- Save on return flights to worldwide destinations with KLM
- Book flights to Abu Dhabi, Jo'burg, Tokyo & more
- Plus more flights to the Americas, Middle East & Europe
Niigata weather in May 2022
Get the latest coronavirus (Covid-19) updates for Japan with current travel advice and statistics on new cases per 100,000 and vaccine.
- 2121°C max day temperature
- 1717 days with some rainfall
- 1212°C min night temperature
- 1414 hours of daylight per day
- 0No heat & humidity
- 9797 mm of monthly rainfall
- 88 (Very High) UV index
- 1414°C sea temperature
Recommended for Japan
The May weather guide for Niigata, Japan shows long term weather averages processed from data supplied by CRU (University of East Anglia), the Met Office & the Netherlands Meteorological Institute. Find out more about our data sources.
How hot is it in Niigata in May?
Daytime temperatures usually reach 21°C in Niigata in May, falling to 12°C at night.
How sunny is it in Niigata in May?
There are normally 7 hours of bright sunshine each day in Niigata in May - that's 47% of daylight hours.
How warm is the sea around Niigata in May?
The average sea temperature around Niigata in May is 14°C.
Does it rain in Niigata in May?
There are usually 17 days with some rain in Niigata in May and the average monthly rainfall is 97mm.
Metric (°C / mm) | Imperial (°F / inches)
Niigata sunrise & sunset times for May 2022
Browse the sunrise and sunset times for Niigata in May 2022. Select a month to view Niigata sunrise & sunset times for the next 12 months.
|Date||Sunrise times||Sunset times|
|Sunday, 1st May 2022||04:48||18:34|
|Monday, 16th May 2022||04:33||18:48|
|Tuesday, 31st May 2022||04:24||18:59|
- Explore top offers on direct flights from the UK
- Filter destinations by price, trip type, flight time & more
- Choose a destination to see cheapest fares & airlines
Get your weekly fix of holiday inspiration from some of the world's best travel writers plus save on your next trip with the latest exclusive offers
We promise not to share your details
Popular travel offers
*affiliate links: find out how we are funded and why this helps us remain free to use.