- Save at least 15% on hotels in the Booking.com getaway sale
- Book hotels in Rome, Bangkok, Marrakech & more
- Travel before 31st August 2019 (inclusive)
North Carolina weather in August 2019
- 3131°C max day temperature
- 1010 days with some rainfall
- 1919°C min night temperature
- 1313 hours of daylight per day
- HHigh heat & humidity
- 114114 mm of monthly rainfall
- 99 (Very High) UV index
The August weather guide for North Carolina, represented by Raleigh, shows long term weather averages processed from data supplied by CRU (University of East Anglia), the Met Office & the Netherlands Meteorological Institute. Find out more about our data sources.
Metric (°C / mm) | Imperial (°F / inches)
Guide to North Carolina weather in August
The average maximum daytime temperature in North Carolina in August is a hot 31°C (88°F) with high heat & humidity. The average night-time temperature is usually a comfortable 19°C (66°F). There are usually 8 hours of bright sunshine each day, which represents 59% of the 13 hours of daylight.
Expect 114mm (4.5 inches) of rainfall across the whole of August with 10 days with some rain falling. Maximum UV levels will be very high (9 UV index) at midday when the skies are clear.
The weather in North Carolina in August is represented by Raleigh.
North Carolina sunrise & sunset times for August 2019
Browse the sunrise & sunset times for North Carolina in August 2019. Select a month to view North Carolina sunrise & sunset times for the next twelve months. The North Carolina sunrise & sunset times shown below are for Raleigh.
|Date||Sunrise times||Sunset times|
|Thursday, 1st August 2019||06:22||20:19|
|Friday, 16th August 2019||06:34||20:03|
|Saturday, 31st August 2019||06:46||19:44|
- Save an EXTRA 10% on private car transfers & taxis
- Book Sedan, SUV or Limo at 90 airports worldwide
- Enter GO Airport Shuttle discount code when searching
Discover more about the USA
More North Carolina destinations
- Roanoke Island
Get FREE travel offers
Sign up to receive the latest deals and exclusive discounts on holidays, flights, hotels and more, plus inspiration on where to go when
We promise not to share your details