- Save EXTRA 10% on cheap car hire worldwide
- With this exclusive Holiday Autos discount code
- Travel before 31st December 2020 (inclusive)
Zanzibar weather in May 2020
Get the latest coronavirus (COVID-19) updates for Tanzania with current travel advice, statistics and online resources.
- 2929°C max day temperature
- 1616 days with some rainfall
- 2222°C min night temperature
- 1212 hours of daylight per day
- HHigh heat & humidity
- 254254 mm of monthly rainfall
- 1010 (Very High) UV index
- 2828°C sea temperature
The May weather guide for Zanzibar, Tanzania shows long term weather averages processed from data supplied by CRU (University of East Anglia), the Met Office & the Netherlands Meteorological Institute. Find out more about our data sources.
How hot is it in Zanzibar in May?
Daytime temperatures usually reach 29°C in Zanzibar in May with high heat and humidity, falling to 22°C at night.
How sunny is it in Zanzibar in May?
There are normally 6 hours of bright sunshine each day in Zanzibar in May - that's 53% of daylight hours.
How warm is the sea around Zanzibar in May?
The average sea temperature around Zanzibar in May is 28°C.
Does it rain in Zanzibar in May?
There are usually 16 days with some rain in Zanzibar in May and the average monthly rainfall is 254mm.
Zanzibar sunrise & sunset times for May 2020
Browse the sunrise & sunset times for Zanzibar in May 2020. Select a month to view Zanzibar sunrise & sunset times for the next twelve months.
|Date||Sunrise times||Sunset times|
|Friday, 1st May 2020||06:24||18:17|
|Saturday, 16th May 2020||06:25||18:14|
|Sunday, 31st May 2020||06:27||18:15|
- Save on luxury holidays & honeymoons with special offers
- From Bora Bora to Barbados & Maldives to Mexico
- Filter offers by star rating, destination, board basis & more
Metric (°C / mm) | Imperial (°F / inches)
Where is hot in Tanzania in May for 2020/2021?
Below are average maximum temperatures at popular destinations in Tanzania in May. Select a destination to see more weather parameters.
- Dar es Salaam
- Ruaha National Park
- Lake Manyara
- Serengeti National Park
- Tarangire National Park
Get your weekly fix of holiday inspiration from some of the world's best travel writers plus save on your next trip with the latest exclusive offers
We promise not to share your details
Popular travel offers
*affiliate links: find out how we are funded and why this helps us remain free to use.