- Save up to £300 on holidays in 2019/2020
- Min spend: £300 off £3,500, £150 off £1,750 & £75 off £800
- Travel before 31st October 2020 (inclusive)
Funchal weather in August 2019
- 2323°C max day temperature
- 33 days with some rainfall
- 1717°C min night temperature
- 1313 hours of daylight per day
- LLow heat & humidity
- 1212 mm of monthly rainfall
- 1010 (Very High) UV index
- 2323°C sea temperature
The August weather guide for Funchal, Madeira shows long term weather averages processed from data supplied by CRU (University of East Anglia), the Met Office & the Netherlands Meteorological Institute. Find out more about our data sources.
Metric (°C / mm) | Imperial (°F / inches)
Guide to Funchal weather in August
The average maximum daytime temperature in Funchal in August is a warm 23°C (73°F) with low heat & humidity. The average night-time temperature is usually a comfortable 17°C (63°F). There are usually 8 hours of bright sunshine each day, which represents 59% of the 13 hours of daylight.
Expect 12mm (0.5 inches) of rainfall across the whole of August with 3 days with some rain falling. Maximum UV levels will be very high (10 UV index) at midday when the skies are clear.
The average sea temperature in and around Funchal in August is 23°C (73°F).
Funchal sunrise & sunset times for August 2019
Browse the sunrise & sunset times for Funchal in August 2019. Select a month to view Funchal sunrise & sunset times for the next twelve months.
|Date||Sunrise times||Sunset times|
|Thursday, 1st August 2019||07:21||21:06|
|Friday, 16th August 2019||07:32||20:52|
|Saturday, 31st August 2019||07:42||20:34|
- Save EXTRA £50 per person on winter sun 2019/2020
- Minimum spend of £250 per person. 7 nights or more
- Travel between 1st Nov 2019 & 30th Apr 2020 (inclusive)
Discover more about Madeira
Popular Madeira destinations
Below are average maximum temperatures at popular destinations in Madeira in August. Select a destination to see more weather parameters.
Get FREE travel offers
Sign up to receive the latest deals and exclusive discounts on holidays, flights, hotels and more, plus inspiration on where to go when
We promise not to share your details