- Save at least 20% on participating IHG hotels
- Book summer hotel stays at least 3 days in advance
- Travel before 15th September 2019 (inclusive)
Tanzania weather in May 2020
- 3030°C max day temperature
- 1414 days with some rainfall
- 2222°C min night temperature
- 1212 hours of daylight per day
- HHigh heat & humidity
- 153153 mm of monthly rainfall
- 1010 (Very High) UV index
- 2828°C sea temperature
The May weather guide for Tanzania, represented by Dar es Salaam, shows long term weather averages processed from data supplied by CRU (University of East Anglia), the Met Office & the Netherlands Meteorological Institute. Find out more about our data sources.
Metric (°C / mm) | Imperial (°F / inches)
Guide to Tanzania weather in May
The average maximum daytime temperature in Tanzania in May is a hot 30°C (86°F) with high heat & humidity. The average night-time temperature is usually a warm 22°C (72°F). There are usually 6 hours of bright sunshine each day, which represents 54% of the 12 hours of daylight.
Expect 153mm (6.0 inches) of rainfall across the whole of May with 14 days with some rain falling. Maximum UV levels will be very high (10 UV index) at midday when the skies are clear.
The average sea temperature in and around Tanzania in May is 28°C (82°F).
The weather in Tanzania in May is represented by Dar es Salaam.
Tanzania sunrise & sunset times for May 2020
Browse the sunrise & sunset times for Tanzania in May 2020. Select a month to view Tanzania sunrise & sunset times for the next twelve months. The Tanzania sunrise & sunset times shown below are for Dar es Salaam.
|Date||Sunrise times||Sunset times|
|Friday, 1st May 2020||06:24||18:16|
|Saturday, 16th May 2020||06:25||18:13|
|Sunday, 31st May 2020||06:28||18:13|
- Explore the latest offers on IHG hotels in Tanzania
- Book direcly with IHG online & get the lowest rate
- Join the IHG Rewards Club for discounts, benefits & more
More Tanzania destinations
- Dar es Salaam
- Ikoma, Serengeti
- Lake Manyara
- Mafia Island
- Pemba Island
- Ruaha National Park
- Selous Game Reserve
- Seronera, Serengeti
- Tarangire National Park
Get FREE travel offers
Sign up to receive the latest deals and exclusive discounts on holidays, flights, hotels and more, plus inspiration on where to go when
We promise not to share your details