- Check out top deals on recommended 2021/2022 tours
- Filter deals by trip type, dates, region & more
- Book tours to Europe, Asia, Africa & the Americas
Amundsen-Scott (South Pole) weather in October 2021
Get the latest coronavirus (Covid-19) updates for Antarctica with current travel advice and statistics on new cases per 100,000 and vaccine.
- -49-49°C max day temperature
- 00 days with some rainfall
- -54-54°C min night temperature
- 2424 hours of daylight per day
- 0No heat & humidity
- 00 mm of monthly rainfall
- 0No UV (Maximum) Index UV index
Recommended for Antarctica
The October weather guide for Amundsen-Scott (South Pole), Antarctica shows long term weather averages processed from data supplied by CRU (University of East Anglia), the Met Office & the Netherlands Meteorological Institute. Find out more about our data sources.
How cold is it in Amundsen-Scott (South Pole) in October?
Daytime temperatures usually reach -49°C in Amundsen-Scott (South Pole) in October, falling to -54°C at night.
How sunny is it in Amundsen-Scott (South Pole) in October?
There are normally 14 hours of bright sunshine each day in Amundsen-Scott (South Pole) in October - that's 57% of daylight hours.
Does it ever rain in Amundsen-Scott (South Pole) in October?
There are usually no days with some rain in Amundsen-Scott (South Pole) in October and the average monthly rainfall is 0mm. Rain may fall as snow in this month.
Metric (°C / mm) | Imperial (°F / inches)
Amundsen-Scott (South Pole) sunrise & sunset times for October 2021
Browse the sunrise and sunset times for Amundsen-Scott (South Pole) in October 2021. Select a month to view Amundsen-Scott (South Pole) sunrise & sunset times for the next 12 months.
|Date||Sunrise times||Sunset times|
|Friday, 1st October 2021||Daylight all day|
|Saturday, 16th October 2021||Daylight all day|
|Sunday, 31st October 2021||Daylight all day|
- Check out latest sale offers on tours in 2022
- Discount varies by sale offer & destination
- Filter offers by theme, style, dates, duration & more
Get your weekly fix of holiday inspiration from some of the world's best travel writers plus save on your next trip with the latest exclusive offers
We promise not to share your details
Popular travel offers
*affiliate links: find out how we are funded and why this helps us remain free to use.