- Save on hotel stays in San Francisco, California with Hilton
- Browse available hotels on a map to find the perfect location
- Book online with Hilton Hotels for the lowest price
California weather in January 2020
- 2020°C max day temperature
- 55 days with some rainfall
- 88°C min night temperature
- 1010 hours of daylight per day
- 0No heat & humidity
- 8080 mm of monthly rainfall
- 33 (Moderate) UV index
The January weather guide for California, represented by Los Angeles, shows long term weather averages processed from data supplied by CRU (University of East Anglia), the Met Office & the Netherlands Meteorological Institute. Find out more about our data sources.
Metric (°C / mm) | Imperial (°F / inches)
Guide to California weather in January
The average maximum daytime temperature in California in January is a comfortable 20°C (68°F). The average night-time temperature is usually a cool 8°C (46°F). There are usually 7 hours of bright sunshine each day, which represents 70% of the 10 hours of daylight.
Expect 80mm (3.1 inches) of rainfall across the whole of January with 5 days with some rain falling. Maximum UV levels will be moderate (3 UV index) at midday when the skies are clear.
The weather in California in January is represented by Los Angeles.
California sunrise & sunset times for January 2020
Browse the sunrise & sunset times for California in January 2020. Select a month to view California sunrise & sunset times for the next twelve months. The California sunrise & sunset times shown below are for Los Angeles.
|Date||Sunrise times||Sunset times|
|Wednesday, 1st January 2020||06:59||16:55|
|Thursday, 16th January 2020||06:58||17:07|
|Friday, 31st January 2020||06:51||17:22|
- Save at least 15% on hotels in the Booking.com getaway sale
- Book hotels in Rome, Bangkok, Marrakech & more
- Travel before 31st August 2019 (inclusive)
Discover more about California
Popular California destinations
Below are average maximum temperatures at popular destinations in California in January. Select a destination to see more weather parameters.
Get FREE travel offers
Sign up to receive the latest deals and exclusive discounts on holidays, flights, hotels and more, plus inspiration on where to go when
We promise not to share your details