- Save on return flights to worldwide destinations with KLM
- Book flights to Abu Dhabi, Jo'burg, Tokyo & more
- Plus more flights to the Americas, Middle East & Europe
Cancun weather in May 2021
Get the latest coronavirus (COVID-19) updates for Mexico with current travel advice, statistics and online resources.
- 3232°C max day temperature
- 77 days with some rainfall
- 2222°C min night temperature
- 1313 hours of daylight per day
- VHVery High heat & humidity
- 109109 mm of monthly rainfall
- 1111+ (Extreme) UV index
- 2727°C sea temperature
Recommended for Mexico - Caribbean Coast
The May weather guide for Cancun, Mexico - Caribbean Coast shows long term weather averages processed from data supplied by CRU (University of East Anglia), the Met Office & the Netherlands Meteorological Institute. Find out more about our data sources.
How hot is it in Cancun in May?
Daytime temperatures usually reach 32°C in Cancun in May with very high heat and humidity, falling to 22°C at night.
How sunny is it in Cancun in May?
There are normally 8 hours of bright sunshine each day in Cancun in May - that's 61% of daylight hours.
How warm is the sea around Cancun in May?
The average sea temperature around Cancun in May is 27°C.
Does it rain in Cancun in May?
There are usually 7 days with some rain in Cancun in May and the average monthly rainfall is 109mm.
Cancun sunrise & sunset times for May 2021
Browse the sunrise & sunset times for Cancun in May 2021. Select a month to view Cancun sunrise & sunset times for the next twelve months.
|Date||Sunrise times||Sunset times|
|Saturday, 1st May 2021||06:17||19:13|
|Sunday, 16th May 2021||06:09||19:19|
|Monday, 31st May 2021||06:05||19:25|
- Save up to 40% with ALL-Accor Live Limitless membership
- Receive EXTRA up to 10% discount with first booking
- Earn reward points, get members' rates, discounts & more
Metric (°C / mm) | Imperial (°F / inches)
Discover more about Mexico - Caribbean Coast
Where is hot in Mexico - Caribbean Coast in May for 2021/2022?
Below are average maximum temperatures at popular destinations in Mexico - Caribbean Coast in May. Select a destination to see more weather parameters.
Get your weekly fix of holiday inspiration from some of the world's best travel writers plus save on your next trip with the latest exclusive offers
We promise not to share your details
Popular travel offers
*affiliate links: find out how we are funded and why this helps us remain free to use.