- Save an extra 10% on cheap car hire worldwide
- With this exclusive Holiday Autos discount code
- Travel before 31st December 2019 (inclusive)
Gambia weather in August 2019
- 3131°C max day temperature
- 1717 days with some rainfall
- 2323°C min night temperature
- 1313 hours of daylight per day
- HHigh heat & humidity
- 380380 mm of monthly rainfall
- 1111+ (Extreme) UV index
- 2828°C sea temperature
The August weather guide for Gambia, represented by Banjul, shows long term weather averages processed from data supplied by CRU (University of East Anglia), the Met Office & the Netherlands Meteorological Institute. Find out more about our data sources.
Metric (°C / mm) | Imperial (°F / inches)
Guide to Gambia weather in August
The average maximum daytime temperature in Gambia in August is a hot 31°C (88°F) with high heat & humidity. The average night-time temperature is usually a warm 23°C (73°F). There are usually 7 hours of bright sunshine each day, which represents 52% of the 13 hours of daylight.
Expect 380mm (15.0 inches) of rainfall across the whole of August with 17 days with some rain falling. Maximum UV levels will be extreme (11+ UV index) at midday when the skies are clear.
The average sea temperature in and around Gambia in August is 28°C (82°F).
The weather in Gambia in August is represented by Banjul.
Gambia sunrise & sunset times for August 2019
Browse the sunrise & sunset times for Gambia in August 2019. Select a month to view Gambia sunrise & sunset times for the next twelve months. The Gambia sunrise & sunset times shown below are for Banjul.
|Date||Sunrise times||Sunset times|
|Thursday, 1st August 2019||06:51||19:34|
|Friday, 16th August 2019||06:54||19:27|
|Saturday, 31st August 2019||06:55||19:18|
- Find low prices on flights to the Gambia
- Discover the cheapest price, airlines & flight times
- Search for the best deals before you book
Discover more about the Gambia
More Gambia destinations
Get FREE travel offers
Sign up to receive the latest deals and exclusive discounts on holidays, flights, hotels and more, plus inspiration on where to go when
We promise not to share your details