parades daily.
There'll definitely be no time for boredom on a cheap holiday to Orlando, as Magic Kingdom is split into six different 'lands' with plenty opportunities to lose yourself in make believe. These lands are made up of:
- Adventureland - Aladdin meets Jack Sparrow in this land, which is divided again into two sub areas (Arabian Village and Caribbean Plaza). Attractions include the flying Magic Carpets of Aladdin and Pirates of the Caribbean rides, as well as the Jungle cruise down several major rivers of the world.
- Frontierland - for a touch of the Wild West head to two of this land's most well known rides, Splash Mountain and Big Thunder Mountain Railroad. Catch singing bears (the animatronic kind) at the Country Bear Jamboree, and explore the caves of Tom Sawyer's Island.
- Liberty Square - it's a journey through colonial America in Liberty Square, where you'll find a haunted mansion, river boat cruise, replica Liberty Bell, and the popular Hall of Presidents.
- Fantasyland - dedicated to Disney classics, this land recently underwent a substantial expansion with new rides such as The Little Mermaid: Ariel's Undersea Adventure. Other favourites include the Seven Dwarfs Mine Train, It's a Small World, Adventures of Winnie the Pooh, and Peter Pan's Flight, while the star attraction has to be the iconic Cinderella Castle.
- Tomorrowland - it's all planets and galactic adventures here with rides including Space Mountain, Buzz Lightyear's Space Ranger Spin, Monsters Inc. Laugh Floor, and so much more.
- Main Street, U.S.A - less a nod to New England, more a representation of the differing architectural styles across the country, Main Street is a busy hub of shops selling souvenirs and food, with the stunning Cinderella Castle at one end. There's a tramway down the middle, and it's also the stage for the Disney Festival of Fantasy Parade.
With so much to see in just one of the Walt Disney World Resort parks on a cheap holiday to Orlando in 2017/2018, you'll be pleased to know that the handy Walt Disney World Railroad, which skirts the perimeter of the park, stops at Main Street, U.S.A., Frontierland, and Fantasyland to help you get around. On top of the huge selection of things to see and do at this timeless Disney park, there's also a wealth of dining options, tours and events taking place year-round.
Epcot, which is more than double the size of Magic Kingdom, is a considered celebration of humanity and the universe, and a must visit on any cheap holiday to Orlando in 2017/2018. It's one for science and history lovers, culture vultures and the eternally curious, as it pays special attention to the evolution of mankind and the technological advances we've made as a species.
The heart of Epcot is surely its enormous geodesic dome, Spaceship Earth. This fascinating ride takes you through the millennia, from prehistoric man, via the creation of the alphabet and invention of the likes of the printing press, all the way to modern day technology and innovation. It's an interactive ride that last around 15 minutes, and is a fountain of inspiration of both children and adults.
To help you make the most of your time in Epcot on a cheap holiday to Orlando in 2017/2018, the park is divided into two main areas:
- Future World - a number of pavilions make up this part of the park, and house everything from educational rides to informative exhibitions exploring technology and science. Look out for Mission: SPACE, Universe of Energy, The Seas with Nemo and Friends, The Land, and - of course - Spaceship Earth, among others.
- World Showcase - a treat for the sense often referred to as the 'permanent world's fair' this section is a collection of themed pavilions dedicated to examining the culture of 11 countries (Mexico, Norway, China, Germany, Italy, the USA, Japan, Morocco, France, UK and Canada). Each pavilion is decked out in everything from a country's architecture and landscapes to street scenes, shops, and restaurants selling that nation's cuisine.
There's a diverse mix of entertainment on offer across both areas, from acrobats and street performers, to night time light shows, and even a good old fashioned British pub band. Of course, you'll also see the friendly faces of Mickey Mouse, Mulan, Winnie the Pooh, Snow White and many more meandering through various 'countries' as well.
Epcot is a great park to visit for anyone on a cheap holiday to Orlando in 2017/2018. It has so much to offer as a fun-filled destination bursting with interesting and memorable attractions celebrating the universe, our world, and human achievement.
Disney's Hollywood Studios
Disney's Hollywood Studios gives those on a cheap holiday to Orlando a glimpse at the glitz and glamour of the golden age in showbiz. It's a medley of attractions relating to blockbuster hits and top TV shows, with countless live performances and familiar characters to keep you entertained.
As with the other parks, Hollywood Studios is divided up to help you navigate your way around so you don't get lost on your cheap holiday to Orlando in 2017/2018. There are eight areas to experience in total:
- Hollywood Boulevard - a lighttouch replica of its namesake in LA, this is the main route through the park, lined with shops and food stalls (similar to Main Street, U.S.A in Magic Kingdom). It hosts daily parades and performances, as well as the Great Movie Ride, which celebrates classics such as Casablanca, Singin' in the Rain, Alien and The Wizard of Oz.
- Echo Lake - this small lagoon is surrounded by buildings representative of the Hollywood gone by, and offers a great place to get a bite to eat. Visit the Hall of Fame Plaza with busts of everyone from Walt Disney to Oprah Winfrey before heading to the Indiana Jones Epic Stunt Spectacular! which showcases how scenes from Raiders of the Lost Ark were filmed.
- Commissary Lane - located near Echo Lake, Commissary Lane is not only home to Star Tours (a 3D simulator set in Star Wars) among others, but also the much loved retro themed Sci-Fi Dine In Theatre Restaurant, with vintage car tables and a screen showing 1950s' sci-fi films.
- Streets of America - this once-upon-a-time film set resembles the streets of New York and San Francisco, where you'll find a 3D screening of The Muppet Show, as well as over sized plants and toys at the Honey, I Shrunk The Kids Adventure.
- Animation Courtyard - The main draw here in The Magic of Disney Animation Attraction, which explores how Disney has developed its animated cartoons and films, with games, exhibits, and a chance to meet Disney and Pixar favourites.
- Mickey Avenue - a subsection of Animation Courtyard, here you can discover more about the man behind the magic, with an intimate look at Walt Disney's life, including photos, and a short film. There are other attractions here as well, including Mickey Mouse Clubhouse and Voyage of the Little Mermaid, with puppets, lasers, music and more.
- Pixar Place - it's all about Pixar Animation creations here, with Toy Story Mania its main attraction. Lose yourself in the immersive 4D experience with characters from the Toy Story films.
- Sunset Boulevard - test your nerves on the Twilight Zone Tower of Terror, before singing along to the Rock'n'Roller Coaster Starring Aerosmith. There are also two outdoor amphitheatres here, for shows such as Beauty and the Beast Live on Stage, and the evening show Fantasmic!, with Mickey and friends plus fireworks, special effects, and much more.
Hollywood Studios also runs a number of events, from the daily parades (watch out for the Pixar Block Party Bash featuring the animator's main characters, and the High School Musical 3 live performance) to popular annual shindigs.
Star Wars fans enjoying cheap holidays to Orlando in 2017/2018, take note: between May and June each year there are Star Wars Weekends, with everything from the Jedi Training Academy for kiddies and the marauding 501st Legion, to special events including a chance to meet the original actors.
See the full calendar of events to find out about other themed weekends throughout the year, such as New Year's Eve and Frozen Summer Fun Live.
Disney's Animal Kingdom
This is for the wildlife fanatics, the ones who can't get enough of big cats, elephants, cheetahs, reptiles, birds and so much more. If you're escaping on a cheap holiday to Orlando in 2017/2018, don't miss the chance to visit this fully accredited park, dedicated to the conservation of the earth's finest and most endangered species.
Opened in 1998, it's the final piece of the puzzle as far as the Walt Disney World Resort goes, and the single largest Disney park in the world. The park's main symbol is the unmissable Tree of Life, a 145-foot tall man-made Boab tree in the central Discover Island area. To help you find your way around, the park is split into the following six themed areas:
- Oasis - the park's main entrance has all the amenities on offer, as well as a select number of habitats for anteaters, and feathered friends such as spoonbills, cockatoos, macaws, and all sorts of species of duck.
- Discovery Island - in this central hub of the park, you'll find the symbolic Tree of Life, plus numerous trails, walks and enclosures housing everything from cranes and storks to kangaroos and otters. There's also the 4D It's Tough To Be A Bug! experience based on Pixar's A Bug's Life.
- Africa - in the setting of an African village take the Kilimanjaro Safari to get close and personal with rhinos, wildebeests, crocodiles, ostriches, warthogs and more. Alternatively, head into the Pangani Forest Exploration Trail to see monkeys, gorillas, hippos, and meerkats among others.
- Rafiki's Planet Watch - one for young children, this area is accessed by train via 'Africa'. It's made up of three sub areas: Habitat Habit!, Conservation Station, and Affection Section with a petting zoo. Look out for everything from pythons to butterflies, foxes, owls and so much more.
- Asia - step into the fictional Kingdom of Anandapur, with two villages to explore: Anandapura and Serka Zong. Take the Maharajah Jungle Trek to see geese, tigers, deer and tonnes of species of bird. There's also a river rapids ride and the Expedition Everest roller coaster at the Forbidden Mountain.
- DinoLand U.S.A - looking at things dinosaur, DinoLand U.S.A showcases species with direct evolutionary links such as crocodiles and tortoises. See casts of the most intact T-rex fossil ever found, plus the skeleton of a Brachiosaurus, before riding the DINOSAUR roller coaster through time.
Disney's Animal Kingdom has no less than 1,700 animals from more than 250 species, so you know you're in for a real treat on your cheap holiday to Orlando when you visit. As well as being able to get up close to creatures, Animal Kingdom is also a real education, teaching young and old all about wildlife, habitats, nature, and how to preserve these for future generations.
For those looking to splash about on a cheap holiday to Orlando in 2017/2018, Walt Disney World Resort has two action packed water parks, although one is currently shut for renovations.
- Disney's Blizzard Beach - this waterpark is based on the idea of a ski resort having melted into a watery paradise with rides for all ages including rapids, slides, thrill rides, big drops, and much more. There's also a special play area for youngsters with kids' slides and toys.
- Disney's Typhoon Lagoon - Typhoon Lagoon is undergoing a facelift and currently closed, with no reopen date yet set. Check back for updates.
Universal Studios holidays
Universal Orlando Resort is an enormous mass of thrilling rides, and attractions with lots of familiar characters ready to meet and greet. From much loved TV characters to film favourites, Universal Orlando Resort has something for everyone on cheap holidays to Orlando in 2017/2018. Sitting in second place size wise after Walt Disney World Resort, Universal Orlando Resort, is divided into four main areas:
- Universal Studios Florida
- Universal's Islands of Adventure
- Universal's CityWalk Orlando
- Wet 'n Wild Waterpark
Universal Studios Florida
Universal Studios is a film lover's dream, as a part working production set, part theme park. It's divided into eight main areas, with more than 25 rides spread across the following sections:
- Production Central
- New York
- San Francisco
- World Expo
- Woody Woodpecker's Kidzone
- The Wizarding World of Harry Potter - Diagon Alley
Just some of the themed rides you can tackle on your visit include TRANSFORMERS: The Ride - 3D, Shrek 4D, Despicable Me Minion Mayhem, and The Simpsons Ride. If you're after an adrenaline pumping experience, try the Revenge of the Mummy and the Hollywood Rip Ride Rocket roller coasters, while families with young children can enjoy The Cat in the Hat and E.T. Adventure, among others.
As well as the many rides, if you're on a cheap holiday to Orlando and visiting Universal Studios, don't miss the Superstar Parade with impressive floats, music, and performers. Look out for SpongeBob SquarePants, and the Despicable Me family among others.
There are countless other events hosted throughout the day and night in the park, but a real treat is Universal's Cinematic Spectacular, which celebrates 100 years of film production with clips from iconic films choreographed with music, colourful fountains, and fireworks.
The Wizarding World of Harry Potter - Diagon Alley
Step from the streets of a London scene into the magical world of Harry Potter at this hugely popular park attraction on your cheap holiday to Orlando. Head to the number one ride, Harry Potter and the Escape from Gringotts, before hitting the shops.
Don't miss Weasleys' Wizard Wheezes for all your tomfoolery needs, Madam Malkin's Robes for All Occasions for dress up, and the Magical Menagerie for furry friends to take home. Then draw breath with some classic pub food at the Leaky Cauldron, before jumping on the Hogwarts' Express to Hogsmeade over in Universal's Islands of Adventure.
Universal's Islands of Adventure
The clue is very much in the name here, as story tales and fantasy come alive at every turn, with cartoons, comics, myths and more found across the following seven islands:
- Port of Entry
- The Lost Continent
- Jurassic Park
- Toon Lagoon
- Dr Seuss's Seuss Landing
- Marvel Super Hero Island
- The Wizarding World of Harry Potter - Hogsmeade
Each island has its own collection of rides and restaurants: drop down the 85-foot waterfall on the Jurassic Park River Adventure, whizz from zero to 40 mph in two seconds on the Incredible Hulk Roller Coaster, and fight baddies on The Amazing Adventures of Spider-Man thrill ride on Marvel Super Hero Island.
There's really something for all adventure lovers on cheap holidays to Orlando, from rides to performances. Don't miss the Eighth Voyage of Sinbad stunt show, as Sinbad and his sidekick try to rescue Princess Amoura, with plenty of chances to boo the baddies. There's also Poseidon's Fury, a special effects show that leads you far beneath the sea.
Refuel at Captain America's Diner or give The Burger Digs a go. There's also the award-winning Mythos Restaurant, perfect for pizza lovers.
The Wizarding World of Harry Potter - Hogsmeade
One of the most popular sections with those on cheap holidays to Orlando, Harry Potter's Hogsmeade is a wealth of rides, restaurants and shops dedicated to the wonderful wizard.
Dodge fire breathers on the high speed Dragon Challenge roller coaster, soar above Hogwarts and meet mythical creatures on the Harry Potter and the Forbidden Journey ride, or take little ones of the more sedate Flight of the Hippogriff.
Try the Three Broomsticks for some magical fare before sampling chocolate frogs and exploding bonbons at Honeyduke's quirky sweet shop, or trying out wands at Ollivanders. When you're done exploring Hogsmeade, hop on the Hogwarts Express to Diagon Alley over in Universal Studios Florida.
Universal CityWalk Orlando
The fun doesn't stop when the sun goes down, as Universal's CityWalk is bursting with night time entertainment, shows and restaurants for all ages.
Make the most of your cheap holiday to Orlando in 2017/2018 with an evening out here: dine at the Hard Rock Cafe then catch the internationally renowned Blue Man Group in action. There's also live music, mini golf, and plenty of films to choose from as well.
Wet 'n Wild Waterpark
No Orlando theme park is complete without its own water park, and here at Universal's Wet 'n Wild Waterpark you won't be disappointed. This action packed destination includes the following six mega rides:
- Blastaway Beach - family-friendly water play area with a 60-foot sandcastle, 15 slides and more than 150 soakers, jets, waterfalls, and cannons
- THE BLACK HOLE The Next Generation - lights and special effects send you into outer space in this two-person capsule
- Brain Wash - choose between two and four person tubes, then drop into the 65-foot long doomed funnel
- Disco H2O - dance to seventies classics in this aqua disco raft adventure, lasers, disco balls and all
- The Storm - spin round and round in this bone shaking cyclone ride
- Bomb Bay - plunge down this 76-foot near-vertical slide
A day out at Wet 'n Wild Waterpark is sure to make your cheap holiday to Orlando in 2017/2018 a memorable one.
International Drive holidays
International Drive (or I-Drive as it's also known) is a lengthy stretch just over 11 miles long that acts as the main strip for tourists visiting Orlando. It sits to the south of downtown Orlando, and is the hub for all those on cheap holidays to Orlando. You'll find the following main attractions within easy reach of International Drive:
- SeaWorld Orlando
- Discovery Cove
- Aquatica SeaWorld's Waterpark
- Universal's Wet 'n Wild Waterpark
- Universal Studios Florida
- Universal's Islands of Adventure
As well as more than a hundred big hotels and resort to choose from, International Drive is home an endless supply of themed restaurants, bars, and shopping outlets. From Japanese at Aki Sushi and seafood at Bahama Breeze, to freshly baked goods at Pao Gostoso Bakery and Italian at Pizza City, there's a foodie joint for every taste.
There's also a varied selection of things to do and see, from Orlando's largest indoor playground at Galaxy Fun Orlando, to Grande Vista Golf Club, and competition at the World Bowling Center. Look forward to fun-filled evenings on cheap holidays to Orlando on International Drive with so many great shows and performances to attend. There are cinemas aplenty, as well as pubs, an ice bar, nightclubs, and sport bars, among many others.
Don't be daunted by the scale of I-Drive on your cheap holiday to Orlando, however, especially as there's the I-RIDE Trolley to help you get about. It operates daily between 8.00am and 10.30pm, and is an exclusive service committed to taking tourists up and down the strip. It's a lot easier than driving and more effective than grabbing a cab.
Other resorts in Orlando
As well as the giants that are Walt Disney World Resort and Universal Orlando, you'll find other expansive and well known attractions in Florida's theme park city. If you're thinking of booking a cheap holiday to Orlando in 2017/2018, and want to know what else is out there, read on for detailed park information on the following:
One of Orlando's most well known parks, SeaWorld Orlando is a marine theme park with a seasoned blend of rides, shows, exhibits, and experiences. While there's a stream of captivating things to do and see, SeaWorld also works to educate and inform as well, with key facts and expert knowledge on hand.
Just some of the rides you can go on at SeaWorld on your cheap holiday to Orlando include the Polar Express Experience, the Manta and Kraken roller coasters, Shamu Express, and Antarctica: Empire of the Penguins. Whether it's the fast and furious roller coasters or the more tame kids' only rides, you won't struggle to find something that suits you.
Away from the rides, there is a wealth of shows to watch on your cheap holiday to Orlando too. Excluding the seasonal performances, which take place around holidays and celebrations such as Halloween, Fourth of July, and Christmas, you can choose from four big productions that run all year round.
Find out more about some of your favourite underwater mammals and creatures with SeaWorld Orlando's extensive collection of exhibits, including Shark Encounter (with one of the world's largest underwater viewing tunnels), Pelican Preserve, TurtleTrek, and Stingray Lagoon, among others.
To complete your cheap holiday to Orlando trip to SeaWorld, why not splash out on a lavish experience you'll treasure forever? You can book any of the following tours, and get VIP treatment, as well as an expert guide:
- Behind the Scenes Tour
- Beluga Interaction Program
- Dolphins Up-Close Tour
- Marine Mammal Keeper Experience
- Penguins Up-Close Tour
- Sealion and Otter Up-Close Tour
- Expedition SeaWorld: A Guided Tour
- Wild Arctic Up-Close Experience
- Private VIP Tour
There's so much more to SeaWorld Orlando than mentioned. It's a real gem for both adults and children, allowing you to get close to marine life big and small, while making the most of thrilling rides and entertaining shows.
Aquatica, SeaWorld's Waterpark
Located across the road from the main SeaWorld Orlando complex on International Drive, Aquatica is brimming with unforgettable slides and rides.
Choose from eight rip roaring rides, including a free fall drop slide, racing slides, twisters and more. There are also five more sedate rides for all the family, especially younger children, including Roa's Rapids, Loggerhead Lane, and the watery play park of Walkabout Waters. Make the most of the sunshine by chilling out at Cutback Cove or Big Surf Shore, depending how strong you like your waves.
You can also book swimming lessons, meet creatures including tortoises and dolphins, and book a private catered cabana for the day during your cheap holiday to Orlando.
It's all about quality time at Discovery Cove, a reservation-only all inclusive theme park dedicated to exploring marine life. Avoiding any confusion, Discovery Cove offers one main ticket, the Dolphin Swim Day Resort Package, which includes almost everything and anything you could possibly need for your visit during your cheap holiday to Orlando:
- A 30-minute dolphin swim
- Snorkel with tropical fish and rays in The Grand Reef
- Meet otters and marmosets in Freshwater Oasis
- Feed exotic birds in the Explorer's Aviary
- Chill out on the beach
- Float down the scenic river
- Unlimited admission to SeaWorld and Aquatica in Orlando for 14 consecutive days around the date of your reservation
Each Dolphin Swim Day Resort Package also includes food and drink (including alcohol) throughout the day, as well as access to lockers, SPF, snorkelling gear and changing facilities. Drivers will also get all day parking included. Just remember to book your Discovery Cove tickets well in advance to avoid disappointment.
This much loved African-themed animal and amusement park dates back to 1959, and a must visit for wildlife fans on a any cheap holiday to Orlando. It has everything from rides and shows, to experiences and no less than 2,700 animals to see.
Animal lovers will adore the many opportunities to come face-to-face with everything from big cats to flamingos. See cheetahs at full speed in Cheetah Run education zone, head to the Edge of Africa area to encounter hippos, hyenas, lemurs, meerkats and lions, before seeing the resident gorillas, chimps and orangutans, along with many other creatures in the park.
There are various bespoke experiences for your to enjoy while on a cheap holiday to Orlando. Consider indulging in a memorable treat such as a guided tour complete with expert knowledge, the Keeper for a Day tour, where you can cross the barriers to meet many of the residents, or try an open air Serengeti Safari, where you'll see giraffes, zebras, and ostriches.
For those seeking big thrills, there are 10 fast-paced rides to choose from, including the new Falcon's Fury, a vertical dive, and SheiKra, a high octane roller coaster. There's also a selection of special attractions especially for kids, some seasonal. Two of the most popular year round activities include:
- Sesame Street Safari of Fun - meet Elmo and friends, enjoy kid friendly rides such as Big Bird's Whirly Birdie and Snuffy's Elephant Romp, and eat tasty treats at Bert & Ernie's Watering Hole
- Treetop Trails - send your little ones on a climbing adventure in the maze of nets, bridges and crawl tubes, or keep your feet on the ground at the water play area
Although technically located outside of Orlando, Busch Gardens is typically included in the city's list of theme parks as many people tend to include a visit there on their cheap holiday to Orlando.
LEGOLAND Florida Resort
From the people who brought you the world's best building bricks comes the world's largest LEGOLAND interactive theme park, with more than 50 rides, shows, attractions, restaurants, and shops. There are 12 main areas to experience on your cheap holiday to Orlando when visiting LEGOLAND:
- The Beginning - entry to the park with the impressive rotating Island in the Sky ride offering 360° views of LEGOLAND
- Fun Town - jump on The Grand Carousel, then watch a film at the Wells Fargo 4D theatre, before s spot of shopping or some food from one of the four outlets, such as Granny's Apple Fries or Fun Town Slushies
- Miniland USA - see the world in miniature here, from New York and Las Vegas to six famous Star Wars scenes, and more
- DUPLO Valley - great for toddlers, this area comprises train, tram and tractor rides, as well as splash park and baby care centre
- LEGO Kingdoms - step back in time to the medieval period with castles, knights and dragons; try the multi level tree climbing adventure The Forestmen's Hideout, and The Dragon ride
- Land of Adventure - head here for a flavour of ancient Egypt, treasure hunts, and dinosaurs; jump on the Beetle Bounce ride before battling it out with firing foam balls in Pharaoh's Revenge
- LEGO City - this small scale town has everything for kids to try from driving and boating schools, to the Flying School's roller coaster
- Imagination Zone - get creative here at the Build & Test centre, then try your hand at the video games and experience the LEGO Hero Factory
- LEGO TECHNIC - three great rides make up this area: AQUAZONE Wave Racers, Project X roller coaster and the spinning Technicycle Pirates' Cove - prepare to be dazzled by the skills and stunts at the Live Water Ski Show
- Cypress Gardens - this calming section of the park is a restored botanical garden with many species of native plants
- World of Chima - in conjunction with the Cartoon Network, here you'll find rides, play areas and a 4D film experience
LEGOLAND Water Park
For those looking to escape the heat and enjoy a splash about on a cheap holiday to Orlando in 2017/2018, combine your trip to LEGOLAND Florida Resort with an afternoon at LEGOLAND Water Park - fun for all ages and abilities. Expect to find the following six rides and entertainment areas:
- Build-a-Raft River - design and build your own raft to tackle the long lazy river
- Splash Out - climb 60-foot to the top of gentle but fast slides
- Twin Chasers - prepare to plunge 375-foot down tubes and covered slides
- LEGO Wave Pool - a great place to laze and enjoy the sunshine
- Joker Soaker - an interactive, multi level wet play area, with slides and a pouring bucket
- DUPLO Splash Safari - one for under fives with shorter rides and DUPLO characters
After all that excitement, grab a bite to eat at the Beach-n-Brick Grill, and pay a visit to the Surf Shop for a memento to take home.
LEGOLAND sits around 45 minutes outside of Orlando itself, but it is easily reached, often by those who've hired a car for their cheap holiday to Orlando.
While the big name theme parks are undoubtedly the most popular draw for people on cheap holidays to Orlando, the city does have other sights and things to do if you fancy a day away from the crowds. Just a few of the things you can expect to find include:
- Dinosaur World
- Ripley's Believe it or Not! Orlando Odditorium
- Giraffe Ranch
- Chocolate Kingdom
As well as the many water parks in Orlando, there's also an extensive list of things to do both in and outdoors, such as:
- Off roading safari
- Indoor skydiving
Key facts about Orlando
To help you make the most of your cheap holiday to Orlando, here are a few of the city's vital stats:
- Flight time from London (UK): 9 hours
- Time zone: Eastern Time Zone (GMT -5)
- Currency: US Dollar $
- Driving: right-hand side
- Major airports: Orlando International Airport (MCO)
As you can see, there's more to see and do on cheap holidays to Orlando in 2017/2018 than you are likely to achieve in one trip. It's a playground for kids and adults alike, and a great way to make the most of your precious holiday time together. If you can't find the right deal, head over to our Florida holidays page for even more ideas and offers.
Get FREE travel offers
Sign up to receive the latest deals and exclusive discounts on holidays, flights, hotels and more, plus inspiration on where to go when
We promise not to share your details