- Compare car hire prices to find lowest rate
- Free cancellation up to 48 hours before pick up
- Book car hire for over 20,000 destinations worldwide
Sofia weather in January 2020
- 22°C max day temperature
- 77 days with some rainfall
- -5-5°C min night temperature
- 99 hours of daylight per day
- 0No heat & humidity
- 3434 mm of monthly rainfall
- 11 (Low) UV index
The January weather guide for Sofia, Bulgaria shows long term weather averages processed from data supplied by CRU (University of East Anglia), the Met Office & the Netherlands Meteorological Institute. Find out more about our data sources.
Metric (°C / mm) | Imperial (°F / inches)
Guide to Sofia weather in January
The average maximum daytime temperature in Sofia in January is a cold 2°C (36°F). The average night-time temperature is usually a very cold -5°C (23°F). There are usually 2 hours of bright sunshine each day, which represents 25% of the 9 hours of daylight.
Expect 34mm (1.3 inches) of rainfall across the whole of January with 7 days with some rain falling. Maximum UV levels will be low (1 UV index) at midday when the skies are clear.
Sofia sunrise & sunset times for January 2020
Browse the sunrise & sunset times for Sofia in January 2020. Select a month to view Sofia sunrise & sunset times for the next twelve months.
|Date||Sunrise times||Sunset times|
|Wednesday, 1st January 2020||07:57||17:03|
|Thursday, 16th January 2020||07:54||17:19|
|Friday, 31st January 2020||07:43||17:38|
- Compare ticket prices for flights, trains & coaches
- Choose your preferred mode of transport & book online
- Including routes from over 150 airlines & transport providers
Discover more about Bulgaria
Popular Bulgaria destinations
Below are average maximum temperatures at popular destinations in Bulgaria in January. Select a destination to see more weather parameters.
Get FREE travel offers
Sign up to receive the latest deals and exclusive discounts on holidays, flights, hotels and more, plus inspiration on where to go when
We promise not to share your details