- Combine flights + hotel & save up to 15% on holiday bookings
- Search for holiday deals for destinations worldwide
- Filter offers by price, board basis, star rating & accommodation
Penang weather in May 2020
Get the latest coronavirus (COVID-19) updates for Malaysia with current travel advice, statistics and online resources.
- 3131°C max day temperature
- 1818 days with some rainfall
- 2323°C min night temperature
- 1212 hours of daylight per day
- VHVery High heat & humidity
- 259259 mm of monthly rainfall
- 1111+ (Extreme) UV index
- 3030°C sea temperature
The May weather guide for Penang, Malaysia shows long term weather averages processed from data supplied by CRU (University of East Anglia), the Met Office & the Netherlands Meteorological Institute. Find out more about our data sources.
How hot is it in Penang in May?
Daytime temperatures usually reach 31°C in Penang in May with very high heat and humidity, falling to 23°C at night.
How sunny is it in Penang in May?
There are normally 7 hours of bright sunshine each day in Penang in May - that's 53% of daylight hours.
How warm is the sea around Penang in May?
The average sea temperature around Penang in May is 30°C.
Does it rain in Penang in May?
There are usually 18 days with some rain in Penang in May and the average monthly rainfall is 259mm.
Penang sunrise & sunset times for May 2020
Browse the sunrise & sunset times for Penang in May 2020. Select a month to view Penang sunrise & sunset times for the next twelve months.
|Date||Sunrise times||Sunset times|
|Friday, 1st May 2020||07:06||19:25|
|Saturday, 16th May 2020||07:04||19:26|
|Sunday, 31st May 2020||07:04||19:29|
- Save on holidays to Asia & Far East with latest special offers
- Book holidays to Thailand, Bali, Hong Kong & more
- Filter offers by board basis, price, star rating & more
Metric (°C / mm) | Imperial (°F / inches)
Discover more about Malaysia
Where's hot in Malaysia in May?
Below are average maximum temperatures at popular destinations in Malaysia in May. Select a destination to see more weather parameters.
Get your weekly fix of holiday inspiration from some of the world's best travel writers plus save on your next trip with the latest exclusive offers
We promise not to share your details
Popular travel offers
*affiliate links: find out how we are funded and why this helps us remain free to use.