- Save up to 10% on all inclusive holidays to Croatia
- Book online with First Choice to receive discount
- FREE kids places & low deposits also available
Cheap Croatia holiday deals 2017/2018: Offers on holidays
Finding cheap holidays to Croatia for 2017/2018 is easier than ever before, as we've gathered the very latest special offers and online deals in one place, just for you. Browse great value breaks from leading holiday companies before reading more about Croatia, and why it's continuing to draw in more holidaymakers year-on-year.
- Cheap Croatia holidays
- All inclusive holidays
- Croatia family holidays
- Croatia sailing holidays
- Luxury Croatia holidays
- Dubrovnik holidays
- Split holidays
- Hvar holidays
- Other resorts in Croatia
- Key facts about Croatia
- Croatia weather guide
Cheap holidays to Croatia 2017/2018
Whatever takes you on a cheap holiday to Croatia, be it the beaches, the history, the great outdoors or the luxurious hotels, you're sure to find a cracking deal or online discount to help keep costs down:
- Save up to 25% on hotels in Europe, Middle East & Africa
- Book hotel stays with up to 20% off Best Available rates
- Extra 5% discount when you become Hilton HHonors member
- Travel before 31st December 2018 (inclusive)
- Save £50 on holidays between February & May 2018
- Minimum spend of £750 - Flying with Thomas Cook Airlines
- Travel between 1st Feb & 31st May 2018 (inclusive)
- Get FREE hire car when you book flights & villa holidays in 2018
- Plus FREE airport parking. Pay £100 per person low deposit
- Alternative airport transfer available for selected destinations
- Travel between 24th Mar & 31st Dec 2018 (inclusive)
- Save an extra £20 per person on Scene holidays with TUI
- Minimum spend of £600 per booking
- Travel between 1st May & 31st Aug 2018 (inclusive)
- Book cheap holidays in 2017/2018 from just £8 pp/pn
- Save on family & couples breaks and all inclusive holidays
- £50 deposits - final payment 2 weeks before you fly
- Browse the latest special offers on villa holidays
- Book villa only or villa+flight deals to destinations worldwide
- Save on Holiday Resorts, shared & private villas in 2017/2018
- Save on short haul low fares with Thomas Cook Airlines
- Check lowest prices on Economy & Premium class by month
- Book flights to Spain, Greece, Turkey, Canaries & more
- Save up to 50% on last minute summer holidays
- Book villas in France, Greece, Italy, Spain & Portugal
- Stay at luxury accommodation from villas to chateaux
- Save on Ryanair flights - Prices from £9.99 one way
- Book flights to destinations across Europe with Ryanair
- No Ryanair discount code required
- Book escorted tours to Europe in summer 2018
- Prices start from just £279 per person
- Visit popular destinations across Europe & beyond
- Save up to 9% on holidays to Croatia
- Book online with TUI to receive discount
- FREE kids places & low deposits also available
- Browse the latest deals & offers on tours to Croatia
- Filter deals by date, duration, tour type & difficulty
- Prices shown with & without flights where available
- Book online & save up to £20 on flights to Croatia
- Check low fares on TUI flights to Dubrovnik, Pula & Split
- £20 discount on return flights (£10 one way)
- Discover the best holiday deals to Croatia
- Check out the latest late deals or seach for a specific dates
- Pay low holiday deposits from £49 per person
- Find low prices on flights to Croatia
- Discover the cheapest price, airlines & flight times
- Search for the best deals before you book
- Search Momondo for cheap flights to Croatia
- Find the best prices & flight routes from top airlines
- Compare leading flight offers before booking online
- Find cheap flights to Croatia with Skyscanner
- Search by departure airport to find best airline routes
- Enter exact dates, months or find the cheapest month
- Save £100 per person on holidays to Croatia
- £200 per couple/£400 for a family of 4 + low deposits
- Depart from northern airports across the UK
- Browse the latest holiday deals to Croatia
- Holidays start from just £227 per person
- Low deposits available from £50 per person
- Save on holidays to Croatia with easyJet holidays
- Explore top destinations and hotels in Croatia
- Search for deals based on star rating, board basis & more
- Save on holidays to Croatia with Thomas Cook
- Browse the latest deals & savings including kids for £1
- Filter holidays by price, board basis, type & departure airport
- Book online & save up to 10% on summer holidays to Croatia
- Pay low deposits from £49 per person
- FREE child places also available for summer 2018
- Save on holidays & tours to Croatia with Travelsphere
- Prices start from £699 per person (including all travel)
- Filter results by holiday type, travel dates & price
- Book tours & holidays to Croatia with G Adventures
- Tour prices start from just £539 per person
- Filter holidays by date, price, activity, duration & difficulty
- Browse the latest solo holiday deals to Croatia
- Prices start from just £899 including all travel
- Filter results by preferred price, travel dates & holiday type
- Browse the top holiday offers to Croatia
- Destinations include Dubrovnik & Split
- Filter deals by price, star rating, duration, month & more
- Explore the latest offers on holidays to Croatia
- Filter deals by departure airport, price & star rating
- Holiday prices shown are per person
If you're not quite ready to book your cheap holiday to Croatia for 2017/2018, remember to check back before you do to ensure you're getting the very best and most recent offer, as they do change.
All inclusive holidays to Croatia
Who doesn't love an all inclusive holiday? Pack up your troubles and let someone else do the planning for you. When you book a cheap all inclusive holiday to Croatia you can expect to choose from a range of top resorts, well equipped with everything to make your relaxing break a real success. Five of the best all inclusive places to stay on a cheap holiday to Croatia include:
- Kalamota Island Resort by Karisma, Kolocep
- Sol Aurora All Inclusive, Umag
- Remisens Hotel Albatros, Cavtat
- All Inclusive Light Allegro Hotel, Rabac
- Bluesun Resort Bonaca, Bol
While specifics vary from resort to resort, and depending on the type of all inclusive deal you book, typically you can look forward to the following being included as part of your package when you book a cheap all inclusive holiday to Croatia:
- transfers to/from your resort
- all meals and snacks
- local soft drinks, beer and wine
- certain activities and lessons
- kids' clubs and games
Please note: always read the small print of your cheap all inclusive holiday to Croatia booking to check what is and isn't included to avoid any unexpected bills on check out.
Croatia family holidays
Cheap holidays to Croatia are ideal for families looking for great value sun, sea and fun. From all inclusive resorts with kids' clubs, play areas and more to self catering apartments and local family-friendly accommodation, Croatia really does have it all. If you're thinking of a cheap family holiday to Croatia in 2017/2018, check out the following hotels which are known for being great places to stay for both big and little kids:
- Falkensteiner Family Hotel Diadora, Petrcane
- Waterman Svpetrvs Resort, Supetar
- Falkensteiner Club Funimation Borik, Zadar
- Valamar Club Tamaris, Tar
- Bluesun Hotel Neptun, Tucepi
- Sol Garden Istra, Umag
- Bluesun Resort Bonaca, Bol
- Sol Amfora Apartments, Umag
- Park Plaza Verudela Pula, Pula
- Melia Istrian Villas, Umag
Things to do on a cheap family holiday to Croatia
Croatia is a real treat for families. Not only are there many great online deals and discounts to help you find cheap holidays to Croatia, it's also wallet friendly once you arrive, or at least it can be if you're on a budget. Whether you simply bask in the warm summer weather and make the most of the great outdoors or opt to visit some of the country's main family focused attractions, you won't be stuck for things to do.
There's a real mix of pebbly and sandy beaches in Croatia, but all have beautifully clear water that's ideal for swimming, playing and water sports. Some great family activities include hiring kayaks and exploring the coast or going for a snorkel around one of the many islands. Then there's the chance to try new things such as windsurfing lessons. Whatever type of beach experience you want on your cheap family holiday to Croatia, you'll find it. As well as making the most of the stunning sea, families on cheap holidays to Croatia could also visit the following attractions:
- get snap happy on a Jeep safari in the Velebit Mountains near Starigrad
- climb the high ropes and zip lines at Glavani Adventure Park, Glavani
- take on Croatia's tallest water slide at Aquapark Istralandia, Novigrad
- try white water rafting down the Cetina River near Split
- ride Croatia's fastest zip line, Omiš
Please note: age restrictions do apply to some of the activities and attractions
On top of these great things to do with kids on cheap holidays to Croatia, there's also a wealth of museums, historic sites, cycle trails, hikes and much more to look forward to. As for the food, Croatia is also great for kids with a real Italian flavour including lots of pizza and pasta for picky eaters.
Croatia sailing holidays
If you're thinking of taking to the high seas of the Adriatic on a cheap holiday to Croatia then you have plenty of options. From private skippered trips to group cruises and bareboat charters, there's a cheap Croatia sailing holiday for everyone.
You'll find a wide range of companies offering all types of sailing holidays, from hands on to very much hands off, so the choice really is yours. Some of the main Croatia sailing holidays you can book on a cheap holiday to Croatia include:
Whether you go for the lively 18 to 30 type party cruise or something a little more relaxed, a group cruise is a great way to see the sights and meet new people at the same time. It's also often the more budget friendly of all the Croatia sailing holidays although in no way any less of an experience.
The options vary from company to company, but you can expect to find deals on anything from one to seven or more nights, across a spectrum of interests from youthful party boats taking in great snorkelling and swimming spots, to more luxurious, laid back affairs stopping at some of the country's finest port towns and historic sites.
Private sailing trips
If you feel like a little privacy on your cheap holiday to Croatia, you might consider booking a yacht charter just for you and your family. There are many companies offering trips for as many nights as you like complete with skipper and crew to make your journey an enjoyable and memorable one. You can even take part in plotting your course, choosing the sites and places that you want to see the most.
DIY sailing trips
This is a great option for pros keen to explore the Dalmatian Coast on a cheap holiday to Croatia. If you're a trained and qualified skipper who fancies setting your own pace, then a bareboat charter may be for you. There are countless companies offering a range of vessels, so the key here is to do your homework and find the right company and yacht for you.
Please note: any skippers hoping to sail in Croatia must have a RYA Day Skipper Practical certificate or RYA ICC qualification. Please check the current requirements before you set sail.
Luxury Croatia holidays
As a relative newcomer on the holiday destination scene, Croatia certainly has corned the market when it comes to offering a bit of luxury. There are countless five star hotels and resorts dotted all along its coast, not to mention burgeoning gourmet restaurants, designer shops and activities such as sailing. If you fancy staying somewhere special on your cheap holiday to Croatia in 2017/2018, check out the following for some seriously suave accommodation:
- Falkensteiner Hotel & Spa Iadera, Petrcane
- Lesic Dimitri Palace, Korcula
- Villa Dubrovnik, Dubrovnik
- Radisson Blu Resort & Spa at Dubrovnik Sun Gardens, Dubrovnik
- Grand Villa Argentina, Dubrovnik
- Importanne Resort Dubrovnik, Dubrovnik
- Kempinski Hotel Adriatic Istria Croatia, Umag
- Melia Coral, Umag
- Le Meridien Lav Split, Split
- Hotel Monte Mulini, Rovinj
Best spas in Croatia
No luxury break would be complete without a bit of pampering, and when you're on your cheap holiday to Croatia, you'll find the options are almost endless. From five star resorts to local wellness centres and thermal springs, Croatia is has a toplice (spa) for everyone. Five of the country's best you might want to check out on a cheap holiday to Croatia include:
- The Spa at Hotel Lone, Rovinj
- Terme Tuhelj Hotel Well, Tuhelj
- Novi Spa Hotel & Resort, Novi Vinodolski
- Istarske Toplice Health Resort, Livade
- Five Elements Wellness & Spa at the Hotel Ambasador Opatija
Dubrovnik has soared in popularity in recent years. As well as its iconic walled old town (a UNESCO world heritage site no less) and many historic sites of interest, it's also a great base for enjoying a beach break and visiting neighbouring islands. As such, it welcomes a wide variety of holidaymakers, from budget to luxury travellers, and adventurous culture vultures to the laidback after some seaside R&R. If you're planning a trip to Dubrovnik on your cheap holiday to Croatia, you won't be disappointed.
Top things to do in & around Dubrovnik
Dubrovnik is far more than just a pretty face, with a great interior that begs to be explored. If you're taking a cheap holiday to Croatia and like the sound of Dubrovnik, be it for a day or your whole holiday, consider the following five main things to see and do:
- walk the walls - climb up on to the ancient walls that encircle the old town, and enjoy the views out to sea, over the port and across the pretty terracotta rooftops while walking just over a mile all the way round - tip: get there early and beat the crowds
- discover the old town - once you've seen it from above, dive into the narrow streets to get a real feel for the magnitude that is Dubrovnik's old town - visit the clock tower, Cathedral of the Assumption and Onofrio's Fountain among other attractions
- take a city tour - a great way to get the most from Dubrovnik's old town is to take a guided city tour. From the ultimate Game of Thrones walk visiting various locations where it the famed show was filmed, to tours with a specific slant on history, food or cycling, whichever way you want to see the city on your cheap holiday to Croatia, you can
- ride the cable car - rise above it all with a ride on the cable car to the peak of Srd Hill, complete with snack bar and shop at the top. From here you will have splendid views across the Adriatic, the old town and the wider area - quite something
- enjoy a day trip - thanks to its location, Dubrovnik is a great base for exploring not only nearby islands and places in Croatia such as Konavle Valley and Split, but other destinations such as Mostar in Bosnia and Herzegovina, and Montenegro
If you like the sound of a guided tour of the city, check out the latest deals from Viator in Dubrovnik, which offers great rates on trips and excursions when you book in advance online.
Beaches in Dubrovnik are a mix of pebble, rock and sand, and generally more intimate in size. Unlike the long stretches you find on, say, the southern coast of Spain, Dubrovnik's beaches are smaller but no less enchanting. Expect to see invitingly clear turquoise waters and plenty of spots to soak up the sun.
Much like other destinations around Europe, the beaches near Dubrovnik offer a mix of managed and unmanaged, meaning that if you want privacy and seclusions you'll find, just like if you want somewhere well equipped with sunloungers, umbrellas and cafes. You can visit the following beaches in and around Dubrovnik on your cheap holiday to Croatia in 2017/2018:
- Banje Beach - this is the closest to the old town with the best views to boot. Here you'll find amenities and facilities such as loungers and umbrellas for hire
- Copacabana Beach - located on the Babin Kuk peninsula, this is a fab family beach with shallow water and a nearby water park, plus plenty of water sport options such as wind surfing and water skiing
- Sv Jakov Beach - a locals' favourite, this beach is tucked away past the Hotel Argentina and a former monastery - a treat for those after some seclusion away from the hustle
- Lokrum island - lying mere metres from Dubrovnik, this delightful island makes a great day trip; it's a haven for those who want to swim, snorkel and make the most of the sunshine, just remember to bring supplies as it remains uninhabited
- Lopud islands - it's said that Lopud is home to the best beach in Dubrovnik, Sunj Beach, and it's easy to see why; expect fine white sand and plenty of boats whizzing in and out, but not many amenities
Another way to see the best of Dubrovnik's beaches on a cheap holiday to Croatia is to take to the water. There are loads of fun ways to get active at sea, from kayaking and windsurfing to snorkeling and swimming. If you feel like seriously getting to grips with the coastline, try and guided sea kayak tour or perhaps a surf lesson.
Split is a well known port, which sits some 100 miles northwest of Dubrovnik. It's Croatia's second largest city, after the capital Zagreb, and every year it's flooded with holidaymakers keen to get under the skin of its historic centre and stunning surrounding countryside. It's also become easier and easier to access, with more companies offering flights and cheap holidays to Croatia via Split from around the UK.
Given its ever increasing popularity, you won't struggle to find fantastic accommodation in Split. Five of the best places to stay on a cheap holiday to Croatia when you visit Split, include:
- Palace Judita Heritage Hotel
- Radisson Blu Resort Split
- Hotel Slavija
- Hotel Luxe
- Divota Apartment Hotel
As for things to see and do in and around Split on your cheap holiday to Croatia, you're really spoiled for choice. There are numerous day trip options which you can take to nearby beaches and bays, as well as many land based activities such as cycling, hiking and camping.
In the city itself, don't want to miss a walk along the marble-paved promenade at dusk - simply stunning. Grab an enormous slice of pizza from one of the take away windows, and watch the world go by before trying one of the many stylish bars and restaurants. By day, you can't go wrong with wandering the winding streets of the old town - keep an eye open for the Renaissance-era mounted clock while you visit the following attractions:
- inspect the 4th century Roman Diocletian's Palace
- climb the stairs to the top of the bell tower at the Cathedral of Saint Domnius
- check out the Ivan Mestrovic Gallery, an art museum dedicated to the late sculptor
- take a trek in Marjan Forest Park for splendid views across Split
- watch a game of picigin on secluded Bacvice Beach
The island of Hvar is a large and pretty one with fertile hillsides blanketed in pine forests, vineyards and orchards that lead down to quaint towns and even more precious bays with mainly pebbly beaches, although you will find a small selection of shallow sandy beaches on the north side of the island.
Much like Croatia as a whole, Hvar is on the up, seeing a surge in the number of people visiting thanks to cheap holidays to Croatia which have revealed its beauty to the wider world. Hvar is frequently listed as one of Croatia's top islands, and has a blend of accommodation, eateries and bars to suit all, from budget to boutique and luxe travellers.
When it comes to what to do on the island aside from indulging at the beach, you can expect to find everything from outdoor activities such as cycling, hiking, sailing and camping, to boat trips to the neighbouring Paklinski islands, and trips to historic sites in the likes of Hvar town. Other popular destinations which attract those on cheap holidays to Croatia include include the towns of Jelsa, Stari Grad and Sucuraj, while smaller bolt holes such as Brusje, Milna and Zavala are also favoured by holidaymakers.
If you're keen to see the island's main sights, then the main go-to features that you are likely to see on a cheap holiday to Croatia, include:
- Hvar fortress (or citadel), Hvar town
- Franciscan Monastery & Museum, Hvar town
- Cathedral of St. Stephen, Hvar town
If you like the sound of visiting Hvar or perhaps one of Croatia's many other islands, take some inspiration from our blog on finding the right Croatian island for you, whatever your interest.
How to get to Hvar
Typically, you will need to go to Split or Drvenik where you can take a ferry or catamaran to get to Hvar on a cheap holiday to Croatia. Ferries from Split to Stari Grad and from Drvenik to Sucuraj take cars. There are also international ferry lines to Hvar from Italy, and other ferry lines which depart from various ports along the coast that stop in Hvar.
Other resorts in Croatia
As well as big hitters such as Dubrovnik, Split and Hvar island, Croatia has many other delightful destinations that have plenty to offer holidaymakers. Some of the many places you may like to consider visiting on your cheap holiday to Croatia in 2017/2018 include:
Located on Croatia's northwest coast, Porec is a very pretty city perched on a peninsula that stretches out into the Adriatic Sea in Istria county. It's not far from the border with Slovenia, and a mere 64 miles southeast across the sea from Venice. It's easy to see why people love visiting Porec as it has a bit of everything: history, culture, stunning scenery, and beautiful beaches. If you're planning a cheap holiday to Croatia and want to see Porec for yourself, consider doing one or all of the following activities:
- Hit the beach
A series of lagoons running from Porec to neighbouring Zelena to the south make up the majority of the region's well known beaches. Plava Laguna, near Porec, is one of the busiest, loved for swimming and well equipped with sunloungers, tavernas and play areas.
At the other end, near Zelena, you'll find Delfin Beach, which has more of a party vibe and plenty of activities to boot, such as volleyball and parasailing. There are bars, restaurants and sunloungers for hire here too. While these two cater to the needs of every holidaymaker, there are numerous other coves and bays along the way which are quieter and equally as inviting. Travel between the beaches on the small road train which takes 30 minutes from Porec to Zelena.
- Explore the history
At nearly 2,000 years old, and strategically placed at the northern end of the Adriatic, Porec has been home to many empirical elements including the Romans, Venetians and Byzantines among others, and was even heavily bombed by the Allies during WW2.
As such, it's a veritable playground for history lovers with a wide variety of architecture to admire and interesting sites to see. Chiefly, there's the small old harbour and, of course, the town's crown jewel: the well preserved Euphrasia's Basilica, a UNESCO World Heritage site that dates back to the 6th century. Don't miss the local Museum of Porec Territory, which looks at the history of the city and surrounding area from the prehistoric times to the modern day.
- Take a day trip
If you fancy seeing more of the surrounding county - or even countries - then Porec makes a fabulous base. Choose from meandering local day cruises along the coast to boat trips as far as Venice, or head across the border to Lake Bled in Slovenia. You can also visit the likes of nearby towns such as Rovinj or gaze upon the stalactites and stalagmites of Postojna Caves.
Zadar is a beautiful blend of old and new, where Roman ruins rub shoulders with trendy bars, cafes and boutique hotels. The old town, which has quite the Italian flavour, is set on a peninsula that runs alongside the mainland and the more modern part of the city. What with the coming and going of cruise ships, yachts, tours and travellers, Zadar is a real hive of activity on the Dalmatian coast, and one that you shouldn't miss on a cheap holiday to Croatia.
The old town of Zadar is really one giant attraction in its own right, with many curious ruins, walls, gates and points of interest popping up along the way. Five of the top things to do in Zadar on a cheap holiday to Croatia aside from simply wandering the pretty streets and drinking in the atmosphere include:
- investigate the history-rich fortress walls with its bastions, gates and fortifications which encircled the old town of Zadar
- explore the Roman forum, which is hard to miss and certainly worth the visit when in Zadar
- climb to the top of the Kapetanova Kula (or Captain's Tower) for magnificent views
- check out St. Donatus Church, the bell tower and the Cathedral of St. Anastasia, all located right beside one another, and impossible to miss
- lose yourself in one of the many museums such as the National Museum of adar, thee Gold and Silver Museum of Zadar, or the Museum of Ancient Glass Zadar among others
Tip: if you're heading to the old town, skip the Most Bridge which links the peninsula to the mainland, and go for the Barajoli ferry boat instead.
Zadar also has plenty to offer those on cheap holidays to Croatia who are keen to get out of the city and explore the surrounding area, from beaches within easy reach to inland trails and hikes. Make a beeline for the wilderness at Paklenica National Park or the waterfalls of Krka National Park, and if you're taking a day trip, don't miss the chance to see the Plitvice Lakes.
Key facts about Croatia
If you're tempted to book one of the cheap holidays to Croatia in 2017/2018, here are a few basic facts about the nation to help you on your way:
- Flight time from London (UK): 2.5 hours
- Time zone: Central European Time (UTC +1), Central European Summer Time (UTC +2)
- Currency: Croatian kuna
- Driving: right-hand side
- Major airports: Dubrovnik Airport (DBV), Split Airport (SPU), Zagreb International Airport (ZAG)
As well as keeping an eye on the latest online deals and discounts, you'll find many fantastic savings from the following companies which offer cheap holidays to Croatia for 2017/2018:
Some say that Croatia today is what the Mediterranean once was before the tower blocks and crowds descended. There's no denying that Croatia's popularity is on the up, but there are still plenty of untouched places to explore that guarantee great weather in summer and are affordable. There's also a bit of everything for everyone, which is why Croatia really is a winner when it comes ideal holiday destinations. Remember to check out our latest online deals to get the best cheap holidays to Croatia for 2017/2018.
Get FREE travel offers
Sign up to receive the latest deals and exclusive discounts on holidays, flights, hotels and more, plus inspiration on where to go when
We promise not to share your details