- Browse latest special offers on hotel stays in 2020/2021
- Book hotels in the Middle East, Asia & Indian Ocean
- Includes discounts, room upgrades & late check outs
Yala weather in May 2021
Get the latest coronavirus (COVID-19) updates for Sri Lanka with current travel advice, statistics and online resources.
- 3131°C max day temperature
- 88 days with some rainfall
- 2525°C min night temperature
- 1212 hours of daylight per day
- VHVery High heat & humidity
- 8080 mm of monthly rainfall
- 1111+ (Extreme) UV index
- 2929°C sea temperature
Recommended for Sri Lanka
The May weather guide for Yala, Sri Lanka shows long term weather averages processed from data supplied by CRU (University of East Anglia), the Met Office & the Netherlands Meteorological Institute. Find out more about our data sources.
How hot is it in Yala in May?
Daytime temperatures usually reach 31°C in Yala in May with very high heat and humidity, falling to 25°C at night.
How sunny is it in Yala in May?
There are normally 6 hours of bright sunshine each day in Yala in May - that's 50% of daylight hours.
How warm is the sea around Yala in May?
The average sea temperature around Yala in May is 29°C.
Does it rain in Yala in May?
There are usually 8 days with some rain in Yala in May and the average monthly rainfall is 80mm.
Yala sunrise & sunset times for May 2021
Browse the sunrise & sunset times for Yala in May 2021. Select a month to view Yala sunrise & sunset times for the next twelve months.
|Date||Sunrise times||Sunset times|
|Saturday, 1st May 2021||05:51||18:11|
|Sunday, 16th May 2021||05:48||18:13|
|Monday, 31st May 2021||05:48||18:16|
- Check out top flight deals & low fares from popular airlines
- Search for return & one-way flights or multi-city trips
- Airlines include BA, Virgin Atlantic, United & Turkish Airlines
Metric (°C / mm) | Imperial (°F / inches)
Discover more about Sri Lanka
Where is hot in Sri Lanka in May for 2021/2022?
Below are average maximum temperatures at popular destinations in Sri Lanka in May. Select a destination to see more weather parameters.
Get your weekly fix of holiday inspiration from some of the world's best travel writers plus save on your next trip with the latest exclusive offers
We promise not to share your details
Popular travel offers
*affiliate links: find out how we are funded and why this helps us remain free to use.