- Save on summer & winter sun holidays in 2023/2024
- Book holidays to popular destinations around the world
- Pay £0 deposits & spread cost with direct debit
First Choice deal finder
Recommended for Malta
The weather guide for Malta (Gozo) shows long term weather averages processed from data supplied by CRU (University of East Anglia) & today's weather forecast provided by meteoblue. Find out more about our data sources.
Jan Feb Mar Apr May Jun Jul Aug Sep Oct Nov Dec
When is the best time to go to Gozo?
The best time to go to Gozo is June based on the following average weather conditions.
Maximum daytime temperature = 72 - 86°F [remove]
Daily hours of sunshine = 10 hours or more [remove]
Change the criteria to reflect your weather preferences.
Max Day Temperature (°F)
Best time to go for the weather
Metric (°C) | Imperial (°F)
Gozo is a small but mighty place, with plenty to delight those on holiday in Malta.
Although it's the second-largest of Malta's islands, it's really quite compact at just 26 square miles, and is relatively untouched as well, highly regarded for its pretty and dramatic landscapes, from the hills to the coast.
As with Malta island, Gozo has a rather rocky coastline, but there are a select few soft spots around.
From tranquil bays to bustling beaches, there's something for everyone keen to be by the sea in Gozo. Five of the best beaches you can visit in Gozo are:
- Marsalforn Bay - a popular sandy beach best for: swimming, sunbathing
- Hondoq Bay - a hidden sandy beach best for: snorkelling, swimming, sunbathing
- San Blas Bay - a peaceful sandy beach best for: snorkelling, swimming, families
- Ramla Bay - a busy red sand beach best for: swimming, families, groups
- Ghasri Valley - a picturesque creek with a small pebbly beach best for: views, diving
Away from the beach, there's a whole host of other exciting and interesting things to see and do in Gozo including:
- exploring the cliffs and caves in Xlendi Bay
- visiting the famous St John the Baptist church in Xewkija
- gazing upon UNESCO's Ggantija Temples, the oldest free standing structures in the world
- seeing the salt pans near Marsalforn
Getting to Gozo is no hassle at all: after arriving at Malta International Airport, head to Cirkewwa on the northwest coast of Malta.
From here you can catch the Gozo Channel Ferry, which runs frequently throughout the day. The crossing takes 25 minutes each way - just enough time to take in the sea views.
More about Malta
Which is the hottest month in Gozo?
The hottest time of year in Gozo is normally August. Expect maximum daytime temperatures to reach 86°F with high heat and humidity.
Which month has the most rain in Gozo?
In terms of rainfall, December is usually the wettest month in Gozo with 3.4 inches on average. There are normally 13 days in December with some rain.
When is it sunniest in Gozo?
The sunniest time of year in Gozo is normally July with bright sunshine on average for 80% of daylight hours; that's 11 hours of sunshine per day.
When is the sea warmest in Gozo?
The sea is usually at its warmest in Gozo in August when the water temperature reaches 79°F.
Compare Gozo weather with the USA
Below the Gozo weather chart shows average maximum daytime temperature for Gozo, Malta and the USA (Washington).
Maximum daytime temperature (°F)
Metric (°C) | Imperial (°F)
Get your weekly fix of holiday inspiration from some of the world's best travel writers plus save on your next trip with the latest exclusive offers
We promise not to share your details
Popular travel offers
Explore holidays in the sun for less
- Beach holidays
- Family holidays
- City breaks
- Summer holidays
- Winter sun holidays
- Holiday offers
- Top travel brands
- Airlines & flights
- Discount hotels
- Airport parking deals
- British Airways
- easyJet holidays
- Love Holidays