- Check out latest hotel deals worldwide with Booking.com
- Find trending hotels, popular destinations & more
- Search for specific destinations & dates or by hotel type
Burundi covid statistics & travel advice
The latest Covid-19 statistics on new cases and vaccine rollout in Burundi plus up-to-date travel advice and resources from government organisations and international agencies.
7-day · 14-day
Burundi · UK
- Covid new case statistics
- Current travel status & restrictions
- Coronavirus updates & resources
- More about Burundi
- Back to coronavirus advice
For a full summary of Covid-19 statistics and regulations by country, and to compare destinations around the world, visit our interactive Covid-19 travel planner.
Travel advice by country
Burundi Covid-19 statistics - new cases
The figures below show the average numbers of new cases per 100,000 of population for Burundi recorded in the latest 7-day and 14-day period and the percentage difference from the week before, plus charts showing the numbers of new cases recorded over the past 10 weeks.
|Week ending||7-day average||7-day weekly change||14-day average||14-day weekly change|
New cases 7-day average
The 7-day average number of new Covid-19 cases per 100,000 of population for Burundi recorded over the past 10 weeks.
New cases 14-day average
The 14-day average number of new Covid-19 cases per 100,000 of population for Burundi recorded over the past 10 weeks.
The number of newly recorded cases per 100,000 of population for Burundi is provided by the European Centre for Disease Prevention and Control (ECDC) and is updated weekly.
Burundi coronavirus live updates
- Travel advice for Burundi - UK Foreign, Commonwealth & Development Office (FCDO)
- Travellers' health for Burundi - Ministry of Public Health, Burundi
- Coronavirus timeline in Burundi - Wikipedia - coronavirus update
FCDO travel advice
Burundi travel status
Below is the latest information on the travel and tourism status of Burundi including entry rules, pre-departure & in-destination Covid-19 testing and quarantine requirements plus current status on the UK travel list for returning to the UK.
Are there entry restrictions to Burundi due to the coronavirus?
Burundi is open for tourism from the UK.
Negative PCR or NAAT test results required for arrivals from the UK. Mandatory 2nd test on arrival + isolate while awaiting results.
- OOpen for tourism
- VVaccine passport accepted
- TTest required
- QVQuarantine excl. vaccinated
- TQVTest + quarantine excl. vaccinated
- V+Fully vaccinated only
- T+QTest + quarantine required
- QQuarantine required
- C/BClosed for tourism/Travel ban
Do I need to quarantine in the UK if I travel from Burundi?
Burundi is on the ROW list in the UK.
Fully vaccinated & under 18s - No quarantine in the UK is required. No pre-departure test is needed. A PCR test on or before day 2 back in the UK.
Not fully vaccinated - Quarantine at home for 10 days when arriving in the UK. Pre-departure test in Burundi is required as well as PCR tests on days 2 & 8 in the UK while in quarantine. Test to Release scheme can be used in England on day 5 to shorten quarantine period.
UK status - traffic light system
- ROWROW (Rest of the world)
- CTACommon Travel Area
- RRed list country
- BInternational travel ban
Recommended for Burundi
Get your weekly fix of holiday inspiration from some of the world's best travel writers plus save on your next trip with the latest exclusive offers
We promise not to share your details
*affiliate links: find out how we are funded and why this helps us remain free to use.