- Book guided tours from £15.99 per person
- Choose from popular tourist attractions worldwide
- Check the latest deals online with Get Your Guide
Dorset travel advice
Explore our complete guide to Dorset with the latest travel advice for travellers and holidaymakers including official updates and local travel tips for Dorset.
- Essential travel guide
- Weather & climate
- Travel advice
- Travel health
- Covid live updates
- Travel features
- Top travel deals
Dorset travel guide - essential info
Below is a beginner's guide to Dorset with essential travel facts such as dominant language spoken, typical flight time from the UK and the local currency. You can also check whether visas are required and what plug adapter you need to pack.
|Dorset - quick facts
|UK +0 hours
|G plug (230V)
Recommended for Dorset
|Maximum daytime temperature °C
|Hours of sunshine (daily)
|Days with some rainfall
|Sea temperature °C
The Dorset weather guide shows long term monthly averages for Bournemouth.
Activity deal finder
Dorset travel advice
Check the latest travel advice on visiting Dorset from official government sources (in english) from around the world including entry requirements and travel restrictions.
- Irish traveller advice for Dorset - Department of Foreign Affairs, Ireland
- Canadian travel advice for Dorset - Government of Canada
- US travel advisories for Dorset - US Department of State
- Safe travel advisories for Dorset - Ministry of Foreign Affairs, New Zealand
- Smarter traveller advice for Dorset - Department of Foreign Affairs, Australia
Learn more about the current safety and security risks from terrorism, natural disasters and more. Read about the local laws and customs to consider when travelling around Dorset.
Note: UK FCDO - UK Foreign, Commonwealth & Development Office
FCDO travel advice
Dorset travel health
Find out more about staying safe when travelling to Dorset with the latest guidance on required vaccinations and recommended medication to take with you.
- Vaccines & medicines for Dorset - CDC
- Health & vaccinations for Dorset - TravelHealthPro, NaTHNac
- How to stay safe & healthy in Dorset - Fit for Travel, Public Health Scotland
Check out the general travel tips for staying safe and healthy in Dorset, risks of preventable diseases and what to pack.
Note: CDC - Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
Dorset covid live updates
Check the latest live updates on Covid-19 in Dorset with the vaccination requirements, current available statistics and up-to-date travel advice from government agencies.
- Travellers' health for Dorset - UK Health Security Agency
- Coronavirus timeline in Dorset - Coronalevel.com
- Latest info on travel to Dorset - Department for Transport for England
Read our frequently asked questions about travelling to Dorset including the current entry restrictions, covid rules, driving side, electrical plugs used and much more.
What is the time difference between Dorset and the UK?
The time difference between Dorset and the UK is UK time+0 hours.
What is the main language spoken in Dorset?
What is the currency in Dorset?
Which plugs are used in Dorset?
Dorset uses electrical plug type G (230 Volts).
Which side of the road do they drive on in Dorset?
They drive on the left side of the road in Dorset.
Transport options for Dorset
Travel advice by country
Get your weekly fix of holiday inspiration from some of the world's best travel writers plus save on your next trip with the latest exclusive offers
We promise not to share your details
Explore holidays in the sun for less
- Beach holidays
- Family holidays
- City breaks
- Summer holidays
- Winter sun holidays
- Holiday offers
- Top travel brands
- Airlines & flights
- Discount hotels
- Airport parking deals
- British Airways
- easyJet holidays
- Love Holidays