- Book flights to San Francisco from the UK with Virgin Atlantic
- Depart from London Heathrow Airport
- Join Flying Club & earn miles with every booking
San Francisco weather in August 2019
- 2020°C max day temperature
- 11 day with some rainfall
- 1313°C min night temperature
- 1414 hours of daylight per day
- 0No heat & humidity
- 22 mm of monthly rainfall
- 99 (Very High) UV index
- 1414°C sea temperature
The August weather guide for San Francisco, California shows long term weather averages processed from data supplied by CRU (University of East Anglia), the Met Office & the Netherlands Meteorological Institute. Find out more about our data sources.
Metric (°C / mm) | Imperial (°F / inches)
Guide to San Francisco weather in August
The average maximum daytime temperature in San Francisco in August is a comfortable 20°C (68°F). The average night-time temperature is usually a cool 13°C (55°F). There are usually 10 hours of bright sunshine each day, which represents 70% of the 14 hours of daylight.
Expect 2mm (0.1 inches) of rainfall across the whole of August with 1 day with some rain falling. Maximum UV levels will be very high (9 UV index) at midday when the skies are clear.
The average sea temperature in and around San Francisco in August is 14°C (57°F).
San Francisco sunrise & sunset times for August 2019
Browse the sunrise & sunset times for San Francisco in August 2019. Select a month to view San Francisco sunrise & sunset times for the next twelve months.
|Date||Sunrise times||Sunset times|
|Thursday, 1st August 2019||06:13||20:18|
|Friday, 16th August 2019||06:26||20:01|
|Saturday, 31st August 2019||06:39||19:41|
- Pre-book San Francisco car hire online & save
- FREE additional driver available for San Francisco Airport
- Plus FREE breakdown assistance on all US rentals
Discover more about San Francisco
Popular California destinations
Below are average maximum temperatures at popular destinations in California in August. Select a destination to see more weather parameters.
Get FREE travel offers
Sign up to receive the latest deals and exclusive discounts on holidays, flights, hotels and more, plus inspiration on where to go when
We promise not to share your details