- Search for holiday accommodation in New York, USA
- Enter travel dates & number of guests or browse by map
- Filter homes by price, type, faciliities & more
New York City weather in May 2020
- 2121°C max day temperature
- 1111 days with some rainfall
- 1212°C min night temperature
- 1414 hours of daylight per day
- 0No heat & humidity
- 103103 mm of monthly rainfall
- 77 (High) UV index
- 1212°C sea temperature
The May weather guide for New York City, New York shows long term weather averages processed from data supplied by CRU (University of East Anglia), the Met Office & the Netherlands Meteorological Institute. Find out more about our data sources.
Metric (°C / mm) | Imperial (°F / inches)
Guide to New York City weather in May
The average maximum daytime temperature in New York City in May is a comfortable 21°C (70°F). The average night-time temperature is usually a cool 12°C (54°F). There are usually 8 hours of bright sunshine each day, which represents 57% of the 14 hours of daylight.
Expect 103mm (4.1 inches) of rainfall across the whole of May with 11 days with some rain falling. Maximum UV levels will be high (7 UV index) at midday when the skies are clear.
The average sea temperature in and around New York City in May is 12°C (54°F).
New York City sunrise & sunset times for May 2020
Browse the sunrise & sunset times for New York City in May 2020. Select a month to view New York City sunrise & sunset times for the next twelve months.
|Date||Sunrise times||Sunset times|
|Friday, 1st May 2020||05:54||19:53|
|Saturday, 16th May 2020||05:38||20:08|
|Sunday, 31st May 2020||05:27||20:21|
- Check latest offers on IHG hotels in New York City, USA
- Book direcly with IHG online & get the lowest rate
- Join the IHG Rewards Club for discounts, benefits & more
Discover more about New York City
More New York destinations
- East Hampton
- Lake George
- Lake Placid
- New York City
- Niagara Falls
- Sarasota Springs
Get FREE travel offers
Sign up to receive the latest deals and exclusive discounts on holidays, flights, hotels and more, plus inspiration on where to go when
We promise not to share your details