- Combine flights + hotel & save up to 15% on holiday bookings
- Search for holiday deals for destinations worldwide
- Filter offers by price, board basis, star rating & accommodation
Benin covid statistics & travel advice
The latest Covid-19 statistics on new cases and vaccine rollout in Benin plus up-to-date travel advice and resources from government organisations and international agencies.
7-day · 14-day
Benin · UK
- Covid new case statistics
- Current travel status & restrictions
- Coronavirus updates & resources
- More about Benin
- Back to coronavirus advice
For a full summary of Covid-19 statistics and regulations by country, and to compare destinations around the world, visit our interactive Covid-19 travel planner.
Travel advice by country
Benin Covid-19 statistics - new cases
The figures below show the average numbers of new cases per 100,000 of population for Benin recorded in the latest 7-day and 14-day period and the percentage difference from the week before, plus charts showing the numbers of new cases recorded over the past 10 weeks.
|Week ending||7-day average||7-day weekly change||14-day average||14-day weekly change|
New cases 7-day average
The 7-day average number of new Covid-19 cases per 100,000 of population for Benin recorded over the past 10 weeks.
New cases 14-day average
The 14-day average number of new Covid-19 cases per 100,000 of population for Benin recorded over the past 10 weeks.
The number of newly recorded cases per 100,000 of population for is courtesy of the US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and is updated weekly.
Benin coronavirus live updates
- Travel advice for Benin - UK Foreign, Commonwealth & Development Office (FCDO)
- Travellers' health for Benin - Ministry of Health, Benin
- Coronavirus timeline in Benin - Wikipedia - coronavirus update
FCO travel advice
Benin travel status
Below is the latest information on the travel and tourism status of Benin including entry rules, pre-departure & in-destination Covid-19 testing and quarantine requirements plus current status on the UK travel list for returning to the UK.
Are there entry restrictions to Benin due to the coronavirus?
Benin is open for tourism from the UK.
Negative PCR or NAAT test results required for arrivals from the UK. All arrivals face a period of quarantine on entering Benin. All arrivals subject to PCR tests on Day 1 & Day 14.
- OOpen for tourism
- VVaccine passport accepted
- TTest required
- QVQuarantine excl. vaccinated
- TQVTest + quarantine excl. vaccinated
- T+QTest + quarantine required
- QQuarantine required
- C/BClosed for tourism/Travel ban
Do I need to quarantine in the UK if I travel from Benin?
Benin is on the Amber list in the UK (Currently England only).
From 17 May 2021 - if you have been in or through Benin in the previous 10 days, you must quarantine at home for 10 days when arriving in the UK.
A pre-departure test in Benin is required as well as PCR tests on days 2 & 8 in the UK while in quarantine. The Test to Release scheme can be used in England on day 5 to shorten the quarantine period.
UK status - traffic light system
- GGreen list country
- CTACommon Travel Area
- G+Green watchlist country
- AAmber list country
- RRed list country
- BInternational travel ban
Recommended for Benin
Get your weekly fix of holiday inspiration from some of the world's best travel writers plus save on your next trip with the latest exclusive offers
We promise not to share your details
*affiliate links: find out how we are funded and why this helps us remain free to use.