- Save at least 20% on participating IHG hotels
- Book summer hotel stays at least 3 days in advance
- Travel before 15th September 2019 (inclusive)
Ghana weather in May 2020
- 3131°C max day temperature
- 1616 days with some rainfall
- 2424°C min night temperature
- 1212 hours of daylight per day
- VHVery High heat & humidity
- 140140 mm of monthly rainfall
- 1111+ (Extreme) UV index
- 2828°C sea temperature
The May weather guide for Ghana, represented by Accra, shows long term weather averages processed from data supplied by CRU (University of East Anglia), the Met Office & the Netherlands Meteorological Institute. Find out more about our data sources.
Metric (°C / mm) | Imperial (°F / inches)
Guide to Ghana weather in May
The average maximum daytime temperature in Ghana in May is a hot 31°C (88°F) with very high heat & humidity. The average night-time temperature is usually a warm 24°C (75°F). There are usually 7 hours of bright sunshine each day, which represents 54% of the 12 hours of daylight.
Expect 140mm (5.5 inches) of rainfall across the whole of May with 16 days with some rain falling. Maximum UV levels will be extreme (11+ UV index) at midday when the skies are clear.
The average sea temperature in and around Ghana in May is 28°C (82°F).
The weather in Ghana in May is represented by Accra.
Ghana sunrise & sunset times for May 2020
Browse the sunrise & sunset times for Ghana in May 2020. Select a month to view Ghana sunrise & sunset times for the next twelve months. The Ghana sunrise & sunset times shown below are for Accra.
|Date||Sunrise times||Sunset times|
|Friday, 1st May 2020||05:48||18:07|
|Saturday, 16th May 2020||05:46||18:09|
|Sunday, 31st May 2020||05:46||18:11|
- Compare car hire prices to find lowest rate
- Free cancellation up to 48 hours before pick up
- Book car hire for over 20,000 destinations worldwide
More Ghana destinations
Get FREE travel offers
Sign up to receive the latest deals and exclusive discounts on holidays, flights, hotels and more, plus inspiration on where to go when
We promise not to share your details