- Save up to 50% on adventure holidays & tours
- Browse the best deals or search by destination & date
- Book tours to Europe, Asia, Africa & the Americas
Buka weather in August 2019
- 3030°C max day temperature
- 2020 days with some rainfall
- 2323°C min night temperature
- 1212 hours of daylight per day
- HHigh heat & humidity
- 173173 mm of monthly rainfall
- 1111+ (Extreme) UV index
- 2929°C sea temperature
The August weather guide for Buka, Papua New Guinea shows long term weather averages processed from data supplied by CRU (University of East Anglia), the Met Office & the Netherlands Meteorological Institute. Find out more about our data sources.
Metric (°C / mm) | Imperial (°F / inches)
Guide to Buka weather in August
The average maximum daytime temperature in Buka in August is a hot 30°C (86°F) with high heat & humidity. The average night-time temperature is usually a warm 23°C (73°F). There are usually 6 hours of bright sunshine each day, which represents 50% of the 12 hours of daylight.
Expect 173mm (6.8 inches) of rainfall across the whole of August with 20 days with some rain falling. Maximum UV levels will be extreme (11+ UV index) at midday when the skies are clear.
The average sea temperature in and around Buka in August is 29°C (84°F).
Buka sunrise & sunset times for August 2019
Browse the sunrise & sunset times for Buka in August 2019. Select a month to view Buka sunrise & sunset times for the next twelve months.
|Date||Sunrise times||Sunset times|
|Thursday, 1st August 2019||06:51||18:44|
|Friday, 16th August 2019||06:48||18:44|
|Saturday, 31st August 2019||06:42||18:42|
- Compare car hire prices to find lowest rate
- Free cancellation up to 48 hours before pick up
- Book car hire for over 20,000 destinations worldwide
More Papua New Guinea destinations
- Kairiru Island
- Mount Hagen
- Port Moresby
Get FREE travel offers
Sign up to receive the latest deals and exclusive discounts on holidays, flights, hotels and more, plus inspiration on where to go when
We promise not to share your details