- Book low fares in the Thomas Cook Airlines winter sale
- Return flights to Cancun, Mexico from £399.99
- Return flights to Cape Town, South Africa from £449.99
Kos weather in August 2019
- 3232°C max day temperature
- 66 days with some rainfall
- 2121°C min night temperature
- 1414 hours of daylight per day
- HHigh heat & humidity
- 55 mm of monthly rainfall
- 99 (Very High) UV index
- 2525°C sea temperature
The August weather guide for Kos, represented by Kos Town, shows long term weather averages processed from data supplied by CRU (University of East Anglia), the Met Office & the Netherlands Meteorological Institute. Find out more about our data sources.
Metric (°C / mm) | Imperial (°F / inches)
Guide to Kos weather in August
The average maximum daytime temperature in Kos in August is a hot 32°C (90°F) with high heat & humidity. The average night-time temperature is usually a comfortable 21°C (70°F). There are usually 13 hours of bright sunshine each day, which represents 96% of the 14 hours of daylight.
Expect 5mm (0.2 inches) of rainfall across the whole of August with 6 days with some rain falling. Maximum UV levels will be very high (9 UV index) at midday when the skies are clear.
The average sea temperature in and around Kos in August is 25°C (77°F).
The weather in Kos in August is represented by Kos Town.
Kos sunrise & sunset times for August 2019
Browse the sunrise & sunset times for Kos in August 2019. Select a month to view Kos sunrise & sunset times for the next twelve months. The Kos sunrise & sunset times shown below are for Kos Town.
|Date||Sunrise times||Sunset times|
|Thursday, 1st August 2019||06:16||20:18|
|Friday, 16th August 2019||06:28||20:02|
|Saturday, 31st August 2019||06:41||19:41|
- Get FREE child places on summer 2019/2020 holidays
- Book holidays at First Choice Holiday Villages online
- Destinations include Tenerife, Majorca, Algarve & Greece
Discover more about Greece
Popular Kos destinations
Below are average maximum temperatures at popular destinations in Kos in August. Select a destination to see more weather parameters.
Get FREE travel offers
Sign up to receive the latest deals and exclusive discounts on holidays, flights, hotels and more, plus inspiration on where to go when
We promise not to share your details