- Save up to 50% on adventure holidays & tours
- Browse the best deals or search by destination & date
- Book tours to Europe, Asia, Africa & the Americas
Goroka weather in August 2019
- 2626°C max day temperature
- 1919 days with some rainfall
- 1212°C min night temperature
- 1212 hours of daylight per day
- LLow heat & humidity
- 9696 mm of monthly rainfall
- 1111+ (Extreme) UV index
The August weather guide for Goroka, Papua New Guinea shows long term weather averages processed from data supplied by CRU (University of East Anglia), the Met Office & the Netherlands Meteorological Institute. Find out more about our data sources.
Metric (°C / mm) | Imperial (°F / inches)
Guide to Goroka weather in August
The average maximum daytime temperature in Goroka in August is a warm 26°C (79°F) with low heat & humidity. The average night-time temperature is usually a cool 12°C (54°F). There are usually 4 hours of bright sunshine each day, which represents 37% of the 12 hours of daylight.
Expect 96mm (3.8 inches) of rainfall across the whole of August with 19 days with some rain falling. Maximum UV levels will be extreme (11+ UV index) at midday when the skies are clear.
Goroka sunrise & sunset times for August 2019
Browse the sunrise & sunset times for Goroka in August 2019. Select a month to view Goroka sunrise & sunset times for the next twelve months.
|Date||Sunrise times||Sunset times|
|Thursday, 1st August 2019||06:29||18:20|
|Friday, 16th August 2019||06:26||18:20|
|Saturday, 31st August 2019||06:19||18:19|
- Save at least 20% on participating IHG hotels
- Book summer hotel stays at least 3 days in advance
- Travel before 15th September 2019 (inclusive)
More Papua New Guinea destinations
- Kairiru Island
- Mount Hagen
- Port Moresby
Get FREE travel offers
Sign up to receive the latest deals and exclusive discounts on holidays, flights, hotels and more, plus inspiration on where to go when
We promise not to share your details