- Book online & save up to 9% on holidays to Mykonos
- FREE kids places & low deposits also available
- Say Hello to TUI - the new name in holidays
Cheap holidays to Mykonos 2017: Luxury & family deals
If you're on the hunt for cheap holidays to Mykonos in 2017, you could hardly pick a more quintessentially 'Greek' destination. It's this incredible charm combined with pretty landscapes, traditional houses and ideal weather which make it a hit with holidaymakers year after year. Read on for the latest deals on cheap holidays to Mykonos, plus detailed information about visiting the island.
- Mykonos holiday offers
- All inclusive holiday deals
- Luxury Mykonos holidays
- Main resorts in Mykonos
- Key Facts about Mykonos
- Mykonos weather guide
Cheap holidays to Mykonos 2017: latest online deals and discounts
Get the latest deal, discounts and special offers on cheap holidays to Mykonos right here. Browse savings from leading holiday providers to find the best fit for your summer getaway:
- Book cheap holidays in 2017/2018 from just £8 pp/pn
- Save on family & couples breaks and all inclusive holidays
- £50 deposits - final payment 2 weeks before you fly
- Book early & save on summer 2018 with Olympic Holidays
- Pay just £49 deposits per person on summer 2018 holidays
- Final payment due just 10 weeks before you travel
- Travel between 1st May & 31st Oct 2018 (inclusive)
- Save up to 50% on last minute summer holidays
- Book villas in France, Greece, Italy, Spain & Portugal
- Stay at luxury accommodation from villas to chateaux
- Save on Ryanair flights - Prices from £9.99 one way
- Book flights to destinations across Europe with Ryanair
- No Ryanair discount code required
- Pay low deposits on holidays in 2017/2018 from £49pp
- Book summer holidays to Greece, Cyprus & more
- Including Crete, Corfu, Santorini, Mykonos & more
- Discover the best holiday deals to Mykonos
- Check out the latest late deals or seach for a specific dates
- Pay low holiday deposits from £49 per person
- Find low prices on flights to Mykonos
- Discover the cheapest price, airlines & flight times
- Search for the best deals before you book
- Find cheap flights to Mykonos with Skyscanner
- Search by departure airport to find best airline routes
- Enter exact dates, months or find the cheapest month
- Book tours & holidays to Greece with G Adventures
- Tour prices start from just £637 per person
- Filter holidays by date, price, activity, duration & difficulty
- Save on holidays to Mykonos with easyJet holidays
- Explore top destinations and hotels in Mykonos
- Search for deals based on star rating, board basis & more
- Browse the top offers on holidays to Mykonos
- Browse the latest Destinology sale offers & online deals
- Filter deals by departure airport, star rating & more
Check back regularly to see all the current online deals and discounts on cheap holidays to Mykonos in 2017.
A bit about Mykonos
Mykonos is one of roughly 220 Greek islands in the Cyclades in the Aegean Sea, and has long been the destination of choice for the well known and well heeled. Affectionately known as the 'island of wind' for its seasonal gusts, and the 'Ibiza of Greece' for its reliably lively nightlife, Mykonos continues to attract holidaymakers keen to taste this slice of Grecian paradise.
The appeal, however, is a little more widespread today; although there is more than enough to keep those with on luxury Mykonos holidays entertained, there's also room for those on budget breaks hoping to make the most of cheap holidays to Mykonos as well. Come for traditional tavernas, cosy guesthouse, stylish hotels, beautiful beaches, wild water sports and a nonstop nightlife scene, among many other delights.
Mykonos all inclusive holiday deals
If you're trying to find cheap all inclusive holidays to Mykonos, you're most likely struggling, as the Greek island is not one for its all inclusive deals. Unlike some of its Cycladic neighbours, such as Santorini, Mykonos is all about smaller, more intimate places to stay. You will find some holidays offering full board, but even that is harder to come by.
Expect a wide variety of self catering, B&B and half board cheap holidays to Mykonos, and use it as an excuse to get out and about exploring the sights, sounds, smells and flavours of this intriguing island.
Luxury Mykonos holidays
Golden beaches? Check. Dreamy turquoise waters? Check. Pretty white washed house? Check. Mykonos really is the picture perfect Greek island, so it's no wonder luxury lovers have made it a holiday haven. If you're searching for luxury Mykonos holidays in 2017, then the first thing you need to know is that it's free from sprawling high rise resorts, and all about boutique hotels, which is also the reason you'll struggle to find cheap all inclusive holidays to the island.
Mykonos is almost overflowing with boutique hotels, be they modern and stylish or traditional and contemporary. This means you have a wealth of places to choose from when deciding where to stay on a luxury holiday to Mykonos. Just 10 of the island's best you might want to consider, include:
- Mykonian Mare Boutique & Spa Hotel
- Belvedere Luxury Hotel Mykonos
- Grace Mykonos
- Cavo Tagoo Mykonos
- Tharroe of Mykonos
- Kivotos Luxury Boutique Hotel
- Boheme Mykonos
- Rocabella Mykonos Art Hotel & Spa
- Nissaki Hotel Mykonos
- Kouros Hotel & Suites Mykonos
For those who fancy something a little less intimate but in no way less chic, check out the following hotels that are ideal for those seeking luxury holidays to Mykonos:
- Santa Marina Resort & Villas
- Mykonos Grand Hotel & Resort
- Royal Myconian Resort & Thalasso Spa
- Petasos Beach Resort & Spa
- Mykonos Blu Grecotel
Things to do on luxury Mykonos holidays
Mykonos has plenty of activities that cater to the taste of those enjoying luxury Mykonos holidays. Whether you're after a spot of indulgence at the spa, a glam day out at an exclusive beach club or something a bit more physical such as sailing or diving, you'll find it in Mykonos.
Surely there's no greater pleasure than treating yourself (or, even better, being treated to) a pampering session? If you're planning a luxury Mykonos holiday, you'll find spas and wellness centres offering everything from relaxing body treatments and water therapies, to yoga and pilates dotted across the island. A number of hotels have spas attached including the following highly rated ones:
- Rocabella Mykonos Art Hotel & Spa
- Myconian Imperial Hotel & Thalasso Centre
- Mykonian Mare Boutique & Spa Hotel
- Myconian Ambassador Hotel & Thalasso Spa Center
- Petasos Beach Resort & Spa
Forget sandy towels and overcrowded beaches; head to one of the island's beach clubs for anything from gourmet food and cocktails, to comfy cabanas and attentive poolside waiters - no luxury Mykonos holiday is complete without at least one day hanging out at a beach bar. Try one - or all - of the following:
- Special Paradise - one of the island's busiest, loudest and wildest bars, located on Paradise Beach in Mykonos Town, where you'll find a swimming pool, DJs, and fully stocked bar where (almost) anything goes
- Nammos Restaurant Mykonos - more beachside restaurant, Nammos is famed for its Greek, Italian and Arabic dishes overlooking Psarou Beach
- Panormos Beach Restaurant - relax among the palms, lanterns and hammocks of this trendy restaurant in Panormos Bay, which offers plenty of shade and style right by the sea
- Kalua Mykonos Paraga - a long time favourite with holidaymakers, Kalua is a fine restaurant serving up Greek and Italian food with easy beach access by day, and lively packed bar by night, all on the quieter shores of Paraga Beach
No luxury holiday to Mykonos would be complete without splashing the cash in some of the island's finest boutiques. Serial shoppers should head for Mykonos Town, which has by far the biggest selection of international brands, such as Gant, Nike, and Puma, and local boutiques, selling everything from art and handmade jewellery to designer labels and home decor.
Whether you're on a cheap or luxury holiday to Mykonos in 2017, don't miss the following high class shops:
- Amelie la Boutique- designer clothes, jewellery and swimwear
- Home.com- contemporary furniture and accessories
- First - fashion for women by both international and Greek designers
- Maison Boutique - modern and vintage interiors for your home
- Petroula - stylish labels for kids
Naturally, thanks to being surrounded by azure seas, its location, and seasonal winds, Mykonos is excellent for water sports, and there are plenty to choose from both above, on and under water, from kite surfing to scuba diving. A particular favourite of those enjoying luxury Mykonos holidays is to take to book a charter, be it a yacht, catamaran, speed boat or sailboat.
There are charters of every type available, from day trips to extended journeys, that promise to weave you in and out of the countless bays and bends, not just of Mykonos but other Cycladic islands, and even further afield. Three great companies you could consider for your luxury holiday to Mykonos include:
- Viator sailing trips
- Mega yacht service by Mykonos Blu
Resorts in Mykonos
Whatever type of cheap holidays to Mykonos in 2017 you're trying to find, be it relaxed and romantic, family friendly, or all about the partying, you'll find it on this most enchanting of islands. As a general rule, destinations to the south of the island are a little more established with plenty of amenities and facilities, while the beaches and towns to the north are somewhat quieter, so it really just depends what you're after.
Mykonos Town is the well established beating heart of the island, and top of the list for most people on cheap holidays to Mykonos. While other locations nearby, such as the length stretch at Platys Gialos, secluded Agia Anna cove and bustling Paranga, may boast better beaches and have their own mix of boutique hotels, none rival the good vibes and air of 'well to do' found in Mykonos Town.
Spread across a mini peninsula, Mykonos Town is low lying, where white houses accessorised with cobalt blue doors and flowering bougainvillea crawl up and over the rocky landscape towards the iconic 16th century windmills. Yet, this postcard perfect Greek town is also a maze of cobbled streets and narrow lanes, and home to a hive of activity where you'll find most of the island's very best bars, restaurants, shops and cafes.
Head to the waterfront to mingle with the rich and famous, where you'll also find a wealth of cafes, restaurants and boutiques, while area of Little Venice has a refreshing blend of independent galleries and chic bars.
A stone's throw from Mykonos Town, Ornos enjoys the best of both worlds, being a little quieter than its lively neighbour, while remaining within easy reach. It's especially good for families after cheap holidays to Mykonos, thanks to its gently sloping beach with calm warm waters, and excellent range of facilities.
Wander between the pretty white washed houses, try local tavernas, visit galleries and boutique shops, or take a trip to other Mykonos beaches to the south by water taxi from the working harbour at the far end of the bay.
Famed for its long stretch of platinum white sand, Plati Yialos is also a hit with families and couples on cheap holidays to Mykonos. Here you'll find numerous independent hotels, as well as a cluster of beachfront bars, tavernas and shops. There are plenty of opportunities to take part in water sports or visit other beaches on the island by water taxi.
Peaceful, traditional and unscathed in terms of huge development, Kalo Livadi is really rather rural with only a handful of hotels and guesthouses sandwiched between the hillside and the sea. The real appeal here is the stretch of beach, which remains hidden from many of the tourists that flock to the island on cheap holidays to Mykonos.
You'll find a relaxed sandy beach with shallow waters and enough sunloungers to go around, there's even water sports options, and a select few tavernas, bars and cafes lining the edge of the beach. For those after a touch of culture, head to the nearby town of Ano Mera to see the 18th century monastery with its impressive marble fountain, while those after the action can nip to Mykonos Town just six miles away.
Key facts about Mykonos
Get the most from your cheap holiday to Mykonos by knowing the facts before you go. Here are a few basics to get you on your way:
- Flight time from London: 3.5 hours
- Time zone: Eastern European Time (GMT +2)
- Currency: Euro
- Driving: right-hand side
- Major airport: Mykonos Island National Airport (JMK)
Hopefully you're feeling inspired to hop on a plane to Mykonos this summer, so remember to check out all current travel deals to see if there's a cheap holiday to Mykonos with your name on it. Want to find out more about what you can do on cheap holidays to Mykonos in 2017? Head over to our blog where we have a detailed article on the island's top 10 beaches.
Get FREE travel offers
Sign up to receive the latest deals and exclusive discounts on holidays, flights, hotels and more, plus inspiration on where to go when
We promise not to share your details