- Find best train fares across popular rail operators
- Check schedules for Eurostar, DB, SNCF, Renfe & more
- Book train travel in the UK, France, Italy, Spain & Germany
Svalbard weather in July 2020
- 77°C max day temperature
- 1111 days with some rainfall
- 33°C min night temperature
- 2424 hours of daylight per day
- 0No heat & humidity
- 2424 mm of monthly rainfall
- 22 (Low) UV index
- -1-1°C sea temperature
The July weather guide for Svalbard shows long term weather averages processed from data supplied by CRU (University of East Anglia), the Met Office & the Netherlands Meteorological Institute. Find out more about our data sources.
How cold is it in Svalbard in July?
Daytime temperatures usually reach 7°C in Longyearbyen, Svalbard in July, falling to 3°C at night.
How sunny is it in Svalbard in July?
There are normally 7 hours of bright sunshine each day in Longyearbyen, Svalbard in July - that's 27% of daylight hours.
Is the sea cold around Svalbard in July?
The average sea temperature around Longyearbyen, Svalbard in July is -1°C.
Does it rain in Svalbard in July?
There are usually 11 days with some rain in Longyearbyen, Svalbard in July and the average monthly rainfall is 24mm.
Svalbard sunrise & sunset times for July 2020
Browse the sunrise & sunset times for Svalbard in July 2020. Select a month to view Svalbard sunrise & sunset times for the next twelve months. The Svalbard sunrise & sunset times shown below are for Longyearbyen.
|Date||Sunrise times||Sunset times|
|Wednesday, 1st July 2020||Daylight all day|
|Thursday, 16th July 2020||Daylight all day|
|Friday, 31st July 2020||Daylight all day|
- Compare flight prices to Europe from leading airlines
- Including BA, Ryanair, Norwegian, easyJet & Eurowings
- Check average prices by route before booking
Metric (°C / mm) | Imperial (°F / inches)
More Svalbard destinations
Get your weekly fix of holiday inspiration from some of the world's best travel writers plus save on your next trip with the latest exclusive offers
We promise not to share your details
Popular travel offers
*affiliate links: find out how we are funded and why this helps us remain free to use.