Introducing TUI: the new name for Thomson Holidays
After weeks of anticipation, the big change has finally happened - Thomson is now officially TUI. Here, we take a look at what TUI has planned and attempt to answer some of your questions about the change from Thomson to TUI.
- Introducing TUI
- What will you be able to book with TUI?
- What's new from TUI?
- Latest special offers & online deals
- Where can you go with TUI in 2018?
- TUI FAQs
TUI Group is said to be the largest travel company in the world. Based in Hannover, Germany, it has acquired many tour operators over the years, with Thomson joining the world of TUI in the mid-noughties.
In 2015, it was announced that TUI would be unifying its various brands into one single identity. While the name is new, the look and feel remains very much the same: TUI's comforting blue and familiar big red 'smile', which were adopted by Thomson more than a decade ago, will continue to be the face of the brand.
Crucially, TUI will continue to offer, among other things, the great value deals on breaks that holidaymakers have come to expect from Thomson. TUI's holiday collections have also had a makeover with more emphasis on meeting the specific needs of different types of holidaymakers, from families and couples to groups.
Did you know? TUI has owned Thomson for more than 10 years
What will you be able to book with TUI?
Just like Thomson, TUI will offer holidays, cruises, and flights for every budget and taste. Take a look below to see the main types of travel you will be able to book with TUI in 2017/2018:
- Holidays - Book the holiday you know and love with TUI, which will offer breaks to all corners of the globe. From basic to luxury, discover Europe, the Caribbean, Asia, the Americas and Africa.
- Flights - Build your ideal flight package with TUI. You'll be able to find the right fare to destinations such as Florida, the Canaries, or Mexico and add any extras you like such as checked baggage and inflight meals.
- Cruises - Whether you want to cruise in Scandinavia, the Med or the Caribbean, TUI will have a range of cruises and cruise options for everyone aboard its comfortable fleet.
- City breaks - Experience some of the world's most intoxicating cities with a city break from TUI. Durations will vary from three to seven days, and you can pick the hotel that's right for you. Destinations include Hong Kong, Bangkok, Las Vegas and Miami.
- Lakes & Mountains - Go for the weather, stay for the views on a TUI Lakes & Mountains break. Find beauty in every corner of Italy, Austria, Slovenia, Switzerland and Germany.
- Multi centres - Why visit just one destination when you can visit two? TUI's multi centre holidays will let you experience the best of both worlds, combining a bit of beach time with the bright lights of the city thrown in too. Choose from TUI's multi centre breaks in Morocco, Cuba, Vietnam, India and many more.
What's new from TUI?
Those familiar with Thomson will already know of its various holiday collections, and you'll be pleased to know that these aren't disappearing overnight. TUI is working to develop and expand these collections with even more choice. You will be able to choose from the following TUI holiday collections:
|TUI Family Life||✓||✓|
|TUI Magic Life||✓||✓||✓|
Where can you go with TUI in 2018?
TUI brings destinations around the globe closer than ever before with holidays, cruises and flights to places in Europe, the Caribbean, Asia, the Americas and Africa. The really tricky part is deciding where you want to go...
- Africa & the Middle East - Cape Verde, Egypt, Morocco, South Africa, UAE
- Asia - Hong Kong, India, Malaysia, Singapore, Sri Lanka, Thailand, Vietnam
- Caribbean & Central America - Aruba, Barbados, Costa Rica, Cuba, Dominican Republic, Jamaica, Mexico, St Lucia
- Europe - Austria, Balearic Islands, Bulgaria, Canary Islands, Croatia, Cyprus, France, Germany, Greece, Iceland, Italy, Malta, Montenegro, Portugal, Slovenia, Spain, Switzerland, Turkey
- Indian Ocean - Maldives, Mauritius
- North America - USA
If you have any queries or concerns about the upcoming changes, do check out a few crucial TUI FAQs:
When will these changes happen?
Thomson officially changed to TUI on 18th October 2017.
I've booked a holiday with Thomson - will these changes affect my holiday?
No. Bookings made with Thomson will not be affected, and your payments remain safe and guaranteed with TUI.
How do I know my bookings with TUI will be safe?
Just like Thomson, TUI is a member of ABTA and ATOL protected.
Will I still find great value holidays with TUI?
Absolutely! TUI will offer fabulous holiday deals, low fares on flights, cruise options and much more for all holidaymakers.
The change from Thomson to TUI is an exciting one, with promises of increased flexibility and more choice than ever. Whether you've frequently holidayed with Thomson in the past or just like to sound of getting to know TUI, it's set to be a seamless process, and all you need to do is look for that friendly big red 'smile'. Don't forget, you can find the latest deals and discount codes on holidays from TUI right here at Weather2Travel.com.
Get FREE travel offers
Sign up to receive the latest deals and exclusive discounts on holidays, flights, hotels and more, plus inspiration on where to go when
We promise not to share your details