- Search & compare the best car hire deals
- Free 48-hour cancellation policy & no hidden charges
- Check prices with Avis, Europcar, Sixt & more
Jan Mayen weather in August 2020
- 55°C max day temperature
- 1616 days with some rainfall
- 11°C min night temperature
- 1515 hours of daylight per day
- 0No heat & humidity
- 6868 mm of monthly rainfall
- 22 (Low) UV index
- 66°C sea temperature
The August weather guide for Jan Mayen shows long term weather averages processed from data supplied by CRU (University of East Anglia), the Met Office & the Netherlands Meteorological Institute. Find out more about our data sources.
How cold is it in Jan Mayen in August?
Daytime temperatures usually reach 5°C in Jan Mayen in August, falling to 1°C at night.
How sunny is it in Jan Mayen in August?
There are normally 3 hours of bright sunshine each day in Jan Mayen in August - that's 21% of daylight hours.
Is the sea cold around Jan Mayen in August?
The average sea temperature around Jan Mayen in August is 6°C.
Does it rain in Jan Mayen in August?
There are usually 16 days with some rain in Jan Mayen in August and the average monthly rainfall is 68mm.
Jan Mayen sunrise & sunset times for August 2020
Browse the sunrise & sunset times for Jan Mayen in August 2020. Select a month to view Jan Mayen sunrise & sunset times for the next twelve months.
|Date||Sunrise times||Sunset times|
|Saturday, 1st August 2020||03:24||01:59|
|Sunday, 16th August 2020||05:26||23:47|
|Monday, 31st August 2020||06:41||22:25|
- Save an extra 10% on worldwide car hire
- Book with the exclusive Argus Car Hire discount code
- Travel before 31st December 2019 (inclusive)
Metric (°C / mm) | Imperial (°F / inches)
Get your weekly fix of holiday inspiration from some of the world's best travel writers plus save on your next trip with the latest exclusive offers
We promise not to share your details
Popular travel offers
*affiliate links: find out how we are funded and why this helps us remain free to use.