- Book tours & holidays to South Africa with G Adventures
- Tour prices start from just £652 per person
- Filter holidays by date, price, activity, duration & difficulty
Cape Town weather in May 2020
- 1919°C max day temperature
- 1212 days with some rainfall
- 1010°C min night temperature
- 1010 hours of daylight per day
- 0No heat & humidity
- 136136 mm of monthly rainfall
- 44 (Moderate) UV index
- 1515°C sea temperature
The May weather guide for Cape Town, South Africa shows long term weather averages processed from data supplied by CRU (University of East Anglia), the Met Office & the Netherlands Meteorological Institute. Find out more about our data sources.
How hot is it in Cape Town in May?
Daytime temperatures usually reach 19°C in Cape Town in May, falling to 10°C at night.
How sunny is it in Cape Town in May?
There are normally 6 hours of bright sunshine each day in Cape Town in May - that's 60% of daylight hours.
How warm is the sea around Cape Town in May?
The average sea temperature around Cape Town in May is 15°C.
Does it rain in Cape Town in May?
There are usually 12 days with some rain in Cape Town in May and the average monthly rainfall is 136mm.
Cape Town sunrise & sunset times for May 2020
Browse the sunrise & sunset times for Cape Town in May 2020. Select a month to view Cape Town sunrise & sunset times for the next twelve months.
|Date||Sunrise times||Sunset times|
|Friday, 1st May 2020||07:21||18:05|
|Saturday, 16th May 2020||07:33||17:53|
|Sunday, 31st May 2020||07:43||17:45|
- Check popular offers on Wendy Wu Tours to South Africa
- Sort by price, duration, reviews & popular ratings
- Book with the award winning specialist tour operator
Metric (°C / mm) | Imperial (°F / inches)
Discover more about South Africa
Where's hot in South Africa in May?
Below are average maximum temperatures at popular destinations in South Africa in May. Select a destination to see more weather parameters.
Get FREE travel offers
Sign up to receive the latest deals and exclusive discounts on holidays, flights, hotels and more, plus inspiration on where to go when
We promise not to share your details
Popular travel offers
*affiliate links: find out how we are funded and why this helps us remain free to use.