- Save £200 on holidays per couple (£400 per family of 4)
- £100 off per person on ALL holidays before 30th April 2018
- Jet2holidays promo code automatically applied
Winter sun holiday deals & top destinations for 2017/2018
Winter sun holiday deals for 2017/2018 give you the chance to enjoy some much needed relief from the unpredictable British weather. Why not brighten up your diary with a cheap winter sun holiday to one of the many parts of the world which are particularly appealing at this time of year. Read on to find out more about leading winter sun holiday companies, and where in the world you can expect to find great weather during the winter months.
- Latest winter sun deals 2017/2018
- Winter sun holiday companies
- Short haul vs long haul
- Popular winter sun destinations
Winter sun holiday deals & discount codes for 2017/2018
Whether you're after a complete holiday or a more flexible flight and hotel package, you don't want to miss our pick of winter sun holiday deals, including discount codes and last minute offers. There's a wide variety of deals available to help save you money and enjoy your winter break even more.
- Book a 1-week all-inclusive holiday and get 2nd week for free
- Week 2 is room-only - upgrades to all-inclusive available
- Destinations include Cyprus, Madeira, Mauritius & more.
- Check out the top winter sun holiday deals from On the Beach
- Whether you head to the Canaries, Malta or further afield
- Book winter sun holiday deals for 2017/2018
- Save on holidays & flights with the latest BA sale offers
- Book BA holidays to Europe from £179 per person
- Plus last minute holidays from £129 per person
- Holidays to the Caribbean from £599 & Middle East from £379
- Book holidays & flights early for winter & summer 2018
- Pay low deposits from £59 per person
- Save on beach holidays, city breaks & winter sun escapes
Winter sun holiday companies
Many companies promise winter sun holidays at great prices. If however, you want to ensure you book with an award winning and well respected company that is known for its service and affordability, you might want to consider some of the following names, which each offers a choice online winter sun deals as well as exciting destinations with warm sunny weather in the winter months.
British Airways has a tempting collection of winter sun holidays to choose from, both near and far from home. BA winter sun deals come in the form of flight plus accommodation packages with various star ratings and board levels available.
From five star breaks in Mauritius and Barbados to cultural sightings in Oman, family friendly escapes in Orlando and self catering holidays in the Canaries, British Airways really does cater to every budget.
Mercury holidays prides itself on offering memorable experiences in countries around the world. When it comes to finding winter sun, Mercury Holidays has a range of options from beach based luxury resorts in the Caribbean and Indian Ocean, to escorted tours that really squeeze the most out of your precious time away with trips to South America, Southeast Asia, Africa, New Zealand and more.
Mercury Holidays benefits from its diverse selection of winter sun holidays, and there are often great deals to be had such a getting your second or third week free.
If you're planning a winter sun escape to the Caribbean, then you can't beat a stay at a Sandals resort. With resorts in Jamaica, St Lucia, Bahamas, Antigua, Grenada and Barbados, you have plenty of choice when it comes to deciding where to go. Once you find your ideal residence, simply sit back and enjoy the all inclusive facilities, amenities and seemingly endless flow of cocktails that are guaranteed on any Sandals escape.
Families after some fun in the Caribbean sun should check out Beaches, the all singing, all dancing child friendly set of resorts in Jamaica and Turks & Caicos. If you're like to find out when to visit any of the Sandals or Beaches resort, don't miss our bespoke resort weather guide, which clearly shows you when to go for the best winter sun weather.
From river and ocean cruises to escorted tours and luxury breaks, Saga has loads to offer those after a winter sun holiday with a difference. Fancy a tour of the Canary Islands? Perhaps you want to discover more about Mayan Mexico? Alternatively, you could give yoga in Thailand a go?
This award winning travel company has been showing people aged 50+ all corners of the globe for many years, and if you are planning your winter sun break, do check out the latest Saga deals online as you may well find some exclusive offers that aren't available if you book elsewhere.
Other winter sun holiday companies
Of course, these are the tip of the winter sun iceberg with many other providers offering great money saving deals on seasonal breaks between November and April. Some of the other big names that have many sales and online deals for winter sun holidays that you might want to investigate include:
- Atlantis The Palm Dubai
- easyJet holidays
- First Choice
- Love Holidays
- On the Beach
- The Holiday Place
- Thomas Cook
Winter sun: short haul vs long haul
Working out where to go for your winter sun break is likely to come down to two deciding factors: how far you're willing to travel and what it is you want from your break. If you're looking for a beach holiday close to home, the closest you can realistically consider would be the likes of Egypt, Dubai, and - at a push - the Canaries (as long as you book a hotel with a heated pool!).
For beach holidays further afield, your options open up considerably with anywhere from the Caribbean and Indian Ocean to the sandy swathes of Thailand, Indonesia and Australia on the table.
If however, you're looking for some warming winter sun to get out and about exploring the local area then there are a few more options under five hours such as Cyprus, Majorca, and again, the Canaries. It really does depend on you: what you want to do and how far you want to travel.
Popular winter sun destinations
The winter months see temperatures plummet across Europe leaving the Canary Islands as the only viable option for those hoping for some warm sunshine close to home.
If you're prepared to travel further however, your options greatly increase with hotspots across the Caribbean, Southeast Asia and Indian Ocean enjoying beautifully warm and relatively settled conditions during this time.
- Europe - there's a reason the Canary Islands are consistently celebrated as a year-round destination, and that's thanks largely to the amount of reliable sunshine it receives every month. Don a wetsuit and enjoy water sports in Fuerteventura, take a hike in Tenerife's national park, or head to Gran Canaria where boutiques, restaurants and numerous spas will ensure you find space to unwind and relax. You may catch the odd shower and the sea is definitely reserved for the hardy, but hotels with heated pools and the availability of other activities make it a winner with families, friends and couples in both summer and winter.
- Africa & the Middle East - Egypt's Red Sea has long attracted winter sun hunters thanks to resorts such as Sharm el Sheikh offering plenty of opportunities to bask in the warm north African sun. If you're happy to travel that bit further, Dubai remains hot without the burn of the summer and is very pleasant at this time of year, while South Africa is a great place for those looking to explore more than just the beach with a bountiful supply of things to do, such as visiting vineyards and historic sites, walking and experiencing the local culture. The islands of Cape Verde are also a good option, although the sea can be a little rough at this time of year so a hotel with pool is advisable. Morocco, Jordan, Gambia and Kenya's stunning coast are also excellent destinations offering the chance to explore gems such as Wadi Rum, Petra, Marrakesh and more.
- The Americas - a hop across the pond will take you to resorts on the Atlantic, Pacific and Caribbean coasts in the likes of the USA, Belize, Guatemala, Venezuela, Honduras and Brazil. Covering such a vast area, each has its own diverse identity and character, giving you plenty of choice. Experience eco-Costa Rica at one of the country's many sustainable resorts, dance the night away in Miami or watch the moonlight flood the beaches of Bahia, Brazil. From city-side beaches to jungle resorts and remote islands, there really is something for everyone after a winter sun holiday in the Americas.
- Caribbean - after waving goodbye to the hurricane season at the end of November, the Caribbean enjoys months of relatively settled, hot and sunny conditions, which explain its popularity at this time. Throw in the idyllic settings of Mexico's Cancun, Barbados, Jamaica, Antigua and more, thanks to glorious warm waters and beautiful beaches, and it's easy to see why the Caribbean continues to attract couples and families.
- Indian Ocean - from the pearly white sands and turquoise waters of the Seychelles to the spectacular resorts in Mauritius, there's so much to choose from - enjoy diving in the Maldives, snorkeling in Sri Lanka or put your feet up in Kerala. As well as reveling in beach activities, don't forget to get tasting the local cuisine which varies from country to country but is guaranteed to ignite your taste buds and leave you wanting more.
- Southeast Asia - Southeast Asia has plenty of great winter sun destinations thanks to its variety and, even with the chance of the odd shower in Indonesia, relatively dry and sunny conditions across the region. Thailand's always popular owing to the number of beach resorts in Phuket, Koh Samui and surrounding islands that offer competitive prices, while Langkawi, Bali and Lombok are also favoured destinations with beach lovers. There's so much to see and do across southeast Asia: those keen to explore some history will appreciate the sites dotted around Vietnam and Cambodia, while Burma and the Philippines offer plenty of opportunities to walk, see wildlife and swim in stunning waters.
Hopefully you're feeling thoroughly inspired about booking your winter sun holiday, and have seen a great value online deal for 2017/2018 to match. If you can't find what you're looking for, head over to our complete holiday deals section for even more offers, and remember to check out our weather guides to see what conditions are like in your chosen destination.
Our weather comparison tool is very helpful if you find yourself stuck between two places offering tempting winter sunshine, while out guide to the best time to travel shows you when conditions are at their finest in any given location.
Get FREE travel offers
Sign up to receive the latest deals and exclusive discounts on holidays, flights, hotels and more, plus inspiration on where to go when
We promise not to share your details