- Save £200 per booking on Marella Cruises in 2021
- Book cruises to Europe, Mediterranean & Caribbean
- Travel before 31st December 2021 (inclusive)
Ireland covid statistics & travel advice
The latest Covid-19 statistics on new cases and vaccine rollout in Ireland plus up-to-date travel advice and resources from government organisations and international agencies.
Vaccine rollout (%)
Partially · Fully
7-day · 14-day
Ireland · UK
- Covid vaccination statistics
- Covid new case statistics
- Current travel status & restrictions
- Coronavirus updates & resources
- More about Ireland
- Back to coronavirus advice
For a full summary of Covid-19 statistics and regulations by country, and to compare destinations around the world, visit our interactive Covid-19 travel planner.
Travel advice by country
Ireland Covid-19 vaccine rollout
Below are the latest statistics on Covid-19 vaccinations in Ireland showing the number of people and percentage of the population who are partially and fully vaccinated.
|As of 27/07/2021||Number of people||Percentage of population|
Ireland Covid-19 statistics - new cases
The figures below show the average numbers of new cases per 100,000 of population for Ireland recorded in the latest 7-day and 14-day period and the percentage difference from the week before, plus charts showing the numbers of new cases recorded over the past 10 weeks.
|Week ending||7-day average||7-day weekly change||14-day average||14-day weekly change|
New cases 7-day average
The 7-day average number of new Covid-19 cases per 100,000 of population for Ireland recorded over the past 10 weeks.
New cases 14-day average
The 14-day average number of new Covid-19 cases per 100,000 of population for Ireland recorded over the past 10 weeks.
The number of newly recorded cases per 100,000 of population for Ireland is provided by the European Centre for Disease Prevention and Control (ECDC) and is updated weekly.
Ireland coronavirus live updates
- Travel advice for Ireland - UK Foreign, Commonwealth & Development Office (FCDO)
- Travellers' health for Ireland - Department of Health, Republic of Ireland
- Coronavirus timeline in Ireland - Wikipedia - coronavirus update
- Latest info on travel to Ireland - Government of Ireland
FCO travel advice
Ireland travel status
Below is the latest information on the travel and tourism status of Ireland including entry rules, pre-departure & in-destination Covid-19 testing and quarantine requirements plus current status on the UK travel list for returning to the UK.
Are there entry restrictions to Ireland due to the coronavirus?
Ireland is open for tourism from the UK.
Negative PCR test results or proof of full Covid-19 vaccination required for arrivals from the UK. Arrivals from the UK face a period of quarantine on entering Ireland. Fully vaccinated passengers exempt from quarantine. Unvaccinated arrivals must quarantine. 2nd test on Day 5 to shorten quarantine.
Check out Government of Ireland for more information.
- OOpen for tourism
- VVaccine passport accepted
- TTest required
- QVQuarantine excl. vaccinated
- TQVTest + quarantine excl. vaccinated
- V+Fully vaccinated only
- T+QTest + quarantine required
- QQuarantine required
- C/BClosed for tourism/Travel ban
Do I need to quarantine in the UK if I travel from Ireland?
Ireland is part of the Common Travel Area.
No Covid-19 test and quarantine is required on arrival if you have not been outside of the Common Travel Area in the previous 10 days.
UK status - traffic light system
- GGreen list country
- CTACommon Travel Area
- G+Green watchlist country
- AAmber list country
- RRed list country
- BInternational travel ban
Discover more about Ireland
Recommended for Ireland
Cruise deal finder
Get your weekly fix of holiday inspiration from some of the world's best travel writers plus save on your next trip with the latest exclusive offers
We promise not to share your details
*affiliate links: find out how we are funded and why this helps us remain free to use.