- Compare flight prices to Europe from leading airlines
- Including BA, Ryanair, Norwegian, easyJet & Eurowings
- Check average prices by route before booking
Svalbard weather in May 2020
- -3-3°C max day temperature
- 99 days with some rainfall
- -7-7°C min night temperature
- 2424 hours of daylight per day
- 0No heat & humidity
- 1313 mm of monthly rainfall
- 22 (Low) UV index
- -2-2°C sea temperature
The May weather guide for Svalbard shows long term weather averages processed from data supplied by CRU (University of East Anglia), the Met Office & the Netherlands Meteorological Institute. Find out more about our data sources.
How cold is it in Svalbard in May?
Daytime temperatures usually reach -3°C in Longyearbyen, Svalbard in May, falling to -7°C at night.
How sunny is it in Svalbard in May?
There are normally 9 hours of bright sunshine each day in Longyearbyen, Svalbard in May - that's 36% of daylight hours.
Is the sea cold around Svalbard in May?
The average sea temperature around Longyearbyen, Svalbard in May is -2°C.
Does it rain in Svalbard in May?
There are usually 9 days with some rain in Longyearbyen, Svalbard in May and the average monthly rainfall is 13mm.
Svalbard sunrise & sunset times for May 2020
Browse the sunrise & sunset times for Svalbard in May 2020. Select a month to view Svalbard sunrise & sunset times for the next twelve months. The Svalbard sunrise & sunset times shown below are for Longyearbyen.
|Date||Sunrise times||Sunset times|
|Friday, 1st May 2020||Daylight all day|
|Saturday, 16th May 2020||Daylight all day|
|Sunday, 31st May 2020||Daylight all day|
- Find best train fares across popular rail operators
- Check schedules for Eurostar, DB, SNCF, Renfe & more
- Book train travel in the UK, France, Italy, Spain & Germany
Metric (°C / mm) | Imperial (°F / inches)
More Svalbard destinations
Get your weekly fix of holiday inspiration from some of the world's best travel writers plus save on your next trip with the latest exclusive offers
We promise not to share your details
Popular travel offers
*affiliate links: find out how we are funded and why this helps us remain free to use.