- Search for holiday accommodation in Los Angeles, California
- Enter travel dates & number of guests or browse by map
- Filter homes by price, type, faciliities & more
Los Angeles weather in August 2020
- 3030°C max day temperature
- 11 day with some rainfall
- 1818°C min night temperature
- 1313 hours of daylight per day
- MModerate heat & humidity
- 44 mm of monthly rainfall
- 1010 (Very High) UV index
The August weather guide for Los Angeles, California shows long term weather averages processed from data supplied by CRU (University of East Anglia), the Met Office & the Netherlands Meteorological Institute. Find out more about our data sources.
How hot is it in Los Angeles in August?
Daytime temperatures usually reach 30°C in Los Angeles in August with moderate heat and humidity, falling to 18°C at night.
How sunny is it in Los Angeles in August?
There are normally 11 hours of bright sunshine each day in Los Angeles in August - that's 83% of daylight hours.
Does it ever rain in Los Angeles in August?
There is usually 1 day with some rain in Los Angeles in August and the average monthly rainfall is 4mm.
Los Angeles sunrise & sunset times for August 2020
Browse the sunrise & sunset times for Los Angeles in August 2020. Select a month to view Los Angeles sunrise & sunset times for the next twelve months.
|Date||Sunrise times||Sunset times|
|Saturday, 1st August 2020||06:05||19:53|
|Sunday, 16th August 2020||06:16||19:38|
|Monday, 31st August 2020||06:26||19:19|
- Save on holidays to the USA & Canada with Virgin Holidays
- Holiday prices start from just £420 per person
- Destinations include LA, New York, Boston, Miami & more
Metric (°C / mm) | Imperial (°F / inches)
Discover more about California
Where's hot in California in August?
Below are average maximum temperatures at popular destinations in California in August. Select a destination to see more weather parameters.
- Death Valley
- Palm Springs
- Los Angeles
- Beverly Hills
- Santa Monica
- San Diego
- Santa Barbara
- Lake Tahoe
- Big Sur
- San Francisco
Get your weekly fix of holiday inspiration from some of the world's best travel writers plus save on your next trip with the latest exclusive offers
We promise not to share your details
Popular travel offers
*affiliate links: find out how we are funded and why this helps us remain free to use.