- Save on holidays to Africa with latest special offers
- Book holidays to Morocco, Zanzibar, South Africa & more
- Filter deals by star rating, price, duration & more
Cape Town weather in March 2021
Get the latest coronavirus (COVID-19) updates for South Africa with current travel advice, statistics and online resources.
- 2424°C max day temperature
- 55 days with some rainfall
- 1414°C min night temperature
- 1212 hours of daylight per day
- LLow heat & humidity
- 4343 mm of monthly rainfall
- 99 (Very High) UV index
- 1818°C sea temperature
The March weather guide for Cape Town, South Africa shows long term weather averages processed from data supplied by CRU (University of East Anglia), the Met Office & the Netherlands Meteorological Institute. Find out more about our data sources.
How hot is it in Cape Town in March?
Daytime temperatures usually reach 24°C in Cape Town in March, falling to 14°C at night.
How sunny is it in Cape Town in March?
There are normally 9 hours of bright sunshine each day in Cape Town in March - that's 75% of daylight hours.
How warm is the sea around Cape Town in March?
The average sea temperature around Cape Town in March is 18°C.
Does it rain in Cape Town in March?
There are usually 5 days with some rain in Cape Town in March and the average monthly rainfall is 43mm.
Cape Town sunrise & sunset times for March 2021
Browse the sunrise & sunset times for Cape Town in March 2021. Select a month to view Cape Town sunrise & sunset times for the next twelve months.
|Date||Sunrise times||Sunset times|
|Monday, 1st March 2021||06:34||19:22|
|Tuesday, 16th March 2021||06:46||19:03|
|Wednesday, 31st March 2021||06:58||18:42|
- Save up to 40% with ALL-Accor Live Limitless membership
- Receive EXTRA up to 10% discount with first booking
- Earn reward points, get members' rates, discounts & more
Metric (°C / mm) | Imperial (°F / inches)
Discover more about South Africa
Where's hot in South Africa in March?
Below are average maximum temperatures at popular destinations in South Africa in March. Select a destination to see more weather parameters.
Get your weekly fix of holiday inspiration from some of the world's best travel writers plus save on your next trip with the latest exclusive offers
We promise not to share your details
Popular travel offers
*affiliate links: find out how we are funded and why this helps us remain free to use.