- Save £50 per person on holidays in 2017/2018
- Book holidays to Europe, Mediterranean, Asia & more
- Excludes Malta holidays, river cruises & escorted tours
Cheap holidays to Bali 2017/2018: Latest deals & offers
If you're not looking for cheap holidays to Bali in 2017/2018, now is the time to start, and here we'll show you why. From its unrivalled natural beauty and sweeping white sandy beaches, to the long list of outdoor pursuits, spas, wildlife, countless comforts, and affordability, it's no wonder Bali is Indonesia's most popular holiday destination.
- Latest holiday offers
- All inclusive deals
- Luxury Bali holidays
- Lombok holidays
- Gili islands
- Key facts about Bali
- Bali weather guide
- Lombok weather guide
- Gili weather guide
Cheap holidays to Bali 2017/2018: latest deals and discounts
Whether you're travelling on a budget, after all inclusive accommodation or want full on luxury at your fingertips, you'll find it in Bali. Browse the latest online discounts, deals and special offers on cheap holidays to Bali in 2017/2018 to see if you could be exploring this magical Indonesian island for yourself.
- Browse low fares on Qatar Airways flights worldwide
- Depart from Birmingham, Edinburgh, Heathrow & Manchester
- Book flights to Dubai, Bali, Thailand, Australia & more
- Browse the best fares on flights with Virgin Australia
- Choose departure airport & filter flights by region
- Fly to destinations in Australia, New Zealand, Asia & more
- Save on Royal Brunei flights to Bali from London
- Economy flight offers start from just £488 (return)
- Travel before 30th November 2017 (inclusive)
- Save on Royal Brunei flights to Bali from London
- Business flight offers start from just £2,703 (return)
- Travel before 30th November 2017 (inclusive)
- Check out cheap flights from Cathay Pacific by destination
- Fly from London Heathrow (LHR) or Manchester (MAN)
- Destinations include Hong Kong, Sydney, Auckland & Manila
- Save on holidays to Indonesia with The Holiday Place
- Find the best hotel rates & special online discounts
- Filter holiday deals by holiday type, price & more
- Browse the top offers on holidays to Bali
- Browse the latest Destinology sale offers & online deals
- Filter deals by departure airport, star rating & more
- Find low prices on flights to Bali
- Discover the cheapest price, airlines & flight times
- Search for the best deals before you book
- Search Momondo for cheap flights to Bali
- Find the best prices & flight routes from top airlines
- Compare leading flight offers before booking online
- Find cheap flights to Bali with Skyscanner
- Search by departure airport to find best airline routes
- Enter exact dates, months or find the cheapest month
- Book tours & holidays to Indonesia with G Adventures
- Tour prices start from just £519 per person
- Filter holidays by date, price, activity, duration & difficulty
- Explore the latest offers on holidays to Bali
- Filter deals by departure airport, price & star rating
- Holiday prices shown are per person
There's almost always a saving to be had when you book online, so remember to use any current discount code or promotional deal when it comes to booking your cheap holiday to Bali in 2017/2018.
A bit about Bali
Bali is both an island and a province in Indonesia, lying some 650 miles east of the capital city, Jakarta. It sits just south of the equator giving it a tropical climate year round, with dry season that runs from April to November.
For a relatively small island (stretching no more than 95 miles from east to west), Bali is incredibly diverse. From the black sand beaches of the north to the white shores on the south, Bali is home to huge variations in its landscape and cuisine, not to mention attractions and types of holiday on offer, which create mass appeal, ensuring something for everyone.
Come for its delightful beaches, unmatched diving, impressive wildlife and photographer friendly landscapes; stay for the people, welcoming atmosphere, and permanent sense of holiday spirit.
Bali all inclusive holiday deals
An all inclusive holiday tends to be something a bit special, and when you book a cheap all inclusive holiday to Bali, it certainly won't be one you forget in a hurry. The island is well stocked with hotels and resorts that offer all inclusive packages. These tend to be larger properties with all the amenities you could wish for including kids' clubs and play areas, in house spas, gourmet dining options and designer bars. If you're on the hunt for great value Bali all inclusive deals for 2017/2018, check out these 10 popular resorts:
- Grand Mirage Resort, Tanjung Benoa
- The Westin Resort Nusa Dua, Nusa Dua
- Grand Aston Bali Beach Resort, Tanjung Benoa
- Club Med Bali, Nusa Dua
- Club Bali Mirage, Tanjung Benoa
- Samabe Bali Suites & Villas, Nusa Dua
- Zen Resort Bali, Seririt
- Nusa Dua Beach Hotel & Spa, Nusa Dua
- Sol Beach House Benoa Bali by Melia Hotel International, Tanjung Benoa
- Villa Ria Seminyak, Seminyak
Luxury Bali holidays
Finding real luxury in Bali is not hard. Many of the world's best known brands in five star accommodation and dining have set up camp in Bali, creating some of the finest hotels and resorts in the region. If you like the idea of surrendering to pure enjoyment and relaxation in serious style, then check out these highly rated properties when searching for cheap holidays to Bali - you may be surprised by the deals you can find:
- W Retreat & Spa Bali, Seminyak
- Mulia Villas, Nusa Dua
- Como Shambhala Estate, Ubud
- Bulgari Resort Bali, Pecatu
- Anantara Seminyak Resort & Spa, Seminyak
- Conrad Bali, Tanjung Benoa
- The Chedi Sakala Bali, Tanjung Benoa
- The St Regis Bali Resort, Nusa Dua
- Four Seasons at Sayan, Ubud
- Amankila, Manggis
The culture of spa and wellness is intrinsically linked with Bali, Indonesia, and southeast Asia as a whole. The idea of treatments and classes to align not only your body but your mind has long been prevalent here, so it's no surprise that there is such a choice of spas just waiting for you on a cheap holiday to Bali.
As with anything, the quality and price of spa treatments, classes and sessions vary greatly. However, if you fancy splashing out on an indulgent holistic treatment or yoga retreat while in Bali, you won't go wrong with any of the following options:
- Mandara Spa at Hotel Padma Bali, Legian
- Prana spa at The Villas, Seminyak
- Jari Menari, Seminyak
- Jamu spa at AlamKulKul Boutique Resort, Nusa Dua
- Ubud Sari Health Resort, Ubud
Top things to see and do in Bali
There are few places more idyllic than Bali. It instantly stirs the sense with images of colourful culture, coconut laden beaches, and verdant green landscapes springing to mind. Then there's the fragrant cuisine, wonderful wildlife, turquoise waters, teeming reefs - the list goes on.
Of course, for many, the point of booking a cheap holiday to Bali in 2017/2018 is to sit back and soak up the sun, cocktail in hand. However, no one can can truly say they're experienced the best that Bali has to offer until they've dived into the array of activities and attractions on offer.
For those on cheap holidays to Bali who just love being outdoors and getting their hands dirty, don't miss the chance to take part in the following:
- diving/snorkelling - although there are plenty of stunning dive sites around Bali, don't miss the Marine National Park at Menjangan island with crystal clear water, bright corals and an aquarium of colourful fish
- sunset cruise - for a touch of romance, book a sunset cruise complete with drinks and/or dinner
- cookery class - get first hand experience of cooking local recipes such as fish curry and nasi goreng to take back to your kitchen
- rice terraces - lose yourself in the vibrant greenery of Balinese rice fields
- elephant safari - hop aboard a majestic Asian elephant for a safari through the jungle
Then there's the selection of walks, cycle routes, rafting options and wildlife watching tours, among many other things to keep people of all ages thoroughly entertained and enthralled with this beautiful island. As for attractions, five of our favourites for those on cheap holidays to Bali include:
- Bali Safari & Marine Park, Gianyar - great for families with animal fans keen to see tigers, elephants, komodo dragons, piranhas and more, plus there's a water park and fun zone on site as well
- Tegallalang Rice Terraces, Ubud - a scenic look at the cultivated interior of beautiful Bali
- Mount Batur, northwest Bali - ideal for walkers and nature lovers; book a sunrise tour of this active volcano, see ancient villages and the island's largest bamboo farm
- Sacred Monkey Forest, Ubud - walk among the forest with monkeys swinging overhead, and join in at feeding time
- Tanah Lot Temple, Tabanan - inject a bit of culture into your holiday with a trip to this historical temple perched on a large rock formation off the coast
Cheap holidays to Bali: neighbouring destinations
Many people enjoying cheap holidays to Bali often take the chance to explore neighbouring islands, such as the slightly smaller and noticeably contrasting Lombok, and the exotic Gili islands. Read to find out more about these enchanting places that you too could visit while on a cheap holiday to Bali in 2017/2018.
Lombok is Bali's (slightly) lesser known and (currently) under developed sister. Located mere miles (25, give or take) to the east of its sibling, Lombok offers those on cheap holidays to Bali something a little different with an easy going vibe not to mention plenty to see, do, and experience.
Mount Rinjani, the island's resident volcano, calls the shots here. It reminds people of its presence, stirring from time to time (most recently in 2010), but seems quite content with visitors exploring its foothills, swimming in its sacred crater lake, and bathing in its hot springs.
From the island's highest peak to its turquoise waters and white sandy shores, Lombok is a real favourite with beach babes and surfer dudes. Then there's the Gili islands located just off the northwest coast of Lombok, catering to the needs of everyone from budget backpackers on cheap holidays to Bali, to luxury lovers.
If you're browsing cheap holidays to Bali for 2017/2018 and deciding where you might stay in Lombok, five of the most popular hotels and resorts worth considering include:
- Hotel Tugu Lombok
- Qunci Villas Hotel
- The Oberoi Lombok
- The Lombok Lodge
- Jeeva Klui Resort
Top things to do in Lombok
If you're thinking about taking a trip to Lombok on your cheap holiday to Bali in 2017/2018, expect to find diverse landscapes, including dense monkey rich forests, lovingly cultivated fields brimming with crops such as rice, soybeans and cinnamon plus countless headlands, bays and beautiful beaches.
All of this makes Lombok a playground for outdoorsy types, and the reason you can immerse yourself in the following activities so easily while enjoying cheap holidays to Bali:
- Trek - from seaside paths to mountainous climbs through the Gunung Rinjani National Park, there are treks for everyone on Lombok
- Dive - with world class dive sites for every ability, as well as plenty of schools and instructors nearby, Lombok is a dream for divers keen to explore reefs and wrecks while getting close to the likes of turtles, barracudas and so much more
- Surf - the surf is most definitely up here as people flock to the island's southern shores where you'll find plenty of surf schools on hand to help everyone from newbies to pros - best surfing happens between September and December, and again from February to May
- Swim - from the crater lake of Segara Anak on Mount Rinjani to snorkelling the marine life rich reefs, enjoying the swell of the sea in sheltered bays and simply lying by a glamorous pool, there's plenty of swimming to do in Lombok
- Cycle - discover traditional villages, stunning views, quiet beaches and untouched bays on two wheels, either with a guide or by hiring a bike on your own
It's not hard to see why those on cheap holidays to Bali expressly make time for a trip to the island of Lombok.
Many people enjoying cheap holidays to Bali make it their mission to experience life on at least one of the three famous Gili islands that lie to the northwest of Lombok. This small archipelago of paradisical islands is no stranger to backpackers or holidaymakers, who come to sample the different experiences offered on Gili Trawangan, Gili Meno and Gili Air.
Each of the three islands are car free yet buzz with bicycles and a general busy-ness. Here you'll find beaches with every facility to secluded bays and untouched stretches of sand. Then there's the diving and snorkelling on offer: naturally, being surrounded by marine life and coral rich waters, all of the Gilis offer those on cheap holidays to Bali in 2017/2018 the chance to get up close and personal with creatures from clownfish to turtles.
There's also a range restaurants, bars, accommodation types and so much more spread across the different islands, and there really is something for every taste, be it loud and action packed or more calm and laid back. Read on to find the right Gili island for you:
Gili Trawangan - although the largest and most vivacious of the Gilis, it still only takes two hours to walk around the island. It's especially popular with party loving travellers on cheap holidays to Bali after late nights and lively days, thanks to the numerous hotels, guesthouses, restaurant, bars and clubs. It's a hit with budget seekers as it's incredibly cheap to stay, eat and play, and renowned for its respected collection of dive schools offering courses and sessions for all abilities.
Gili Meno - the smallest and quietest of the Gilis sandwiched between Gili Trawangan and Gili Air, Gili Meno is home to some of the best beaches, not to mention tremendous dive sites such the sunken pier named Bounty. Gili Meno is all about peaceful relaxation, which has long made it a favourite with couples and honeymooners on cheap holidays to Bali.
Gili Air - the closest to the main shore, Gili Air has a flavour of both Gili Trawangan and Gili Meno, blending ample facilities, restaurants and diving options with a chilled out, slightly hippy feel. The focus here is on bars more than clubs, although you will still find monthly full moon parties on the beach. Development is ongoing, although you're still likely to find more B&Bs and guesthouses than massive resorts.
Getting to the Gili islands is simple enough when you're on a cheap holiday to Bali: choose either the fast boats that depart from Teluk Nare, or the cheap and easy public boats which leave from Bangsal Harbour. If you're planning on going to Gili Meno, aim to buy your tickets and be on board before 11.00am, as you're more likely to find routes to the other two islands only after this time.
Key facts about Bali
To help you make the most of your time on the island, we've gathered a few of its vital stat together. One of the most important things to remember when it comes to planning any cheap holiday to Bali, is that although it involves a long haul flight which can be expensive, it's a great value destination where the cost of living is very low for holidaymakers:
- Flight time from London (UK): 12 to 15 hours
- Time zone: Indonesia Central Time Zone (GMT +8)
- Currency: Indonesian Rupiah
- Driving: left-hand side
- Major airports: Ngurah Rai International Airport (DPS)
If a holiday with a difference is what you're looking for, then Bali has to be a contender. It effortlessly blends fine tropical weather with a rich culture and breathtaking natural landscapes to offer the most memorable of destinations for visitors. Browse the latest cheap holidays to Bali in 2017/2018 to get a great deal and discover your very own side to this Indonesian gem. For even more offers, don't forget to visit our dedicated travel deals and discounts section.
Get FREE travel offers
Sign up to receive the latest deals and exclusive discounts on holidays, flights, hotels and more, plus inspiration on where to go when
We promise not to share your details