- Explore the new river cruise collection for 2019/2020
- Book early for routes along the Rhine, Danube & Douro
- Plus other destinations in Europe & beyond
Saga Holidays promotional code 2019/2020: Online discounts
- River cruise deals for 2019/2020
- Latest special offers & discounts
- Last minute holidays & cruises
- Latest ocean cruise deals
The Saga Holidays promotional code and online discount offers will help you see the world for less in 2019/2020. But the question is, what sort of holiday are you after? Do you want to relax and soak up some sun, see some of the cultural wonders of the world, head off on an adventure holiday - how about all of the above? Whatever type of break you fancy, Saga* is sure to have an option that appeals for those who love to travel after 50.
- Latest offers on Saga Holidays
- Saga Holidays & Tours
- Saga Cruises - Ocean & River
- Destinations with Saga
- Saga travel insurance
Top Saga holidays promotional codes & deals 2019/2020
Browse the current promotional codes and discount offers from Saga holidays to see if you could cut the cost of your well earned break in 2019/2020:
- Browse the latest special offers & discounts from Saga
- Includes extras such as FREE room upgrades
- Also stay longer for FREE on selected holidays
- Save with late deals on holidays & cruises from Saga
- Book holidays, hotel stays, tours & river & ocean cruises
- Search for deals on breaks in the next few months
- Browse the latest ocean cruise deals & discounts in 2019
- Includes all inclusive cruises & single cabins
- Visit destinations across Europe and around the world
This page is frequently updated with the latest online offers and promotional codes plus all the other Saga deals and discounts available for 2019/2020, so do check back before booking.
One of Saga Holidays' strengths is that it offers a huge variety of breaks that you can book with the Saga holiday promotional code, so you can book the perfect trip to match your interests. In fact, each Saga holiday comes with its own 'holiday styles' label, allowing you to easily browse the sort of breaks that appeal to you:
Stay and Relax
Saga's Stay and Relax holidays do exactly what they say on the tin, with plenty of stunning retreats to choose from, be it on the Cornish coast or the Costa Blanca. Each hand-picked hotel is specially selected to provide the perfect environment in which to unwind.
There are all inclusive packages available too, providing you with all meals and a free bar. An on site Saga representative will be on hand if you fancy exploring your surroundings on a planned excursion, but there's certainly no pressure to go on them. These holidays are designed so you can be as active or as lazy as you like.
Stay and Explore
If you really want to get under the skin of your holiday destination and discover all that it has to offer, a Stay and Explore break is for you.
Tailor-made trips with expert guides will ensure you get to immerse yourself in the local traditions, food and landscape (often going beyond the obvious tourist highlights to give you a real insight into the local culture and people). Of course, you'll still have plenty of time to relax and enjoy a top-rated hotel and its facilities, too.
A Saga Active Explorer holiday is for those who like to go off the beaten track and don't mind a bit of physical activity in order to see some truly spectacular sights.
You could be riding elephants through the nature trails of Nepal, walking through the rainforests of Borneo, taking a classic Kenyan safari, or exploring the lost cities of the Incas in Peru, to name just a few options for 2019/2020.
All Active Explorer holidays come complete with expert guides and excellent accommodation. Saga also rate each Active Explorer holiday so you can see how active each trip is. This allows you to easily choose one that suits your level of fitness.
Saga's Escorted Tours are exclusively for Saga customers, and aim to combine fantastic locations, experienced tour managers, and great company into one neat package. The tours on offer are incredibly varied. If you're a history buff, there are tours that explore the Great War, Waterloo, Agincourt and more, with others showing you the ancient magic of the Nile, or the peerless medieval cities of Spain.
It's not just the choice of locations; Saga also offers escorted cruise and rail tours if you love the romance of travelling by train or the glamour of a cruise. The choice and quality is really quite impressive.
As always, before you book remember to check our round-up of the latest money saving deals and discounts for Saga in 2019/2020.
What's included with your Saga holiday?
Saga Holidays is renowned for its high levels of customer service. Here are some of the main perks you get when you book a break with Saga:
- optional travel insurance plus additional cancellation rights for all holidays abroad, or a discount if not required
- return flights, coach or rail travel (as specified in your holiday description)
- allowance for one piece of hold baggage per person (even if flying with budget airlines such as easyJet)
- the services of a Saga representative or help desk to help you check in at your airport
- return transfer between your overseas airport and accommodation
Plus on all stay holidays you get:
- a welcome drink reception
- excursions, entertainment and activities (where specified)
While you can book full board, half board, B&B, and self catering breaks, there is also the option to go all inclusive* in many cases. An all inclusive holiday with Saga includes even more extras, such as meals, snacks and complimentary drinks (alcohol too), as well as selected excursions and activities.
Saga's price promise
Saga promises that if it reduces its brochure prices after you have booked your holiday, it will pass this reduction on to you. This ensures you are always guaranteed the best price if you book early, while letting you secure your spot on your dream holiday before it gets booked up.
Saga also has a policy of never charging the dreaded 'single supplement' for solo travellers, making the company a solid choice for those travelling on their own, as well as couples and groups.
If you've ever fancied taking to the seas for a classic cruise experience, then a cruise package is certainly going to tempt you.
Saga cruises tend to be elegant but informal, packed with all the contemporary comforts you can imagine (cinemas, spas, gyms, open-air hot tubs, libraries, you name it). You can sit where you like at dinner, and a packed entertainment programme of cabaret shows, ballroom dancing, pub quizzes, lectures and more means you're often spoilt for choice when it comes to choosing which events to take part in.
Fortunately, Saga cruises offers exceptional value for money. In fact, Saga includes many extras as standard (most other cruise companies charge for these):
- door-to-door chauffeur service
- optional travel insurance and additional cancellation rights, or a discount if not required
- all onboard gratuities included
- 24 hour room service
- free shuttle bus to take you to the nearest town centre
River cruises take you through the heart of a country in a way that ocean cruises can't. It's a fantastically laid-back way to see a huge amount of sights, cities, landmarks and ever-changing countryside.
What's more, Saga have river cruises to suit almost every taste. For example, you could discover the treasures of medieval Flanders, cruise down the Rhine into the heart of Europe, or experience the Danube's spectacular scenery and sites, from the Black Forest to the Black Sea. These choices, and many others, are all waiting for you (but they often get booked up fast).
Saga provides all the glitz and comfort of a traditional ocean cruise but with none of the pretension. The company prides itself on its customer service and attention to detail, and this is one reason why Saga keeps passenger numbers low (there's never more than 720 guests on board).
This helps create an intimate and welcoming atmosphere, where you regularly see friendly faces and don't just feel like one passenger amongst hordes of others. Another advantage of Saga's 'smaller is better' philosophy is that its nimble ships can dock in lesser known ports, hidden islands, and coves which are out-of-bounds to bigger cruise ships.
As for where you can go, the world is your oyster, from Europe, and the Americas, to the Caribbean, the Middle East, the Mediterranean, India, Scandinavia and more.
Saga also works with other carefully selected cruise lines from around the world to offer discount packages that are specially designed for travellers aged 50 plus.
All of these cruises (including Azamara Club Cruises, Fred Olsen Cruise Lines, MSC Cruises and others) can be found in Saga's Cruise World section. Saga has even negotiated a special discount for each cruise in 2019/2020, so it's well worth taking a look.
Destinations with Saga
It's no exaggeration to say that Saga offers holidays spanning all four corners of the globe, with destinations across Africa, Asia, the Caribbean, Europe, the Americas and beyond. Click on the regions listed below to find out more about the holidays available:
- Africa*: Botswana, Egypt, Gambia, Kenya, Madagascar, Mauritius, Morocco, Namibia, Seychelles, South Africa, Tunisia
- Asia*: China, India, Japan, Laos, Malaysia, Myanmar, Nepal, Sri Lanka, Thailand, Uzbekistan, Vietnam
- Australasia*: Australia, New Zealand
- Caribbean*: Antigua, Barbados, Bequia, Cuba, Dominican Republic, Grenada, St Lucia, St Vincent, Trinidad and Tobago
- Europe*: Austria, Croatia, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Gibraltar, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, Ireland, Italy, Malta, Montenegro, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Russia, Slovenia, Spain, Switzerland, Turkey
- North America*: Canada, Costa Rica, Guatemala, Nicaragua, Mexico, USA
- South America: Argentina, Brazil, Chile, Colombia, Ecuador, Peru
- UK*: England, Northern Ireland, Scotland, Wales
Saga travel insurance
It may be simple common sense, but it's important to ensure you don't travel without insurance. As Saga is both well known as a holiday and insurance provider for those over 50, Saga can afford to throw in great travel insurance rates on their holidays as an added bonus.
- Book Saga Travel Insurance online and save up to 10%
- Policies tailored for the Over 50s, with no upper age limit
- Most pre-existing medical conditions covered
Saga offers optional comprehensive travel insurance and additional cancellation rights on all of its overseas holidays. However, don't worry if you already have an existing travel insurance policy, as Saga will offer you the holiday at a lower price so you still get a discount - win win.
If you're tempted to book a great value with break with Saga Holidays, just remember check the latest sale offers and promotional codes for 2019/2020 to ensure you get the best deal. Can't find what you're looking for? Visit our complete holiday deals and discounts section for all the latest savings on breaks worldwide.
Get FREE travel offers
Sign up to receive the latest deals and exclusive discounts on holidays, flights, hotels and more, plus inspiration on where to go when
We promise not to share your details
Related travel brands
*affiliate links: find out how we are funded and why this helps us remain free to use.