- Save at least 15% on hotels in the Booking.com getaway sale
- Book hotels in Rome, Bangkok, Marrakech & more
- Travel before 31st August 2019 (inclusive)
Papeete, Tahiti weather in August 2019
- 2323°C max day temperature
- 44 days with some rainfall
- 1717°C min night temperature
- 1212 hours of daylight per day
- MModerate heat & humidity
- 5353 mm of monthly rainfall
- 99 (Very High) UV index
- 2626°C sea temperature
The August weather guide for Papeete, Tahiti, French Polynesia shows long term weather averages processed from data supplied by CRU (University of East Anglia), the Met Office & the Netherlands Meteorological Institute. Find out more about our data sources.
Metric (°C / mm) | Imperial (°F / inches)
Guide to Papeete, Tahiti weather in August
The average maximum daytime temperature in Papeete, Tahiti in August is a warm 23°C (73°F) with moderate heat & humidity. The average night-time temperature is usually a comfortable 17°C (63°F). There are usually 8 hours of bright sunshine each day, which represents 70% of the 12 hours of daylight.
Expect 53mm (2.1 inches) of rainfall across the whole of August with 4 days with some rain falling. Maximum UV levels will be very high (9 UV index) at midday when the skies are clear.
The average sea temperature in and around Papeete, Tahiti in August is 26°C (79°F).
Papeete, Tahiti sunrise & sunset times for August 2019
Browse the sunrise & sunset times for Papeete, Tahiti in August 2019. Select a month to view Papeete, Tahiti sunrise & sunset times for the next twelve months.
|Date||Sunrise times||Sunset times|
|Thursday, 1st August 2019||06:24||17:45|
|Friday, 16th August 2019||06:17||17:49|
|Saturday, 31st August 2019||06:06||17:51|
- Save up to 20% on hotels in Asia, Oceania & Indian Ocean
- Book hotel stays in the Hilton summer sale
- Travel before 29th February 2020 (inclusive)
Where's hot in French Polynesia in August?
Below are average maximum temperatures at popular destinations in French Polynesia in August. Select a destination to see more weather parameters.
Get FREE travel offers
Sign up to receive the latest deals and exclusive discounts on holidays, flights, hotels and more, plus inspiration on where to go when
We promise not to share your details