- Combine flights + hotel & save up to 15% on holiday bookings
- Search for holiday deals for destinations worldwide
- Filter offers by price, board basis, star rating & accommodation
Rio de Janeiro weather in August 2020
- 2525°C max day temperature
- 99 days with some rainfall
- 1616°C min night temperature
- 1111 hours of daylight per day
- LLow heat & humidity
- 7676 mm of monthly rainfall
- 77 (High) UV index
- 2222°C sea temperature
The August weather guide for Rio de Janeiro, Brazil shows long term weather averages processed from data supplied by CRU (University of East Anglia), the Met Office & the Netherlands Meteorological Institute. Find out more about our data sources.
How hot is it in Rio de Janeiro in August?
Daytime temperatures usually reach 25°C in Rio de Janeiro in August with low heat and humidity, falling to 16°C at night.
How sunny is it in Rio de Janeiro in August?
There are normally 6 hours of bright sunshine each day in Rio de Janeiro in August - that's 55% of daylight hours.
How warm is the sea around Rio de Janeiro in August?
The average sea temperature around Rio de Janeiro in August is 22°C.
Does it ever rain in Rio de Janeiro in August?
There are usually 9 days with some rain in Rio de Janeiro in August and the average monthly rainfall is 76mm.
Rio de Janeiro sunrise & sunset times for August 2020
Browse the sunrise & sunset times for Rio de Janeiro in August 2020. Select a month to view Rio de Janeiro sunrise & sunset times for the next twelve months.
|Date||Sunrise times||Sunset times|
|Saturday, 1st August 2020||06:27||17:32|
|Sunday, 16th August 2020||06:17||17:38|
|Monday, 31st August 2020||06:04||17:43|
- Browse the best deals on hotel stays & compare prices
- Check lowest rates by month & also by day of the week
- Search by date or browse hotels by destination & map
Metric (°C / mm) | Imperial (°F / inches)
Discover more about Brazil
Where's hot in Brazil in August?
Below are average maximum temperatures at popular destinations in Brazil in August. Select a destination to see more weather parameters.
Get your weekly fix of holiday inspiration from some of the world's best travel writers plus save on your next trip with the latest exclusive offers
We promise not to share your details
Popular travel offers
*affiliate links: find out how we are funded and why this helps us remain free to use.