- Compare car hire prices to find best deal online
- Book flexible bookings with free cancellation policy
- No hidden fees + price match guarantee
Tyne & Wear travel advice
Explore our complete guide to Tyne & Wear with the latest travel advice for travellers and holidaymakers including official updates and local travel tips for Tyne & Wear.
- Essential travel guide
- Weather & climate
- Travel advice
- Travel health
- Covid live updates
- Travel features
- Top travel deals
Tyne & Wear travel guide - essential info
Below is a beginner's guide to Tyne & Wear with essential travel facts such as dominant language spoken, typical flight time from the UK and the local currency. You can also check whether visas are required and what plug adapter you need to pack.
|Tyne and Wear - quick facts
|UK +0 hours
|G plug (230V)
Recommended for Tyne and Wear
Tyne & Wear weather
|Maximum daytime temperature °C
|Hours of sunshine (daily)
|Days with some rainfall
|Sea temperature °C
The Tyne & Wear weather guide shows long term monthly averages for Newcastle.
Tyne & Wear travel advice
Check the latest travel advice on visiting Tyne & Wear from official government sources (in english) from around the world including entry requirements and travel restrictions.
- Irish traveller advice for Tyne and Wear - Department of Foreign Affairs, Ireland
- Canadian travel advice for Tyne and Wear - Government of Canada
- US travel advisories for Tyne and Wear - US Department of State
- Safe travel advisories for Tyne and Wear - Ministry of Foreign Affairs, New Zealand
- Smarter traveller advice for Tyne and Wear - Department of Foreign Affairs, Australia
Learn more about the current safety and security risks from terrorism, natural disasters and more. Read about the local laws and customs to consider when travelling around Tyne & Wear.
Note: UK FCDO - UK Foreign, Commonwealth & Development Office
FCDO travel advice
Tyne & Wear travel health
Find out more about staying safe when travelling to Tyne & Wear with the latest guidance on required vaccinations and recommended medication to take with you.
- Vaccines & medicines for Tyne and Wear - CDC
- Health & vaccinations for Tyne and Wear - TravelHealthPro, NaTHNac
- How to stay safe & healthy in Tyne and Wear - Fit for Travel, Public Health Scotland
Check out the general travel tips for staying safe and healthy in Tyne & Wear, risks of preventable diseases and what to pack.
Note: CDC - Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
Tyne & Wear covid live updates
Check the latest live updates on Covid-19 in Tyne & Wear with the vaccination requirements, current available statistics and up-to-date travel advice from government agencies.
- Travellers' health for Tyne and Wear - UK Health Security Agency
- Coronavirus timeline in Tyne and Wear - Coronalevel.com
- Latest info on travel to Tyne and Wear - Department for Transport for England
Tyne & Wear FAQs
Read our frequently asked questions about travelling to Tyne & Wear including the current entry restrictions, covid rules, driving side, electrical plugs used and much more.
What is the time difference between Tyne and Wear and the UK?
The time difference between Tyne and Wear and the UK is UK time+0 hours.
What is the main language spoken in Tyne and Wear?
What is the currency in Tyne and Wear?
Which plugs are used in Tyne and Wear?
Tyne and Wear uses electrical plug type G (230 Volts).
Which side of the road do they drive on in Tyne and Wear?
They drive on the left side of the road in Tyne and Wear.
Transport options for Tyne and Wear
Travel advice by country
Get your weekly fix of holiday inspiration from some of the world's best travel writers plus save on your next trip with the latest exclusive offers
We promise not to share your details
Explore holidays in the sun for less
- Beach holidays
- Family holidays
- City breaks
- Summer holidays
- Winter sun holidays
- Holiday offers
- Top travel brands
- Airlines & flights
- Discount hotels
- Airport parking deals
- British Airways
- easyJet holidays
- Love Holidays