- Save £100 per couple on select Cosmos tours in 2022
- Explore Ireland, Wales, Dublin, Scotland & more
- Travel between 1st Jan & 31st Dec 2022 (inclusive)
Big Sur weather in May 2022
Get the latest coronavirus (Covid-19) updates for California with current travel advice and statistics on new cases per 100,000 and vaccine.
- 1818°C max day temperature
- 33 days with some rainfall
- 66°C min night temperature
- 1414 hours of daylight per day
- 0No heat & humidity
- 1414 mm of monthly rainfall
- 99 (Very High) UV index
- 1212°C sea temperature
Recommended for California
The May weather guide for Big Sur, California shows long term weather averages processed from data supplied by CRU (University of East Anglia), the Met Office & the Netherlands Meteorological Institute. Find out more about our data sources.
How hot is it in Big Sur in May?
Daytime temperatures usually reach 18°C in Big Sur in May, falling to 6°C at night.
How sunny is it in Big Sur in May?
There are normally 11 hours of bright sunshine each day in Big Sur in May - that's 75% of daylight hours.
How warm is the sea around Big Sur in May?
The average sea temperature around Big Sur in May is 12°C.
Does it ever rain in Big Sur in May?
There are usually 3 days with some rain in Big Sur in May and the average monthly rainfall is 14mm.
Metric (°C / mm) | Imperial (°F / inches)
Big Sur sunrise & sunset times for May 2022
Browse the sunrise and sunset times for Big Sur in May 2022. Select a month to view Big Sur sunrise & sunset times for the next 12 months.
|Date||Sunrise times||Sunset times|
|Sunday, 1st May 2022||06:14||19:55|
|Monday, 16th May 2022||06:00||20:08|
|Tuesday, 31st May 2022||05:51||20:19|
- Save up to 80% with latest deals & discounts
- Book short breaks, UK staycations, beach holidays & more
- Plus buy electronics, garden products & beauty treatments
Get your weekly fix of holiday inspiration from some of the world's best travel writers plus save on your next trip with the latest exclusive offers
We promise not to share your details
Popular travel offers
*affiliate links: find out how we are funded and why this helps us remain free to use.