- Explore latest special offers on Centara Hotels & Resorts
- Save on hotel stays in Asia & the Middle East
- Filter deals by hotel brand, destination & country
Polonnaruwa weather in August 2022
Get the latest coronavirus (Covid-19) updates for Sri Lanka with current travel advice and statistics on new cases per 100,000 and vaccine.
- 3232°C max day temperature
- 77 days with some rainfall
- 2525°C min night temperature
- 1212 hours of daylight per day
- VHVery High heat & humidity
- 7474 mm of monthly rainfall
- 1111+ (Extreme) UV index
Recommended for Sri Lanka
The August weather guide for Polonnaruwa, Sri Lanka shows long term weather averages processed from data supplied by CRU (University of East Anglia), the Met Office & the Netherlands Meteorological Institute. Find out more about our data sources.
How hot is it in Polonnaruwa in August?
Daytime temperatures usually reach 32°C in Polonnaruwa in August with very high heat and humidity, falling to 25°C at night.
How sunny is it in Polonnaruwa in August?
There are normally 7 hours of bright sunshine each day in Polonnaruwa in August - that's 55% of daylight hours.
Does it rain in Polonnaruwa in August?
There are usually 7 days with some rain in Polonnaruwa in August and the average monthly rainfall is 74mm.
Metric (°C / mm) | Imperial (°F / inches)
Polonnaruwa sunrise & sunset times for August 2022
Browse the sunrise and sunset times for Polonnaruwa in August 2022. Select a month to view Polonnaruwa sunrise & sunset times for the next 12 months.
|Date||Sunrise times||Sunset times|
|Monday, 1st August 2022||05:58||18:26|
|Tuesday, 16th August 2022||05:59||18:21|
|Wednesday, 31st August 2022||05:58||18:14|
- Save up to 35% on long stays at Anantara Hotels
- Plus extra 10% off for DISCOVERY members
- Book hotels in Europe, Asia, Africa & Middle East
Get your weekly fix of holiday inspiration from some of the world's best travel writers plus save on your next trip with the latest exclusive offers
We promise not to share your details
Popular travel offers
*affiliate links: find out how we are funded and why this helps us remain free to use.