- Save at least 20% on participating IHG hotels
- Book summer hotel stays at least 3 days in advance
- Travel before 15th September 2019 (inclusive)
Ghana weather in August 2019
- 2828°C max day temperature
- 1212 days with some rainfall
- 2222°C min night temperature
- 1212 hours of daylight per day
- MModerate heat & humidity
- 3636 mm of monthly rainfall
- 1111+ (Extreme) UV index
- 2323°C sea temperature
The August weather guide for Ghana, represented by Accra, shows long term weather averages processed from data supplied by CRU (University of East Anglia), the Met Office & the Netherlands Meteorological Institute. Find out more about our data sources.
Metric (°C / mm) | Imperial (°F / inches)
Guide to Ghana weather in August
The average maximum daytime temperature in Ghana in August is a warm 28°C (82°F) with moderate heat & humidity. The average night-time temperature is usually a warm 22°C (72°F). There are usually 5 hours of bright sunshine each day, which represents 37% of the 12 hours of daylight.
Expect 36mm (1.4 inches) of rainfall across the whole of August with 12 days with some rain falling. Maximum UV levels will be extreme (11+ UV index) at midday when the skies are clear.
The average sea temperature in and around Ghana in August is 23°C (73°F).
The weather in Ghana in August is represented by Accra.
Ghana sunrise & sunset times for August 2019
Browse the sunrise & sunset times for Ghana in August 2019. Select a month to view Ghana sunrise & sunset times for the next twelve months. The Ghana sunrise & sunset times shown below are for Accra.
|Date||Sunrise times||Sunset times|
|Thursday, 1st August 2019||05:56||18:18|
|Friday, 16th August 2019||05:56||18:14|
|Saturday, 31st August 2019||05:54||18:08|
- Browse current deals & offers on tours to Ghana
- Filter deals by date, duration, tour type & difficulty
- Prices shown with & without flights where available
More Ghana destinations
Get FREE travel offers
Sign up to receive the latest deals and exclusive discounts on holidays, flights, hotels and more, plus inspiration on where to go when
We promise not to share your details