- Check latest offers on IHG hotels in New York City, USA
- Book direcly with IHG online & get the lowest rate
- Join the IHG Rewards Club for discounts, benefits & more
New York City weather in August 2019
- 2828°C max day temperature
- 99 days with some rainfall
- 2020°C min night temperature
- 1414 hours of daylight per day
- MModerate heat & humidity
- 100100 mm of monthly rainfall
- 88 (Very High) UV index
- 2222°C sea temperature
The August weather guide for New York City, New York shows long term weather averages processed from data supplied by CRU (University of East Anglia), the Met Office & the Netherlands Meteorological Institute. Find out more about our data sources.
Metric (°C / mm) | Imperial (°F / inches)
Guide to New York City weather in August
The average maximum daytime temperature in New York City in August is a warm 28°C (82°F) with moderate heat & humidity. The average night-time temperature is usually a comfortable 20°C (68°F). There are usually 9 hours of bright sunshine each day, which represents 62% of the 14 hours of daylight.
Expect 100mm (3.9 inches) of rainfall across the whole of August with 9 days with some rain falling. Maximum UV levels will be very high (8 UV index) at midday when the skies are clear.
The average sea temperature in and around New York City in August is 22°C (72°F).
New York City sunrise & sunset times for August 2019
Browse the sunrise & sunset times for New York City in August 2019. Select a month to view New York City sunrise & sunset times for the next twelve months.
|Date||Sunrise times||Sunset times|
|Thursday, 1st August 2019||05:52||20:12|
|Friday, 16th August 2019||06:07||19:53|
|Saturday, 31st August 2019||06:22||19:30|
- Search for holiday accommodation in New York, USA
- Enter travel dates & number of guests or browse by map
- Filter homes by price, type, faciliities & more
Discover more about New York City
More New York destinations
- East Hampton
- Lake George
- Lake Placid
- New York City
- Niagara Falls
- Sarasota Springs
Get FREE travel offers
Sign up to receive the latest deals and exclusive discounts on holidays, flights, hotels and more, plus inspiration on where to go when
We promise not to share your details