- Save up to 40% with Hotels.com summer sale
- Offers on hotel bookings to worldwide destinations
- Travel before 26th September 2019 (inclusive)
Pyongyang weather in August 2019
- 2929°C max day temperature
- 1414 days with some rainfall
- 2121°C min night temperature
- 1414 hours of daylight per day
- HHigh heat & humidity
- 251251 mm of monthly rainfall
- 99 (Very High) UV index
The August weather guide for Pyongyang, North Korea shows long term weather averages processed from data supplied by CRU (University of East Anglia), the Met Office & the Netherlands Meteorological Institute. Find out more about our data sources.
Metric (°C / mm) | Imperial (°F / inches)
Guide to Pyongyang weather in August
The average maximum daytime temperature in Pyongyang in August is a warm 29°C (84°F) with high heat & humidity. The average night-time temperature is usually a comfortable 21°C (70°F). There are usually 7 hours of bright sunshine each day, which represents 48% of the 14 hours of daylight.
Expect 251mm (9.9 inches) of rainfall across the whole of August with 14 days with some rain falling. Maximum UV levels will be very high (9 UV index) at midday when the skies are clear.
Pyongyang sunrise & sunset times for August 2019
Browse the sunrise & sunset times for Pyongyang in August 2019. Select a month to view Pyongyang sunrise & sunset times for the next twelve months.
|Date||Sunrise times||Sunset times|
|Thursday, 1st August 2019||05:37||19:49|
|Friday, 16th August 2019||05:51||19:32|
|Saturday, 31st August 2019||06:04||19:10|
- Search Momondo for cheap flights to North Korea
- Find the best prices & flight routes from top airlines
- Compare leading flight offers before booking online
Where's hot in North Korea in August?
Below are average maximum temperatures at popular destinations in North Korea in August. Select a destination to see more weather parameters.
Get FREE travel offers
Sign up to receive the latest deals and exclusive discounts on holidays, flights, hotels and more, plus inspiration on where to go when
We promise not to share your details
Popular travel offers
*affiliate links: find out how we are funded and why this helps us remain free to use.