- Save on holidays to Asia & Far East with latest special offers
- Book holidays to Thailand, Bali, Hong Kong & more
- Filter offers by board basis, price, star rating & more
Yala weather in August 2020
Get the latest coronavirus (COVID-19) updates for Sri Lanka with current travel advice, statistics and online resources.
- 3131°C max day temperature
- 88 days with some rainfall
- 2525°C min night temperature
- 1212 hours of daylight per day
- VHVery High heat & humidity
- 6363 mm of monthly rainfall
- 1111+ (Extreme) UV index
- 2828°C sea temperature
The August weather guide for Yala, Sri Lanka shows long term weather averages processed from data supplied by CRU (University of East Anglia), the Met Office & the Netherlands Meteorological Institute. Find out more about our data sources.
How hot is it in Yala in August?
Daytime temperatures usually reach 31°C in Yala in August with very high heat and humidity, falling to 25°C at night.
How sunny is it in Yala in August?
There are normally 6 hours of bright sunshine each day in Yala in August - that's 50% of daylight hours.
How warm is the sea around Yala in August?
The average sea temperature around Yala in August is 28°C.
Does it rain in Yala in August?
There are usually 8 days with some rain in Yala in August and the average monthly rainfall is 63mm.
Yala sunrise & sunset times for August 2020
Browse the sunrise & sunset times for Yala in August 2020. Select a month to view Yala sunrise & sunset times for the next twelve months.
|Date||Sunrise times||Sunset times|
|Saturday, 1st August 2020||05:58||18:22|
|Sunday, 16th August 2020||05:59||18:18|
|Monday, 31st August 2020||05:57||18:11|
- Save up to 20% on car hire for summer 2020
- Book rentals in UK, France, Germany, Benelux & Spain
- Travel before 31st August 2020 (inclusive)
Metric (°C / mm) | Imperial (°F / inches)
Discover more about Sri Lanka
Where is hot in Sri Lanka in August for 2020/2021?
Below are average maximum temperatures at popular destinations in Sri Lanka in August. Select a destination to see more weather parameters.
Get your weekly fix of holiday inspiration from some of the world's best travel writers plus save on your next trip with the latest exclusive offers
We promise not to share your details
Popular travel offers
*affiliate links: find out how we are funded and why this helps us remain free to use.