- Save on holidays in 2020/2021 with latest deals & discounts
- Offers include free upgrades & extras + low deposits
- Browse the best deals or search by destination & date
Rochester weather in January 2021
Get the latest coronavirus (COVID-19) updates for the USA with current travel advice, statistics and online resources.
- -1-1°C max day temperature
- 1616 days with some rainfall
- -9-9°C min night temperature
- 99 hours of daylight per day
- 0No heat & humidity
- 5151 mm of monthly rainfall
- 11 (Low) UV index
- 33°C sea temperature
The January weather guide for Rochester, New York shows long term weather averages processed from data supplied by CRU (University of East Anglia), the Met Office & the Netherlands Meteorological Institute. Find out more about our data sources.
Recommended for New York
How cold is it in Rochester in January?
Daytime temperatures usually reach -1°C in Rochester in January, falling to -9°C at night.
How sunny is it in Rochester in January?
There are normally 3 hours of bright sunshine each day in Rochester in January - that's 36% of daylight hours.
Is the sea cold around Rochester in January?
The average sea temperature around Rochester in January is 3°C.
Does it rain in Rochester in January?
There are usually 16 days with some rain in Rochester in January and the average monthly rainfall is 51mm. Rain may fall as snow in this month.
Rochester sunrise & sunset times for January 2021
Browse the sunrise & sunset times for Rochester in January 2021. Select a month to view Rochester sunrise & sunset times for the next twelve months.
|Date||Sunrise times||Sunset times|
|Friday, 1st January 2021||07:42||16:46|
|Saturday, 16th January 2021||07:39||17:02|
|Sunday, 31st January 2021||07:27||17:22|
- Check out top flight deals & low fares from popular airlines
- Search for return & one-way flights or multi-city trips
- Airlines include BA, Virgin Atlantic, United & Turkish Airlines
Metric (°C / mm) | Imperial (°F / inches)
Discover more about New York
Where is warm in New York in January for 2021/2022?
Below are average maximum temperatures at popular destinations in New York in January. Select a destination to see more weather parameters.
Get your weekly fix of holiday inspiration from some of the world's best travel writers plus save on your next trip with the latest exclusive offers
We promise not to share your details
Popular travel offers
*affiliate links: find out how we are funded and why this helps us remain free to use.