- Save up to 35% when you book 5 nights or more
- Book hotel stays in top destinations in Europe & worldwide
- Including Barcelona, Amsterdam, New York & Bangkok
New York City weather in May 2020
Get the latest coronavirus (COVID-19) updates for the USA with current travel advice, statistics and online resources.
- 2121°C max day temperature
- 1111 days with some rainfall
- 1212°C min night temperature
- 1414 hours of daylight per day
- 0No heat & humidity
- 103103 mm of monthly rainfall
- 77 (High) UV index
- 1212°C sea temperature
The May weather guide for New York City, New York shows long term weather averages processed from data supplied by CRU (University of East Anglia), the Met Office & the Netherlands Meteorological Institute. Find out more about our data sources.
How hot is it in New York City in May?
Daytime temperatures usually reach 21°C in New York City in May, falling to 12°C at night.
How sunny is it in New York City in May?
There are normally 8 hours of bright sunshine each day in New York City in May - that's 57% of daylight hours.
How warm is the sea around New York City in May?
The average sea temperature around New York City in May is 12°C.
Does it rain in New York City in May?
There are usually 11 days with some rain in New York City in May and the average monthly rainfall is 103mm.
New York City sunrise & sunset times for May 2020
Browse the sunrise & sunset times for New York City in May 2020. Select a month to view New York City sunrise & sunset times for the next twelve months.
|Date||Sunrise times||Sunset times|
|Friday, 1st May 2020||05:54||19:53|
|Saturday, 16th May 2020||05:38||20:08|
|Sunday, 31st May 2020||05:27||20:21|
- Save up to 30% with the latest hotels deals for New York
- Compare hotels & read the latest reviews before you book
- Check out the best prices from leading hotel providers
Metric (°C / mm) | Imperial (°F / inches)
Discover more about New York City
Where's hot in New York in May?
Below are average maximum temperatures at popular destinations in New York in May. Select a destination to see more weather parameters.
Get your weekly fix of holiday inspiration from some of the world's best travel writers plus save on your next trip with the latest exclusive offers
We promise not to share your details
Popular travel offers
*affiliate links: find out how we are funded and why this helps us remain free to use.