- Book online & save up to 10% on holidays to Skiathos
- FREE kids places & low deposits also available
- Say Hello to TUI - the new name in holidays
Cheap holidays to Skiathos 2017: All inclusive deals
Finding cheap holidays to Skiathos in 2017 is easier than ever, as we've gathered the current deals and discounts from leading holiday providers right here for you to save on your booking. Read on for more detailed information about visiting Skiathos, including the best beaches, family friendly resorts and things to do.
- Cheap holidays to Skiathos
- All inclusive holidays to Skiathos
- Skiathos Town holidays
- Other resorts in Skiathos
- Key facts about Skiathos
- Skiathos weather guide
Cheap holidays to Skiathos 2017
If you're searching for cheap holidays to Skiathos for summer 2017, don't miss our collection of deals, discount codes and special offers from the likes of TUI, Thomas Cook and Olympic Holidays. From self catering to all inclusive, we have the very latest money saving options for your holiday right here:
- Save £176 on summer 2018 holidays with Thomas Cook
- Minimum spend of £1,000 - Flying with Thomas Cook Airlines
- Travel between 1st Apr & 31st Oct 2018 (inclusive)
- Save up to £500 per couple on summer 2017 holidays
- Book holidays to Canaries, Balearics, Spain & Portugal
- Travel before 31st October 2017 (inclusive)
- Save £25 per person on all holidays in 2017/2018
- Enter Olympic Holidays promo code on Holiday Details page
- Destinations include Greece, Cyprus, Spain, Italy & more
- Save up to 50% on holidays in 2017/2018 in Love Holidays sale
- Pay low holiday deposits from £49 per person
- No Love Holidays discount code required
- Save up to 40% off hotels in the Hotels.com autumn sale
- Offers on hotel bookings to worldwide destinations
- Travel before 3rd December 2017 (inclusive)
- Book early & save on summer 2018 with Olympic Holidays
- Pay just £49 deposits per person on summer 2018 holidays
- Final payment due just 10 weeks before you travel
- Travel between 1st May & 31st Oct 2018 (inclusive)
- Book cheap holidays in 2017/2018 from just £99 per person
- Save on family & couples breaks and all inclusive holidays
- £50 deposits - final payment 2 weeks before you fly
- Save on late summer 2017 holidays with 1000's offers available
- Book online with Olympic Holidays & save today
- Destinations include Greece, Cyprus, Italy, Spain & more
- Travel before 31st October 2017 (inclusive)
- Pay low deposits on holidays in 2017/2018 from £49pp
- Book summer holidays to Greece, Cyprus & more
- Including Crete, Corfu, Santorini, Mykonos & more
- Save on flights to Greece with Thomas Cook Airlines
- Fly to 12 destinations including Corfu, Kos, Rhodes & Zante
- Plus Kefalonia, Lesbos, Lefkas, Santorini & Skiathos
- Book online & save up to £30 on flights to Skiathos
- Check low fares on flights to Skiathos
- £30 discount on return flights until 31st Oct 2017 (£20 after)
- Discover the best holiday deals to Skiathos
- Check out the latest late deals or seach for a specific dates
- Pay low holiday deposits from £49 per person
- Find low prices on flights to Skiathos
- Discover the cheapest price, airlines & flight times
- Search for the best deals before you book
- Find cheap flights to Skiathos with Skyscanner
- Search by departure airport to find best airline routes
- Enter exact dates, months or find the cheapest month
- Find the cheapest flights to Skiathos by month
- Filter by airport or select a specifc departure date
- Prices shown are one-way including taxes & charges
- Explore the latest offers on holidays to Skiathos
- Filter deals by departure airport, price & star rating
- Holiday prices shown are per person
All inclusive holidays to Skiathos
Skiathos has long attracted those keen to soak up its summer sun, bathe in its turquoise waters, and dance the night away in its stylish bars and clubs. If you're thinking of searching for cheap holidays to Skiathos in 2017, you might consider an all inclusive break, where your every need is catered to. While packages vary between each hotel, resort and apartment complex, it's definitely worth seeing if an all inclusive holiday to Skiathos is possible.
If you're looking for a cheap family holiday to Skiathos, it's worth checking out the following highly rated properties, which have everything from kids' pools to play areas for your little ones:
- Paradise Hotel, Katsarou - relaxed, family-run hotel with a pool and splendid views
- Sunset Hotel & Apartments, Koukounaries - traditional studios, ideal for families, plus free sunloungers, free WiFi, play area and beautiful views
- Hotel Esperides, Achladies Bay - quaint, quiet and peaceful beachfront hotel with play area, playroom and pool
- Kassandra Bay Resort, Vasilias - expansive luxury resort with kids' pool, playroom and private beach
- Boudouriani House, Troulos - great value, small but stylish set of apartments
For those after a touch of luxury, either as a family or couple, some of the island's best properties (including the massive Kassandra Bay Resort mentioned above) offering everything from simple to all inclusive holidays to Skiathos include:
- Bourtzi Boutique Hotel, Bourtzi Peninsula, Skiathos Town - intimate, super cool hotel, privately run by two brothers
- La Piscine Art Hotel, near Skiathos Town - adults only, modern and stylish
- Atrium Hotel, Platanias - families welcome, great for couples, splendid views
Whatever type of cheap holiday to Skiathos you plump for, it's likely you'll be dying to set foot on its beautiful beaches. While some of the larger well equipped bays, such as Koukounaries Beach, are well known, Skiathos is home to many other dinkier, quieter beaches - some romantic, some perfect for children. Five of the best to consider visiting include:
- Mandraki Elias Beach - tucked behind a rich pine forest in a small bay, Mandraki Elias Beach is highly regarded as one of the island's hidden gems. It's a tranquil spot with soft sand, sun loungers, and gentle swimming conditions, while a private family-run taverna is said to serve the best chips going.
- Bourtzi Beach - this is less of a beach but a fantastic places to swim for those undaunted by jumping straight into clear, deep water. There's also a much-loved bar which overlooks this pretty swimming point.
- Troulos Beach - battling it out for top beach spot, Troulos Beach is a delightfully clean Blue Flag stretch under a mile long with a gentle sloping shore (ideal for children), sunbeds and lined with a few local tavernas, all in a laid back atmosphere.
- Lalaria Beach - accessible only by boat and flanked by dramatic rocky formations, Lalaria's real charm is it's clear turquoise water, great for swimming, while the white pebble beach makes for a lovely stroll, although there are few amenities here.
- Agia Eleni Beach - blessed with lashings of sunshine, this westerly facing beach has long been a favourite with those on cheap holidays to Skiathos, thanks to its invitingly clean water, selection of sunbeds, fully stocked bar and tremendous sunset views.
Skiathos Town holidays
From dipping your toe in the waters of the Blue Flag beach at Megali Ammos a short walk from the town, to going mountain biking, hiking or simply enjoying the views, if you opt for a cheap holiday to Skiathos Town in 2017 you won't be stuck for things to do.
If there's one reason people continue to be drawn on cheap holidays to Skiathos, it has to be its unrivalled natural beauty with its terracotta-topped white houses, pine forests and clear water bays - something which didn't escape the directors of Mamma Mia! who filmed the 2008 hit film in and around Skiathos Town, the island's capital.
If you can tear yourself away from the beach, some of the top things to see and do on a cheap holiday to Skiathos Town in 2017 include:
- Catching a show at the Attikon Open Air Cinema - a hugely popular summer attraction, the open air cinema shows a range of films and, naturally, Mamma Mia! frequently appears on the programme
- Exploring Bourtzi - head to the rocky, pine-tree clad peninsula, which was once home to a fortress, and neatly divides the old and new harbours of Skiathos Town. As well as a scenic swimming spot and ultra cool hotel, there's also the remains of a thirteenth century citadel, and the Bourtzi Cultural Centre, which showcases a mix of music, classic Greek tales, contemporary theatre and more during the annual summer-long Aegean Festival
- Popping in to The Papadiamantis House - this small museum was home to the Greek writer Alexandros Papadiamantis, famed for his nineteenth century novels, poems and short stories
- Heading to the old town - lose yourself in the maze of cobbled streets with their spectacular views down to the harbour for a taste of the traditional
- Visiting the Monastery of Evangelistrias - among the numerous inland monasteries you can visit on a cheap holiday to Skiathos, this eighteenth century one has to be the most famous. Sitting among olive groves and vineyards a mere three miles from Skiathos Town, it's a charming site with a curious past, and well worth the hike there (a bus from the main terminal also runs)
- Taking a trip to Kastro - visit the island's former capital, now in ruins, around 30 minutes' drive from Skiathos Town. Explore restored churches, old defences and soak in the hill-top's impressive views
Skiathos Town is definitely the most prominent destination on the island, with an abundance of gourmet restaurants, trendy bars, members' clubs and designer shops, not to mention a large harbour for superyachts. Although it's most certainly loved by celebs and the wealthy, you'll still find plenty of cheap holidays to Skiathos in 2017, and using the latest discount codes or deals from big brands is a brilliant way to save on your booking.
Other resorts in Skiathos
Skiathos Town may be the most well known destination on the island, and it certainly has a lot to offer visitors, but it's by no means the only place worthy of calling home on your cheap holiday to Skiathos in 2017. Read on to discover more of the island's other holiday hot spots.
It's all about the beach in Koukounaries: here you'll find a ribbon of supple white sand that runs for just under a mile, hemmed by fragrant pine trees that offer welcome shade. This Blue Flag beauty is a popular spot, and you certainly won't be enjoying it on your own, however, it is a must see on any cheap holiday to Skiathos. It has plenty of amenities, including sun loungers, water sports, a dive centre, plus various tavernas and bars. If you fancy something a little more low key, head to the neighbouring beach of Ampelakia.
Aside from the multitude of water sports on offer, other activities on offer in Koukounaries include walking, biking or horse riding in the dense pine forests - a truly great way to experience the natural landscape of this part of Skiathos.
Even with its well equipped beach, Koukounaries remains quite chilled, especially compared to its cosmopolitan neighbour, Skiathos Town. Sample both on a cheap holiday to Skiathos in 2017 for a flavour of the island's diversity.
If you're on the hunt for peaceful cheap holidays to Skiathos, then Troulos may well be for you. Located in a dinky Blue Flag bay with gentle access to the water, it's ideal for families and those who like a laid back pace. You'll find great food at the family-run taverna here as well. If you're feeling adventurous, hire a boat to explore some of the surrounding coves.
Troulos is also home to two main trails through the island's national park, Dasi nisou Skiathou Magnisias. The hikes are relatively easy, sweeping through pine forests and past wild flowers and olive groves over a 10 mile round route.
Another benefit to basing your cheap holiday to Skiathos in 2017 in Tourlos, is that you get to enjoy the best of both worlds: the peace and quiet of the beach and pretty bay, yet only 20 minutes from the bright lights of Skiathos Town.
Achladies Bay is another sedate place with a Blue Flag number, Paradise Beach. Here you'll find golden sand and a relaxed atmosphere. There are sunloungers and parasols for hire, also a number of water sports available, as well as a few good tavernas - try the shaded Mamiatis Garden, reputably the bay's best. As with many places you could stay on a cheap holiday to Skiathos, Achladies promises stunning views from its collection of hotels and cafes. For something a bit different, take the water taxi to Skiathos Town only a short distance away.
Kolios is a sleepy seaside village that creeps around a small bay, with narrow streets and picture-perfect white washed houses. It's an oasis with a delightful, unspoilt beach, offering only a handful of bars and tavernas, but no water sports. It's also a great hub for those thinking about cheap holidays to Skiathos, with Skiathos Town a short journey away, and various other beaches and bays within easy reach.
Key facts about Skiathos
Finding cheap holidays to Skiathos for 2017 should prove easy, and to ensure you make the most of your time there without worrying about some of the smaller details, here are a few of the island's vital stat:
- Flight time from London (UK): 3.5 hours
- Time zone: Eastern European Time (EET) (GMT +3)
- Currency: Euro
- Driving: left-hand side
- Major airports: Skiathos Airport 'Alexandros Papadiamantis' or Skiathos Island National Airport (JSI)
Skiathos seems to effortlessly blend suave sophistication and a laid back, with some of the finest beaches, viewpoints, restaurants, shops and hotels in the region. Whether you're after a relaxed family break or indulgent romantic escape, by searching the latest cheap holidays to Skiathos for 2017 you're sure to find something just right. For even more offers, don't forget to visit our dedicated travel deals and discounts section.
Get FREE travel offers
Sign up to receive the latest deals and exclusive discounts on holidays, flights, hotels and more, plus inspiration on where to go when
We promise not to share your details