- Book car hire with Alamo & get Viator discount code
- Save 10% on US attractions & excursions with Viator
- Offer available to UK residents only
Portland weather in May 2020
- 1818°C max day temperature
- 1212 days with some rainfall
- 66°C min night temperature
- 1515 hours of daylight per day
- 0No heat & humidity
- 9292 mm of monthly rainfall
- 77 (High) UV index
- 88°C sea temperature
The May weather guide for Portland, Maine shows long term weather averages processed from data supplied by CRU (University of East Anglia), the Met Office & the Netherlands Meteorological Institute. Find out more about our data sources.
How hot is it in Portland in May?
Daytime temperatures usually reach 18°C in Portland in May, falling to 6°C at night.
How sunny is it in Portland in May?
There are normally 8 hours of bright sunshine each day in Portland in May - that's 52% of daylight hours.
Is the sea cold around Portland in May?
The average sea temperature around Portland in May is 8°C.
Does it rain in Portland in May?
There are usually 12 days with some rain in Portland in May and the average monthly rainfall is 92mm.
Portland sunrise & sunset times for May 2020
Browse the sunrise & sunset times for Portland in May 2020. Select a month to view Portland sunrise & sunset times for the next twelve months.
|Date||Sunrise times||Sunset times|
|Friday, 1st May 2020||05:33||19:44|
|Saturday, 16th May 2020||05:14||20:01|
|Sunday, 31st May 2020||05:03||20:15|
- Find cheap flights to Maine with Skyscanner
- Search by departure airport to find best airline routes
- Enter exact dates, months or find the cheapest month
Metric (°C / mm) | Imperial (°F / inches)
Discover more about the USA
Where's hot in Maine in May?
Below are average maximum temperatures at popular destinations in Maine in May. Select a destination to see more weather parameters.
Get your weekly fix of holiday inspiration from some of the world's best travel writers plus save on your next trip with the latest exclusive offers
We promise not to share your details
Popular travel offers
*affiliate links: find out how we are funded and why this helps us remain free to use.