- Book flights to Atlanta from the UK with Virgin Atlantic
- Depart from London Heathrow & Manchester
- Join Flying Club & earn miles with every booking
Atlanta weather in August 2019
- 3131°C max day temperature
- 99 days with some rainfall
- 2020°C min night temperature
- 1313 hours of daylight per day
- HHigh heat & humidity
- 8686 mm of monthly rainfall
- 1010 (Very High) UV index
The August weather guide for Atlanta, Georgia shows long term weather averages processed from data supplied by CRU (University of East Anglia), the Met Office & the Netherlands Meteorological Institute. Find out more about our data sources.
Metric (°C / mm) | Imperial (°F / inches)
Guide to Atlanta weather in August
The average maximum daytime temperature in Atlanta in August is a hot 31°C (88°F) with high heat & humidity. The average night-time temperature is usually a comfortable 20°C (68°F). There are usually 8 hours of bright sunshine each day, which represents 62% of the 13 hours of daylight.
Expect 86mm (3.4 inches) of rainfall across the whole of August with 9 days with some rain falling. Maximum UV levels will be very high (10 UV index) at midday when the skies are clear.
Atlanta sunrise & sunset times for August 2019
Browse the sunrise & sunset times for Atlanta in August 2019. Select a month to view Atlanta sunrise & sunset times for the next twelve months.
|Date||Sunrise times||Sunset times|
|Thursday, 1st August 2019||06:49||20:38|
|Friday, 16th August 2019||07:00||20:23|
|Saturday, 31st August 2019||07:11||20:05|
- Save on hotel stays in Atlanta, Georgia with Hilton
- Browse available hotels on a map to find the perfect location
- Book online with Hilton Hotels for the lowest price
Discover more about the USA
More Georgia destinations
Get FREE travel offers
Sign up to receive the latest deals and exclusive discounts on holidays, flights, hotels and more, plus inspiration on where to go when
We promise not to share your details